Incredibly disappointed with LTT shirt fabric

Sykaas

Another reason I'll never buy 'merch' 

Overpriced tat 

Also $15 for 20 velcro cable wraps is fucking criminal. Just saying.

DISCLAIMER 

Everything i say is my own opinion. So if you disagree with what I post, you are wrong. 

12 minutes ago, wANKER said:

don't buy them 🤷‍♂️

(it's also a 20 pack, just saying)

AMD blackout rig

cpu: ryzen 5 3600 @4.4ghz @1.35v

gpu: rx5700xt 2200mhz

ram: vengeance lpx c15 3200mhz

mobo: gigabyte b550 auros pro 

psu: cooler master mwe 650w

case: masterbox mbx520

fans:Noctua industrial 3000rpm x6

55 minutes ago, wANKER said:

This^

41 minutes ago, Letgomyleghoe said:

(it's also a 20 pack, just saying)

means the same thing as this^

It's a 20-count package of cable ties. You get 20 of them. Not 400.

Now, is $15 USD a lot for 20 cable ties? Unquestionably, yes. I can buy a 100 pack of Velcro brand cable ties for $30 CAD, or a 25 pack for $13 CAD.

So, is it outrageous? Not when you consider that you're mostly paying for LTT custom branding. But it's definitely a little on the expensive side of things.

For Sale: Meraki Bundle

iPhone Xr 128 GB Product Red - HP Spectre x360 13" (i5 - 8 GB RAM - 256 GB SSD) - HP ZBook 15v G5 15" (i7-8850H - 16 GB RAM - 512 GB SSD - NVIDIA Quadro P600)

2 minutes ago, dalekphalm said:

This^

means the same thing as this^

It's a 20-count package of cable ties. You get 20 of them. Not 400.

Now, is $15 USD a lot for 20 cable ties? Unquestionably, yes. I can buy a 100 pack of Velcro brand cable ties for $30 CAD, or a 25 pack for $13 CAD.

So, is it outrageous? Not when you consider that you're mostly paying for LTT custom branding. But it's definitely a little on the expensive side of things.

i can't read apparently 

stills seems about the same as everything else ive found

AMD blackout rig

cpu: ryzen 5 3600 @4.4ghz @1.35v

gpu: rx5700xt 2200mhz

ram: vengeance lpx c15 3200mhz

mobo: gigabyte b550 auros pro 

psu: cooler master mwe 650w

case: masterbox mbx520

fans:Noctua industrial 3000rpm x6

3 hours ago, Devilish said:

Wait so is it actually thin enough to see through or not? I’m getting conflicting signals here lol

id like to buy a shirt but I’d rather now have everyone and their grandma see my binder 

Yes, you can see through it (can't say for new, but after that 5+ washs). If you look against light or something similar. So its not really see-through in sense where someone could see you nips just from fabric being thin. Actually full cotton shirt of about same age, but double the washes shows more when looking against the light.

^^^^ That's my post ^^^^
<-- This is me --- That's your scrollbar -->
vvvv Who's there? vvvv

Several brands have thin and light shirts that you can "see through" when stretched out, or against a light source. I have several thin shirts that are much preferred to the more solid and suffocating style of my other shirts that don't breathe and are heavy, but look "more solid." 

Given that these are AA shirts, I'm sure they wouldn't be available if they were that problematic. Perhaps LTT can choose a different style and/or material for future releases to broaden their collection, but there's nothing inherently bad with thin shirts.

8 hours ago, AvMaverick said:

Wow. Now I'm reconsidering buying lttstore merch for XMas. With how much Linus talks about quality, I'd definitely expected better, for that huge price!

you should always check materials before buying anything, some people don't seem to mind synthetics, or even prefer them, personally really can't stand them, I also only wear 100% cottage socks made by my grandma (bless her) they're usually a bit thick, but I don't mind, at least they're not made out of plastic and I don't sweat like crazy after 5 minutes of wearing them... 

The direction tells you... the direction

-Scott Manley, 2021

Softwares used:

Corsair Link (Anime Edition) 

MSI Afterburner 

OpenRGB

Lively Wallpaper 

OBS Studio

Shutter Encoder

Avidemux

FSResizer

Audacity 

VLC

WMP

GIMP

HWiNFO64

Paint

3D Paint

GitHub Desktop 

Superposition 

Prime95

Aida64

GPUZ

CPUZ

Generic Logviewer

Just tested this with a a couple shirts of mine, put a high contrast object under and shone a bright light at both 

Photoshop_0uYPERKEwL.png

13 hours ago, LogicalDrm said:

Consider that each skin is different, and that part of the price is to support company. With custom prints too. 

I would love to support LTT, but my dad is a quality freak and after all the shipping costs, an LTT merch tee will cost me around 40$, which is double the price and much more expensive than any tee I have ever owned. So it is practically impossible to justify the costs to my dad, then!

19 minutes ago, AvMaverick said:

I would love to support LTT, but my dad is a quality freak and after all the shipping costs, an LTT merch tee will cost me around 40$, which is double the price and much more expensive than any tee I have ever owned. So it is practically impossible to justify the costs to my dad, then!

Yeah, this is why I don't buy merch. I rather pay for support directly.

For transparency, the merch I got was for the service for forums as a gift from LMG. Considering the options, I opted out of the same gift offer this year.

^^^^ That's my post ^^^^
<-- This is me --- That's your scrollbar -->
vvvv Who's there? vvvv

This is the first time I heard people equate shirt thickness to quality. 

As someone living in tropical climate, the shirts are awesome - cooling, easy to wash, colour that doesn't fade after the first wash, no loose neckline or sleeve after 6 months. I have tons of thick black shirt that are horrible and uncomfortable to wear. 

And people saying they are worried that the shirts are see-through, just watch some LTT videos and the staff are mostly wearing the tshirt, I don't think you can see through anything.