SURVEY What CPU/GPU combo do you use?

Go to solution Solved by Lord Szechenyi,

meta-chart.thumb.png.dabe76656d0ab108cac40ec77b248781.png

Reviving this thread since we now have 12th gen intel and M1 CPUs

(remember, you can always re-vote if your setup has since changed)

Order is CPU/GPU (or igpu) (ATI counts as AMD)  

263 members have voted

1. 1. Order is CPU/GPU (or igpu) (ATI counts as AMD)

• Intel/Intel
    • Intel/Nvidia
    • Intel/AMD (or ati)
    • AMD/Nvidia
    • AMD/AMD (or ati)
    • Something else that isn't in the above

I'm interested in knowing what the majority of this forum has in their pc.

Discuss your choices

I'm Intel/Nvidia, since AMD gpus suck in price/performance and intel cpus have a great price/performance

Edit: please don't just say what your specs are, nobody cares, when i said discuss your choices i meant explaining WHY you got those specs

Edited by Lord Szechenyi

1 minute ago, Lord Szechenyi said:

since AMD gpus suck in price/performance and intel cpus has a great price/performance

Budapest market must be rough but in the united states we enjoy some pretty cheap AMD graphics cards and CPUs

I WILL find your ITX build thread, and I WILL recommend the SIlverstone Sugo SG13B

Primary PC:

i7 8086k - EVGA Z370 Classified K - G.Skill Trident Z RGB - WD SN750 - Jedi Order Titan Xp - Hyper 212 Black (with RGB Riing flair) - EVGA G3 650W - dual booting Windows 10 and Linux - Black and green theme, Razer brainwashed me.

Draws 400 watts under max load, for reference.

How many watts do I needATX 3.0 & PCIe 5.0 spec, PSU misconceptions, protections explainedgroup reg is bad

Just now, Fasauceome said:

Budapest market must be rough but in the united states we enjoy some pretty cheap AMD graphics cards and CPUs

well i can give you comparisons if you want.

What's a popular amd equivalent to, say, the 1050ti?

or any other suggestion is fine (as long as it's not the 3000 series or the latest radeon series, because scalpers prices don't count)

3 minutes ago, Lord Szechenyi said:

there really isn't one, the RX 570/470 is the main competitor, for $80 or so. GTX 1050 ti often goes for over $100, close to $120 in north america, but it's just not as capable for gaming. Once you're spending over $100, might as well get an RX 580.

I WILL find your ITX build thread, and I WILL recommend the SIlverstone Sugo SG13B

Primary PC:

i7 8086k - EVGA Z370 Classified K - G.Skill Trident Z RGB - WD SN750 - Jedi Order Titan Xp - Hyper 212 Black (with RGB Riing flair) - EVGA G3 650W - dual booting Windows 10 and Linux - Black and green theme, Razer brainwashed me.

How many watts do I needATX 3.0 & PCIe 5.0 spec, PSU misconceptions, protections explainedgroup reg is bad

3 minutes ago, Fasauceome said:

2 minutes ago, Lord Szechenyi said:

well i can give you comparisons if you want.

or any other suggestion is fine (as long as it's not the 3000 series or the latest radeon series, because scalpers prices don't count)

Also reminds me that AMD is quite rare here, of the new 5000 series there aren't any offers at all.

like AT ALL.

i maybe found 1 person selling it and that's it, you just can't find amd cpus here (or well, you need to wait 6 months after launch to see anything)

Just now, Lord Szechenyi said:

Also reminds me that AMD is quite rare here, of the new 5000 series there aren't any offers at all.

like AT ALL.

i maybe found 1 person selling it and that's it, you just can't find amd cpus here (or well, you need to wait 6 months after launch to see anything)

that's a bummer, stock of 30 series and 6000 series is already bad worldwide, hope you can see them in like a year to actually have the option to buy

Primary PC:

I was going to use AMD CPU, NVIDIA GPU.

Gave my RTX 2080 Super back to get RTX 3080.

In the meanwhile, casual gaming on Ryzen 3 3200G.

Whatever, learnt about 3080 VRAM, RX 6800 XT, now definitely changed my mind.

X570 MOBO, 5600X, 6800XT. 

High refresh rate 1080p gang ❤️

i5 7400 and rx480 4gb.

