Jump to content
Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Question? - How much would this system sell for?

Hello everyone. I built this PC in late 2018. The price I paid back then was £2267 not that it matters. (I feel like that was overpriced now looking back)

 

So with the recent COVID situation, I've been laid off from my job and need money. My brothers friend has asked for a price I would like on my PC and honestly, I have no idea.

With all the new components that have released since, and for good prices, I'm not sure what I could get for my PC anymore. Could you guys please give me a rough price?

 

Here's the build: 

 

  • 1 x Windows 10 Home 64 bit Operating System
  • [CPU] - 1 x Intel i7 8700K 6 Core Coffee Lake CPU
  • [CASE] - 1 x CORSAIR OBSIDIAN 750D AIRFLOW FULL TOWER
  • [AIO CPU COOLER] - 1 x 240mm Corsair H100i V2 AIO LED Water Cooler
  • [PSU] - 1 x 850W - Corsair TX850M 80+ Gold Semi-Modular PSU
  • [RAM] - 1 x 16GB (2x8GB) Corsair Vengeance LPX 3000MHz - Black
  • [MOTHERBOARD] - 1 x ASUS ROG MAXIMUS X HERO - DDR4 ATX Motherboard
  • [GPU] - 1 x ASUS GeForce GTX 1080 Ti ROG Strix OC edition 11GB 
  • [SSD] - 1 x 250GB Samsung 860 EVO 2.5" SATA III SSD
  • [HDD] -1 x 2TB Seagate Barracuda SATA III Hard Drive

 

Thank you to all that reply, I'll be keeping an eye out and replying myself. Cheers :)

Link to post
Share on other sites

1250 maybe. 

 

I am still TechWizardThatNeedsHelp, just less of a mouthfull.

ALWAYS REMEMBER: FULL SPECS IN A TROUBLESHOOTING QUESTION AND TO NOT BE A DICK IF SOMEONE CANT FIGURE OUT THE ISSUE

My beautiful, but not that powerful, main PC:

prior build:

Spoiler

 

 

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, boggy77 said:

i'd probably pay around £800 for this.

 

you can build a system with a new 5600x and a new 3070 for £1250

yeah, but this has corsair shit, which wouldnt be in the 5600x build, and it also comes with windows 10.

I am still TechWizardThatNeedsHelp, just less of a mouthfull.

ALWAYS REMEMBER: FULL SPECS IN A TROUBLESHOOTING QUESTION AND TO NOT BE A DICK IF SOMEONE CANT FIGURE OUT THE ISSUE

My beautiful, but not that powerful, main PC:

prior build:

Spoiler

 

 

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, HelpfulTechWizard said:

yeah, but this has corsair shit, which wouldnt be in the 5600x build, and it also comes with windows 10.

That was... 'helpful' - if you have to demean a system, maybe don't comment at all.

Did you test boot it, before you built in into the case?

WHY NOT...?!

Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, Eighjan said:

That was... 'helpful' - if you have to demean a system, maybe don't comment at all.

Cosair is high quality, though a bit expensive, if anything that would demean the ryzen one. This has a 160$ aio, you would probably be stuck with the stock cooler for the ryzen one. The ryzen one would not have a high end motherboard, this comes with a Maximus model. I was just pointing out the cosair parts, with some more...... coarse language.

I am still TechWizardThatNeedsHelp, just less of a mouthfull.

ALWAYS REMEMBER: FULL SPECS IN A TROUBLESHOOTING QUESTION AND TO NOT BE A DICK IF SOMEONE CANT FIGURE OUT THE ISSUE

My beautiful, but not that powerful, main PC:

prior build:

Spoiler

 

 

Link to post
Share on other sites

800-900 USD.

Quote me to see my reply!

SPECS:

CPU: Xeon X5650 OC'd to 4.2GHz @ 1.35V (courtesy of @XR6)Motherboard: Asus Sabertooth X58 RAM: 6x4GB G.Skill Ripjaws X GPU: Asus RX 570 Strix Storage: WD Blue 1TB and a 128GB Kingston UV400 PSU: EVGA 600B Case: Fractal Design Define C Cooling: H100i V2, be quiet! Pure Wings 2 (two intake, two exhausting through radiator) Monitor: 3x Dell P2210 on a Steelcase Eyesite triple monitor stand Mouse: Logitech MX Master 3 Keyboard: It changes, but usually Focus FK-9000 Mousepad: Steelseries QcK XL Headphones:  Sennheiser HD598SE and Fiio FH1S

 

 

 

 

i use arch btw

Link to post
Share on other sites

i would go 1000-1200 CAD.

