R3 3600 vs i5 9600K for premiere pro build

LOUnatic779

Good afternoon everyone. Im building my wife a new premiere desktop. Shes been using a surface laptop for a while and now that we have kids shes doing videos all the time and its killing her on the laptop. I had her try out my r5 2600x build last night and it knocked her socks off so Im putting together a machine for preimere pro, which I know nothing about (PC's are toys meant for video games for me 110%). 

Im getting a lot of conflicting info on the net. Here are the two builds Im looking at 

Intel i5 9600K (about $435 and can bulid tomorrow)

R5 3600 ( $458 but would have to drive to Dallas (I live in Houston) 8 hour total trip)

I guess the question is, is the 3600 so much better that a mom will notice the difference and thus is it worth my time to take an entire day to drive up to Dallas or will the 9600K with just 6 threads hold its own?

I suppose I could also get an 9700K for just $50 more and just slap that in my machine and give her the 2600x. 

What would yall do? Thanks in advance. 

Budget (including currency): 500

Games, programs or workloads that it will be used for: Premiere Pro

Other details (existing parts lists, whether any peripherals are needed, what you're upgrading from, when you're going to buy, what resolution and refresh rate you want to play at, etc): 

Why would you have to drive so far? What are the full specs of both builds. For premiere it's a 3600 hands down but hard to say without all the other specs.

1 minute ago, jaslion said:

Why would you have to drive so far? What are the full specs of both builds. For premiere it's a 3600 hands down but hard to say without all the other specs.

The houston microcenter doesnt have any more 3600's and MC wont ship from their stores or to your house. 

other specs will be 32 gb of DDR 4

1060 6gb (already have) 

512 GB NVME

21 hours ago, LOUnatic779 said:

The houston microcenter doesnt have any more 3600's and MC wont ship from their stores or to your house. 

other specs will be 32 gb of DDR 4

1060 6gb (already have) 

512 GB NVME

Maybe a older 2700 would be better here?

Ended up just saying screw it and am building her a 9700k machine. Microcenter is getting rid of their supply for $200 and you get $20 off if you buy a mobo at the same time. 

Just got her an asrock 365Mpro4 and will put it into a Lian Li 205m case with a hyper 212 evo. She wont be over clocking so I dont have any worries about temps.