What do I need for Dolby Atmos on PC?

Thready

Cyberpunk is reportedly supporting dolby ATMOS so I am wondering what I need on PC to get that. I have a soundblaster Omni DAC from 2014 which I assume doesn't support it. My headphones are Sennheiser HD 518

Photographer, future counselor, computer teacher.

3600X and RTX 2070 with too many storage drives to count. 

Well, you have to install it from the Microsoft Store and I don't think it's free. 

It doesn't really make a whole lot of sense to use with headphones though, I tried it and couldn't tell much of a difference. 

Just now, WereCat said:

Well, you have to install it from the Microsoft Store and I don't think it's free. 

It doesn't really make a whole lot of sense to use with headphones though, I tried it and couldn't tell much of a difference. 

Oh. Yeah I just use headphones. I thought it was like supersampling for audio.

1 minute ago, Thready said:

Oh. Yeah I just use headphones. I thought it was like supersampling for audio.

It can give you that "surround" sound effect via SW even if you have only stereo but that's not really the intended use for it.

I think it's way more useful if you got a speaker setup in your room. 

2 hours ago, dilpickle said:

The headphone version of Atmos costs $15.

If you use it with a sound system it is free.

I always knew some variant of atmos costed something but I can't believe that's what they're charging for. I guess its what makes the most money though as they can push it to people who don't know a lot about audio.

3 hours ago, Thready said:

Cyberpunk is reportedly supporting dolby vision so I am wondering what I need on PC to get that. I have a soundblaster Omni DAC from 2014 which I assume doesn't support it. My headphones are Sennheiser HD 518

your saying 2 things here

Dolby Vision is the name for a high dynamic range (HDR) 4K video format...which your tv or monitor need to support to use it, otherwise its normal HDR

Dolby atmos for sound you can do the fake simulated headphone way like others have said

or you go with a receiver that supports it and speaker set up

dolby atmos is really min 5.1.2 ...left, right, center, left rear, right rear....sub.... left ceiling, right ceiling,

On 11/23/2020 at 11:19 PM, circeseye said:

your saying 2 things here

Dolby Vision is the name for a high dynamic range (HDR) 4K video format...which your tv or monitor need to support to use it, otherwise its normal HDR

Dolby atmos for sound you can do the fake simulated headphone way like others have said

or you go with a receiver that supports it and speaker set up

dolby atmos is really min 5.1.2 ...left, right, center, left rear, right rear....sub.... left ceiling, right ceiling,

Oh sorry. I meant Dolby Atmos. But if it's not leaps and bounds better than Windows built in 3D sound then I'm not going to worry about it.