PC specs:

Ryzen 9 3900X overclocked to 4.3-4.4 GHz

Corsair H100i platinum

32 GB Trident Z RGB 3200 MHz 14-14-14-34

RTX 2060

MSI MPG X570 Gaming Edge wifi

NZXT H510

Samsung 860 EVO 500GB

2 TB WD hard drive

Corsair RM 750 Watt

ASUS ROG PG248Q 

Razer Ornata Chroma

Razer Firefly 

Razer Deathadder 2013

Logitech G935 Wireless

Link to post
Share on other sites
25 minutes ago, Eighjan said:

That was... 'helpful' - if you have to demean a system, maybe don't comment at all.

I think you got it all backwards. He was saying the Corsair stuff had extra value....

F@H
Desktop: i7-5960X 4.4GHz, Noctua NH-D14, ASUS Rampage V, 32GB, RTX3080, 2TB NVMe SSD, 2x16TB HDD RAID0, Corsair HX1200, Thermaltake Overseer RX1, Samsung 4K curved 49" TV, 23" secondary

Mobile SFF rig: i9-9900K, Noctua NH-L9i, Asrock Z390 Phantom ITX-AC, 32GB, GTX1070, 2x1TB NVMe SSD RAID0, 2x5TB 2.5" HDD RAID0, Athena 500W Flex (Noctua fan), Custom 4.7l 3D printed case

 

Dell XPS 2 in 1 2019, 32GB, 1TB, 4K

 

GPD Win 2

Link to post
Share on other sites
34 minutes ago, Rhyzen said:

Hello everyone. I built this PC in late 2018. The price I paid back then was £2267 not that it matters. (I feel like that was overpriced now looking back)

 

So with the recent COVID situation, I've been laid off from my job and need money. My brothers friend has asked for a price I would like on my PC and honestly, I have no idea.

With all the new components that have released since, and for good prices, I'm not sure what I could get for my PC anymore. Could you guys please give me a rough price?

 

Here's the build: 

 

  • 1 x Windows 10 Home 64 bit Operating System
  • [CPU] - 1 x Intel i7 8700K 6 Core Coffee Lake CPU
  • [CASE] - 1 x CORSAIR OBSIDIAN 750D AIRFLOW FULL TOWER
  • [AIO CPU COOLER] - 1 x 240mm Corsair H100i V2 AIO LED Water Cooler
  • [PSU] - 1 x 850W - Corsair TX850M 80+ Gold Semi-Modular PSU
  • [RAM] - 1 x 16GB (2x8GB) Corsair Vengeance LPX 3000MHz - Black
  • [MOTHERBOARD] - 1 x ASUS ROG MAXIMUS X HERO - DDR4 ATX Motherboard
  • [GPU] - 1 x ASUS GeForce GTX 1080 Ti ROG Strix OC edition 11GB 
  • [SSD] - 1 x 250GB Samsung 860 EVO 2.5" SATA III SSD
  • [HDD] -1 x 2TB Seagate Barracuda SATA III Hard Drive

 

Thank you to all that reply, I'll be keeping an eye out and replying myself. Cheers :)

This is high-end setup, but also quite old.

I suggest you to upgrade most parts, not sell all the setup. Why?

Because this computer right now is about 2070 Super performance, which gets completely demolished by a 499 dollars 3070.

CPU also gets completely demolished by a 349 dollars 5600X cpu.

AIO, all that stuff is pretty good but most people will be able to get a better PC for the fair price you offer them.

If you try to sell it even cheaper, man. You'll lose a lot. You paid too much for non-future proof and not really important stuff.

I'd sell the 1080 Ti, upgrade it. Sell the CPU, if possible mobo too, u know. Sell and upgrade most parts, but selling these over-paid premium stuff from last gen wasnt already a bang for buck, after all these new generations its even less performing in terms of value/performance. Gamers will look for value/performance mostly, and if you try to price your setup for the performance it gives, you will lose a lot. So yeah, stick with mobo, PSU, case, etc but upgrade CPU, GPU and sell the old ones if possible.

If you cant upgrade to next gen intel, or even 9th gen intel on that mobo, sell your mobo too :/ and get a ryzen setup.

 

NOTE: Thats my honest advice. I'm not claiming all I say is %9999 accurate and I'm not a fortune teller. Suit yourself.

 

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, prod.blxr said:

NOTE: Thats my honest advice. I'm not claiming all I say is %9999 accurate and I'm not a fortune teller. Suit yourself.

Did you read? He doesn't need an upgraded PC, he needs the money for other stuff.

