Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Need help deciding on a new GPU

So I just traded in my old laptop for a desktop with an i9 10900K, 16GB of 4000Mhz ram and a Z490 motherboard. Want to be able to run 1440P at 144+ FPS. Most of the new graphics cards are sold out everywhere, can anyone help finding one or point me in the right direction? 

Budget-looking to spend around 1K on the new card.

ok first and foremost, welcome.

Second: wich titles are you gonna play? if we're talking Microsoft Flight Simulator, i don't think there yet anything capable of 144+ FPS at 1440p. If we're talking last 2 years AAA titles i would go toward a 3070 in next two months? if you wanna go for a 3080 check you PSU first.

If you wanna go Team Red (AMD), 6800XT but same as before, not before two months. If you really need to get a GPU right now, well... whatever you can find in the used section i guess? something along a 2080 super, if you can find it at 500$ max?

8 minutes ago, JoJo_O said:

ok first and foremost, welcome.

Second: wich titles are you gonna play? if we're talking Microsoft Flight Simulator, i don't think there yet anything capable of 144+ FPS at 1440p. If we're talking last 2 years AAA titles i would go toward a 3070 in next two months? if you wanna go for a 3080 check you PSU first.

If you wanna go Team Red (AMD), 6800XT but same as before, not before two months. If you really need to get a GPU right now, well... whatever you can find in the used section i guess? something along a 2080 super, if you can find it at 500$ max?

Thank you for responding. I plan on playing mainly AAA titles and am not sure if I want to spend the 500$ to get something decent or just wait. Although I am completely out of a card right now.

Eh, tough choice! but if you decide to get a 3000 Series from Nvidia or a 6000 series from AMD, please please PLEASE do not get an overpriced one from ebay / amazon etc, do not feed the scalpers market.

2 hours ago, AidanS20 said:

So I just traded in my old laptop for a desktop with an i9 10900K, 16GB of 4000Mhz ram and a Z490 motherboard. Want to be able to run 1440P at 144+ FPS. Most of the new graphics cards are sold out everywhere, can anyone help finding one or point me in the right direction? 

Budget-looking to spend around 1K on the new card.

My goodness you got a decent deal... I'm jealous.

23 minutes ago, FoldingToFightAnyDiseases said:

My goodness you got a decent deal... I'm jealous.

Not to mention he gave me a razor keyboard a hyperx headset and 27 inch monitor as well.