The third place - Panasonic releases Transparent/Semi-transparent Television

williamcll

After LG and Xiaomi, Panasonic has finalized their design with their Transparent TVs that they have demonstrated last year. It comes in two flavors, one transparent model that is more or less what LG and Xiaomi has made as well as a dimmable model that turns the device into more of a regular television. Both are OLED 1080p, 55 inches and will be available starting December.

Last week Panasonic delivered on its promise and launched the TP-55ZT110 and TP-55ZT100 transparent OLED displays. Overall, there seems to be no disparity between what was introduced a year back, and what was launched last week. However, the main concern for a lot of people appears to be the realization of the dimming unit, and whether it is present in the OLED displays that were launched. Panasonic’s venture into manufacturing transparent OLEDs is comparatively a long process since the company had announced such a concept as far back as 2016. The company had shown prototypes and concepts for such.

Transparent OLED Display Module

Compared to TP-55ZT100, the back panel of Panasonic TP-55ZT110 provides a dimming unit. This is something that is developed exclusively by Panasonic and it comes with the added feature to change the display to “Black Mode”. It aims to reduce light transmission, reducing the transparency of the TV. Consequently, the image quality is improved by increasing the contrast. This makes the TZ110 can be used as a regular display or as a transparent display. Although Panasonic did not mention the price for the two TP-55ZT110 and TP-55ZT100 OLED displays; however, the company did mention that they will be available in Japan and the Asia-Pacific market as soon as December 2020.

Source: https://www.techgenyz.com/2020/11/23/panasonic-launched-transparent-oled-displays/

https://news.panasonic.com/global/press/data/2020/11/en201120-3/en201120-3.html
Thoughts: I would imagine Panasonic's offering would be better than Xiaomi's quality, but it's hard to tell how high they will price it at. I wonder how different the latency would be as well?

Specs: Motherboard: Asus X470-PLUS TUF gaming (Yes I know it's poor but I wasn't informed) RAM: Corsair VENGEANCE® LPX DDR4 3200Mhz CL16-18-18-36 2x8GB

CPU: Ryzen 9 5900X          Case: Antec P8     PSU: Corsair RM850x                        Cooler: Antec K240 with two Noctura Industrial PPC 3000 PWM

Drives: Samsung 970 EVO plus 250GB, Micron 1100 2TB, Seagate ST4000DM000/1F2168 GPU: EVGA RTX 2080 ti Black edition

I do wanna see these in stores marketing stuff, or show casing stuff off at big events. But those companies will have to hire someone with good cable management skills (so not Linus). 

It is cool though. 

| Ryzen 7 7800X3D | AM5 B650 Aorus Elite AX | G.Skill Trident Z5 Neo RGB DDR5 32GB 6000MHz C30 | Sapphire PULSE Radeon RX 7900 XTX | Samsung 990 PRO 1TB with heatsink | Arctic Liquid Freezer II 360 | Seasonic Focus GX-850 | Lian Li Lanccool III | Mousepad: Skypad 3.0 XL / Zowie GTF-X | Mouse: Zowie S1-C | Keyboard: Ducky One 3 TKL (Cherry MX-Speed-Silver)Beyerdynamic MMX 300 (2nd Gen) | Acer XV272U | OS: Windows 11 |

how does this even work... don't monitors / TVs have all kinds of circuitry in the back? And what about cables (for electricity)? 

I'm not saying this is fake, just how does it work lol - I know they have a box thing under the screen but still...? 🤔

ps: these don't even seem to have a box! 🤷🏼

The direction tells you... the direction

-Scott Manley, 2021

Softwares used:

Corsair Link (Anime Edition) 

MSI Afterburner 

OpenRGB

Lively Wallpaper 

OBS Studio

Shutter Encoder

Avidemux

FSResizer

Audacity 

VLC

WMP

GIMP

HWiNFO64

Paint

3D Paint

GitHub Desktop 

Superposition 

Prime95

Aida64

GPUZ

CPUZ

Generic Logviewer

Very impractical.

My computer for gaming & work. AMD Ryzen 3600x with XFR support on - Arctic Cooling LF II - ASUS Prime X570-P - Gigabyte 5700XT - 32GB Geil Orion 3600 - Crucial P1 1TB NVME - Crucial BX 500 SSD - EVGA GQ 650w - NZXT Phantom 820 Gun Metal Grey colour - Samsung C27FG73FU monitor - Blue snowball mic - External best connectivity 24 bit/ 96khz DAC headphone amp -Pioneer SE-205 headphone - Focal Auditor 130mm speakers in custom sealed boxes - inPhase audio XT 8 V2 wired at 2ohm 300RMS custom slot port compact box - Vibe Audio PowerBox 400.1

10 minutes ago, Mark Kaine said:

how does this even work... don't monitors / TVs have all kinds of circuitry in the back? And what about cables (for electricity)? 

I'm not saying this is fake, just how does it work lol - I know they have a box thing under the screen but still...? 🤔

ps: these don't even seem to have a box! 🤷🏼

They use LEDs so there is no need for a backlight.

The conductors'wires' in your screen are already transparent anyway.

As far as how there's no cables all the connections are at the bottom where there is a box or thin edge of done kind.

My Folding Stats - Join the fight against COVID-19 with FOLDING! - If someone has helped you out on the forum don't forget to give them a reaction to say thank you!

The only true wisdom is in knowing you know nothing. - Socrates

Please put as much effort into your question as you expect me to put into answering it. 

• CPU
    Ryzen 9 5950X
  • Motherboard
    Gigabyte Aorus GA-AX370-GAMING 5
  • RAM
    32GB DDR4 3200
  • GPU
    Inno3D 4070 Ti
  • Case
    Cooler Master - MasterCase H500P
  • Storage
    Western Digital Black 250GB, Seagate BarraCuda 1TB x2
  • PSU
    EVGA Supernova 1000w 
  • Display(s)
    Lenovo L29w-30 29 Inch UltraWide Full HD, BenQ - XL2430(portrait), Dell P2311Hb(portrait)
  • Cooling
    MasterLiquid Lite 240

18 minutes ago, GOTSpectrum said:

They use LEDs so there is no need for a backlight.

The conductors'wires' in your screen are already transparent anyway.

As far as how there's no cables all the connections are at the bottom where there is a box or thin edge of done kind.

oh ok got it, thanks 

(I still do have to digest the invisible wires thing though, but I guess they're just really thin or something) 

The direction tells you... the direction

-Scott Manley, 2021

Softwares used:

Corsair Link (Anime Edition) 

MSI Afterburner 

OpenRGB

Lively Wallpaper 

OBS Studio

Shutter Encoder

Avidemux

FSResizer

Audacity