F@H
Desktop: i7-5960X 4.4GHz, Noctua NH-D14, ASUS Rampage V, 32GB, RTX3080, 2TB NVMe SSD, 2x16TB HDD RAID0, Corsair HX1200, Thermaltake Overseer RX1, Samsung 4K curved 49" TV, 23" secondary

Mobile SFF rig: i9-9900K, Noctua NH-L9i, Asrock Z390 Phantom ITX-AC, 32GB, GTX1070, 2x1TB NVMe SSD RAID0, 2x5TB 2.5" HDD RAID0, Athena 500W Flex (Noctua fan), Custom 4.7l 3D printed case

 

Dell XPS 2 in 1 2019, 32GB, 1TB, 4K

 

GPD Win 2

Link to post
Share on other sites

500-800 dollars 

 

 

3 minutes ago, prod.blxr said:

a 499 dollars 3070.

Calling bs on this, unless you have a link where I can buy at that price ... 

 

 

 

5 minutes ago, Kilrah said:

I think you got it all backwards. He was saying the Corsair stuff had extra value

Thats how I understood it too, though I don't agree, it's just extra fluff that I'd have to replace with a non Yolo cooling solution... 

RYZEN 5 3600 | GIGABYTE 3070 VISION OC | 16GB CORSAIR VENGEANCE LPX 3200 DDR4 | MSI B350M MORTAR | 250GB SAMSUNG EVO 860 | 4TB TOSHIBA X 300 | 1TB TOSHIBA SSHD | 120GB KINGSTON SSD | WINDOWS 10 PRO | INWIN 301| BEQUIET PURE POWER 10 500W 80+ SILVER | ASUS 279H | LOGITECH Z906 | DELL KB216T | LOGITECH M185 | SONY DUALSHOCK 4

 

LENOVO IDEAPAD 510 | i5 7200U | 8GB DDR4 | NVIDIA GEFORCE 940MX | 1TB WD | WINDOWS 10 GO HOME 

Link to post
Share on other sites

* thread moved to the New Builds & Planning section *

 

section subtitle ; Build Planning Help, Appraisals, Tips and Tricks

If you need help with your forum account, please use the Forum Support form !

 

VPN server guide

Introduction to Mechanical Keyboard

Spoiler

My Gaming Rig - Motherboard: MSI Z370-A PRO CPU: i7-8700 RAM: 32GB DDR4 2400(4x8GB) GPU: Gigabyte GTX 1060 3GB OS SSD: 240GB Avexir E100 Storage: 2x 1TB Seagate PSU: Seasonic G650 OS: Windows 10 Pro 64bits Monitor: Acer 21in G205H + Lenovo 21in

 

Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, prod.blxr said:

I suggest you to upgrade most parts, not sell all the setup. Why?

 

did you read?
 

 

45 minutes ago, Rhyzen said:

So with the recent COVID situation, I've been laid off from my job and need money.

 

I am still TechWizardThatNeedsHelp, just less of a mouthfull.

ALWAYS REMEMBER: FULL SPECS IN A TROUBLESHOOTING QUESTION AND TO NOT BE A DICK IF SOMEONE CANT FIGURE OUT THE ISSUE

My beautiful, but not that powerful, main PC:

prior build:

Spoiler

 

 

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Kilrah said:

Did you read? He doesn't need an upgraded PC, he needs the money for other stuff.

Then he will lose a lot :/ as a gamer myself would never ever buy a system like that for even half the price the dude paid for it.

Link to post
Share on other sites
44 minutes ago, boggy77 said:

 

 

you can build a system with a new 5600x and a new 3070 for £1250

Yeah theoretically, if you find them at or close to MSRP, which is highly unlikely for the foreseeable future, especially on the GPU side. 

 

At the moment a 3070 seems to be about 700-1000 dollars, IF you can find one... 

 

 

RYZEN 5 3600 | GIGABYTE 3070 VISION OC | 16GB CORSAIR VENGEANCE LPX 3200 DDR4 | MSI B350M MORTAR | 250GB SAMSUNG EVO 860 | 4TB TOSHIBA X 300 | 1TB TOSHIBA SSHD | 120GB KINGSTON SSD | WINDOWS 10 PRO | INWIN 301| BEQUIET PURE POWER 10 500W 80+ SILVER | ASUS 279H | LOGITECH Z906 | DELL KB216T | LOGITECH M185 | SONY DUALSHOCK 4

 

LENOVO IDEAPAD 510 | i5 7200U | 8GB DDR4 | NVIDIA GEFORCE 940MX | 1TB WD | WINDOWS 10 GO HOME 

Link to post
Share on other sites

I appreciate the reply guys, seems i'm looking at roughly 800 then. Big shame but that's life haha! I'll speak to the potential buyer and see if its something he would like to pay.

Thank you again! 

Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

×