I could use some help with this!

please, pm me if you would like to contribute to my gpu bios database (includes overclocking bios, stock bios, and upgrades to gpus via modding)

Bios database

My beautiful, but not that powerful, main PC:

prior build:

Spoiler

there really isn't one, the RX 570/470 is the main competitor, for $80 or so. GTX 1050 ti often goes for over $100, close to $120 in north america.

i'm gonna use passmark as a reference, then i'll compare prices

image.thumb.png.8262ceb54507c28e5bd895131977bc3e.png

Other than TDP (and max vram) I'd say it's mostly identical

Cheapest 1050 ti is around 27000HUF

cheapest rx 570 is around 28000HUF

Yeah there isn't much of a difference, maybe i need to look for more recent/powerful cards but i remember the 1070 being cheaper than it's amd eqivalent (even if only by 20 bucks)

3 minutes ago, Fasauceome said:

that's a bummer, stock of 30 series and 6000 series is already bad worldwide, hope you can see them in like a year to actually have the option to buy

It's unrelated to this, here there wasn't even a launch technically.

but this has been the case for every amd cpu since am4 (dunno for older ones)

Laptop:

i5-8265u / MX250

Desktop:

i3-4130 / HD 4400

(The R7 240 that was on the system just kicked the bucket)

Remember! Reality Is An Illusion, The Universe Is A Hologram, Buy GOLD! Byeeee!!!

2 minutes ago, Lord Szechenyi said:

Other than TDP (and max vram) I'd say it's mostly identical

Nearly a 10% increase in favor of the 570? That's not barely a difference, it's quite noticable. And for less than 4% increase in cost, the value is waaay better.

Primary PC:

2 minutes ago, StDragon said:

Blue/Blue
Blue/Green
Blue/Red
Red/Green
Red/Red
Grey/Grey

grey/grey is for people who might use some Commodore computer

but then again the cpu is probably intel

so in reality it should be Blue/Grey

or they are using some custom built stuff like rasberry pie or something idk

However i can do RGB if you have Red Cpu Green Gpu and Blue soundcard

1 minute ago, Fasauceome said:

Nearly a 10% increase in favor of the 570? That's not barely a difference, and for less than 4% increase in cost, the value is waaay better.

the tdp is more than double, and all of the models i saw were obviously the 3gb ones, so no, not really

4 minutes ago, Lord Szechenyi said:

remember the 1070 being cheaper than it's amd eqivalent (even if only by 20 bucks)

The 1070 never had an AMD equivalent, the RX Vega 56 beat it in games and the 1070 ti was released to match it. $20 less for a 1070 vs a V56 means the vega also has better value.

the tdp is more than double, and all of the models i saw were obviously the 3gb ones, so no, not really

3GB doesn't exist for 570, and tdp doesn't matter at all

Primary PC:

2 minutes ago, Fasauceome said:

The 1070 never had an AMD equivalent, the RX Vega 56 beat it in games and the 1070 ti was released to match it. $20 less for a 1070 vs a V56 means the vega also has better value.

3GB doesn't exist for 570, and tdp doesn't matter at all

my bad i meant to write 4 instead of 3.

TDP is a big deal for me

(especially since according to a lot of nerds here there is a tier list and that "low tier" PSUs cant deal with as much Wattage than they are advertised as)

(also generally quieter from my experience)

my bad i meant to write 4 instead of 3.

TDP is a big deal for me

How much does electricity cost? It would have to be very expensive and you'd have to be gaming quite a lot for it to be a meaningful factor.

Primary PC:

How much does electricity cost? It would have to be very expensive and you'd have to be gaming quite a lot for it to be a meaningful factor.

well like mentioned above the PSUs but also using a 1070 (equal to an rx 570 in power or almost) has cost me about 50$/year in electricity compared to m 1050ti last year at 20$

R5 3600, RX 5700 (flashed to 5700xt)

AMD blackout rig

cpu: ryzen 5 3600 @4.4ghz @1.35v

gpu: rx5700xt 2200mhz

ram: vengeance lpx c15 3200mhz

mobo: gigabyte b550 auros pro 

psu: cooler master mwe 650w

case: masterbox mbx520

fans:Noctua industrial 3000rpm x6

1 minute ago, Lord Szechenyi said:

well like mentioned above the PSUs but also using a 1070 (equal to an rx 570 in power or almost) has cost me about 50$/year in electricity compared to m 1050ti last year at 20$

Google says bangladesh power costs per MWH are even cheaper than where I live so you must be gaming quite a bit for the impact to be so meaningful. 

Although the option to cut a little performance to save power would also become a tempting option since the 570 would become more efficient for a small performance hit.

Primary PC:

AMD/AMD. Might switch to Nvidia if I can get my hands on a 3060, else will probably go used and get something cheap.

CPU: AMD Ryzen 3700x / GPU: Asus Radeon RX 6750XT OC 12GB / RAM: Corsair Vengeance LPX 2x8GB DDR4-3200
MOBO: MSI B450m Gaming Plus / NVME: Corsair MP510 240GB / Case: TT Core v21 / PSU: Seasonic 750W / OS: Win 10 Pro