Looking for some good RGB light strips

Devilish

Hi everyone! I've currently been on the hunt for some RGB lighting to put around my setup, with how mainstream LED light strips have become its been kinda hard for me to find ones that don't look...cheap to say the least, repeats of the same strips on amazon with just different names slapped on them.

I'm personally looking for strips that have a casing over them instead of just bare dots as they bother me (if the lighting is good enough tho I don't really mind), price isn't really an issue. I'd just like to see some recommendations!

EDIT: Also looking for some neon sign recommendations (websites,where to buy from or custom orders) if any of you guys are into that ^^

They/Them

rgb go woosh woosh fps higher

Ryzen 5 3600X  | Asus ROG Strix B550-E | Zotac Gaming GeForce RTX 3070 Twin Edge | 32G DDR4 Corsair Vengeance RGB Pro | Corsair RM750x | Corsair 4000D Airflow

Ducky One 2 Mini Cherry MX Red | Ducky Mecha Mini | Glorious Model D-

Nintendo Switch | Xbox One

I recently bought these: https://www.amazon.com/dp/B086RSH7JV/

Not sure if they're covered or not, but they are pretty bright, work well with my Google Assistant, the cable and control box is white (looks less ugly IMO), basically no issues.

Remote is pretty chonky, but I almost never use it anyway.

QUOTE/TAG ME WHEN REPLYING

Spend As Much Time Writing Your Question As You Want Me To Spend Responding To It.

If I'm wrong, please point it out. I'm always learning & I won't bite.

Desktop:

Delidded Core i7 4770K - GTX 1070 ROG Strix - 16GB DDR3 - Lots of RGB lights I never change

Laptop:

HP Spectre X360 - i7 8560U - MX150 - 2TB SSD - 16GB DDR4

13 minutes ago, Devilish said:

Hi everyone! I've currently been on the hunt for some RGB lighting to put around my setup, with how mainstream LED light strips have become its been kinda hard for me to find ones that don't look...cheap to say the least, repeats of the same strips on amazon with just different names slapped on them.

I'm personally looking for strips that have a casing over them instead of just bare dots as they bother me (if the lighting is good enough tho I don't really mind), price isn't really an issue. I'd just like to see some recommendations!

EDIT: Also looking for some neon sign recommendations (websites,where to buy from or custom orders) if any of you guys are into that ^^

I can talk about neon a little bit:

neon is old tech.  It’s an artisan thing.  There will be small neon shops spread all over.  It uses noble gasses and VERY high wattages, to the point that neon transformers are considered some of the most dangerous electrical devices publically sold. Because of its artisan nature and high materials cost it is extremely expensive.  It has also been hit very hard by such things as electroluminescent wire, which provides similar effects for much lower costs and higher safety levels.  There is also light pipe which does a somewhat similar thing.  It sounds like what you are looking for with your LED strips is electroluminescent wire or light pipe supported LED. 

Not a pro, not even very good.  I’m just old and have time currently.  Assuming I know a lot about computers can be a mistake.

Life is like a bowl of chocolates: there are all these little crinkly paper cups everywhere.

1 minute ago, Bombastinator said:

I can talk about neon a little bit:

neon is old tech.  It’s an artisan thing.  There will be small neon shops spread all over.  It uses noble gasses and VERY high wattages, to the point that neon transformers are considered some of the most dangerous electrical devices publically sold. Because of its artisan nature and high materials cost it is extremely expensive.  It has also been hit very hard by such things as electroluminescent wire, which provides similar effects for much lower costs and higher safety levels.  There is also light pipe which does a somewhat similar thing.  It sounds like what you are looking for with your LED strips is electroluminescent wire or light pipe supported LED. 

Ahhh thats what I meant lol I had no idea what it was called thank you!

Also yea, I've been lowkey obsessed with neon since ive lived in the seattle area for pretty much all of my life, neon signs everywhere.
If I really want to commit to getting a neon sign I'll probably see if I can find someone local who makes them and save up a lot of money for it.

They/Them

rgb go woosh woosh fps higher

Ryzen 5 3600X  | Asus ROG Strix B550-E | Zotac Gaming GeForce RTX 3070 Twin Edge | 32G DDR4 Corsair Vengeance RGB Pro | Corsair RM750x | Corsair 4000D Airflow

Ducky One 2 Mini Cherry MX Red | Ducky Mecha Mini | Glorious Model D-

Nintendo Switch | Xbox One