I need a tablet.... or do I need a laptop?!?!

feem

Hi, so I just don‘t know which option is better for me, so maybe you guys can help me out :)

I need a new device, cause my 10yr old laptop died a few days ago.

My device doesn‘t need to be that powerful, but I will take you through everything I use (software / apps /web)

1. Most of the time i use canva.com / or the app
2. Zoom and Skype should be possible to run while using a second app (Docs / Notion etc...)
3. A text editor like MS Word, G Docs etc...

And thats 90% of what I would do with the device.
Create Designs for my Print on Demand business
Write articles for a german blog and interview people over zoom sometimes.

My budget is limited to max. $500,-

In round about 2 years we will move out of our apartment into our own house and then I will build my own PC again, but I need something for the time in between.

So what would you recommend, getting a tablet or buy a laptop?

BR
Alex

Chromebook.

Quote me to see my reply!

SPECS:

CPU: Ryzen 7 3700X Motherboard: MSI B450-A Pro Max RAM: 32GB I forget GPU: MSI Vega 56 Storage: 256GB NVMe boot, 512GB Samsung 850 Pro, 1TB WD Blue SSD, 1TB WD Blue HDD PSU: Inwin P85 850w Case: Fractal Design Define C Cooling: Stock for CPU, be quiet! case fans, Morpheus Vega w/ be quiet! Pure Wings 2 for GPU Monitor: 3x Thinkvision P24Q on a Steelcase Eyesite triple monitor stand Mouse: Logitech MX Master 3 Keyboard: Focus FK-9000 (heavily modded) Mousepad: Aliexpress cat special Headphones:  Sennheiser HD598SE and Sony Linkbuds

🏳️‍🌈

So, like a chromebook?

I could use some help with this!

please, pm me if you would like to contribute to my gpu bios database (includes overclocking bios, stock bios, and upgrades to gpus via modding)

Bios database

My beautiful, but not that powerful, main PC:

prior build:

Spoiler

I could use some help with this!

please, pm me if you would like to contribute to my gpu bios database (includes overclocking bios, stock bios, and upgrades to gpus via modding)

Bios database

My beautiful, but not that powerful, main PC:

prior build:

Spoiler

chromebook will be great, I run a google meet while opening 2 dozens other tabs, use it for school work can handle what you want, get a chromebook

Like above I would recommend a Chromebook device. I would personally go with the google pixlebook Go, but you can go with cheaper options.

Good Cheap (you can check out the education edition for even cheaper) : https://store.hp.com/us/en/pdp/hp-chromebook-14a-g5-p-7yf74ut-aba-1 

Pixelbook (recomended): https://store.google.com/us/product/pixelbook_go

Black Friday is coming up so expect some good prices soon.

Edit: Just found this Samsung Chromebook that is $650 of the original price. It has an i5 processor, a 4k display, and is a 2 in 1.

https://www.samsung.com/us/computing/chromebooks/12-14/galaxy-chromebook--256gb-storage--8gb-ram---fiesta-red-xe930qca-k01us/#benefits