Question? - How much would this system sell for?

Hello everyone. I built this PC in late 2018. The price I paid back then was £2267 not that it matters. (I feel like that was overpriced now looking back)

So with the recent COVID situation, I've been laid off from my job and need money. My brothers friend has asked for a price I would like on my PC and honestly, I have no idea.

With all the new components that have released since, and for good prices, I'm not sure what I could get for my PC anymore. Could you guys please give me a rough price?

Here's the build: 

• 1 x Windows 10 Home 64 bit Operating System
  • [CPU] - 1 x Intel i7 8700K 6 Core Coffee Lake CPU
  • [CASE] - 1 x CORSAIR OBSIDIAN 750D AIRFLOW FULL TOWER
  • [AIO CPU COOLER] - 1 x 240mm Corsair H100i V2 AIO LED Water Cooler
  • [PSU] - 1 x 850W - Corsair TX850M 80+ Gold Semi-Modular PSU
  • [RAM] - 1 x 16GB (2x8GB) Corsair Vengeance LPX 3000MHz - Black
  • [MOTHERBOARD] - 1 x ASUS ROG MAXIMUS X HERO - DDR4 ATX Motherboard
  • [GPU] - 1 x ASUS GeForce GTX 1080 Ti ROG Strix OC edition 11GB 
  • [SSD] - 1 x 250GB Samsung 860 EVO 2.5" SATA III SSD
  • [HDD] -1 x 2TB Seagate Barracuda SATA III Hard Drive

Thank you to all that reply, I'll be keeping an eye out and replying myself. Cheers :)

1250 maybe. 

I could use some help with this!

please, pm me if you would like to contribute to my gpu bios database (includes overclocking bios, stock bios, and upgrades to gpus via modding)

Bios database

My beautiful, but not that powerful, main PC:

prior build:

Spoiler

i'd probably pay around £800 for this.

2 minutes ago, HelpfulTechWizard said:

1250 maybe.

you can build a system with a new 5600x and a new 3070 for £1250

1 minute ago, boggy77 said:

i'd probably pay around £800 for this.

yeah, but this has corsair shit, which wouldnt be in the 5600x build, and it also comes with windows 10.

please, pm me if you would like to contribute to my gpu bios database (includes overclocking bios, stock bios, and upgrades to gpus via modding)

Bios database

prior build:

Spoiler

1 minute ago, HelpfulTechWizard said:

yeah, but this has corsair shit, which wouldnt be in the 5600x build, and it also comes with windows 10.

That was... 'helpful' - if you have to demean a system, maybe don't comment at all.

I frequently edit any posts you may quote; please check for anything I 'may' have added.

Did you test boot it, before you built in into the case?

WHY NOT...?!

Just now, Eighjan said:

That was... 'helpful' - if you have to demean a system, maybe don't comment at all.

Cosair is high quality, though a bit expensive, if anything that would demean the ryzen one. This has a 160$ aio, you would probably be stuck with the stock cooler for the ryzen one. The ryzen one would not have a high end motherboard, this comes with a Maximus model. I was just pointing out the cosair parts, with some more...... coarse language.

Bios database

prior build:

Spoiler

800-900 USD.

Quote me to see my reply!

SPECS:

CPU: Ryzen 7 3700X Motherboard: MSI B450-A Pro Max RAM: 32GB I forget GPU: MSI Vega 56 Storage: 256GB NVMe boot, 512GB Samsung 850 Pro, 1TB WD Blue SSD, 1TB WD Blue HDD PSU: Inwin P85 850w Case: Fractal Design Define C Cooling: Stock for CPU, be quiet! case fans, Morpheus Vega w/ be quiet! Pure Wings 2 for GPU Monitor: 3x Thinkvision P24Q on a Steelcase Eyesite triple monitor stand Mouse: Logitech MX Master 3 Keyboard: Focus FK-9000 (heavily modded) Mousepad: Aliexpress cat special Headphones:  Sennheiser HD598SE and Sony Linkbuds

🏳️‍🌈

i would go 1000-1200 CAD.

PC specs:

Ryzen 9 3900X overclocked to 4.3-4.4 GHz

Corsair H100i platinum

32 GB Trident Z RGB 3200 MHz 14-14-14-34

RTX 2060

MSI MPG X570 Gaming Edge wifi

NZXT H510

Samsung 860 EVO 500GB

2 TB WD hard drive

Corsair RM 750 Watt

ASUS ROG PG248Q 

Razer Ornata Chroma

Razer Firefly 

Razer Deathadder 2013

Logitech G935 Wireless

25 minutes ago, Eighjan said:

I think you got it all backwards. He was saying the Corsair stuff had extra value....

F@H
Desktop: i9-13900K, ASUS Z790-E, 64GB DDR5-6000 CL36, RTX3080, 2TB MP600 Pro XT, 2TB SX8200Pro, 2x16TB Ironwolf RAID0, Corsair HX1200, Antec Vortex 360 AIO, Thermaltake Versa H25 TG, Samsung 4K curved 49" TV, 23" secondary, Mountain Everest Max

Mobile SFF rig: i9-9900K, Noctua NH-L9i, Asrock Z390 Phantom ITX-AC, 32GB, GTX1070, 2x1TB SX8200Pro RAID0, 2x5TB 2.5" HDD RAID0, Athena 500W Flex (Noctua fan), Custom 4.7l 3D printed case

Asus Zenbook UM325UA, Ryzen 7 5700u, 16GB, 1TB, OLED

GPD Win 2

34 minutes ago, Rhyzen said:

Hello everyone. I built this PC in late 2018. The price I paid back then was £2267 not that it matters. (I feel like that was overpriced now looking back)

So with the recent COVID situation, I've been laid off from my job and need money. My brothers friend has asked for a price I would like on my PC and honestly, I have no idea.

With all the new components that have released since, and for good prices, I'm not sure what I could get for my PC anymore. Could you guys please give me a rough price?

Here's the build: 

• 1 x Windows 10 Home 64 bit Operating System
  • [CPU] - 1 x Intel i7 8700K 6 Core Coffee Lake CPU
  • [CASE] - 1 x CORSAIR OBSIDIAN 750D AIRFLOW FULL TOWER
  • [AIO CPU COOLER] - 1 x 240mm Corsair H100i V2 AIO LED Water Cooler
  • [PSU] - 1 x 850W - Corsair TX850M 80+ Gold Semi-Modular PSU
  • [RAM] - 1 x 16GB (2x8GB) Corsair Vengeance LPX 3000MHz - Black
  • [MOTHERBOARD] - 1 x ASUS ROG MAXIMUS X HERO - DDR4 ATX Motherboard
  • [GPU] - 1 x ASUS GeForce GTX 1080 Ti ROG Strix OC edition 11GB 
  • [SSD] - 1 x 250GB Samsung 860 EVO 2.5" SATA III SSD
  • [HDD] -1 x 2TB Seagate Barracuda SATA III Hard Drive

Thank you to all that reply, I'll be keeping an eye out and replying myself. Cheers :)

This is high-end setup, but also quite old.

I suggest you to upgrade most parts, not sell all the setup. Why?

Because this computer right now is about 2070 Super performance, which gets completely demolished by a 499 dollars 3070.

CPU also gets completely demolished by a 349 dollars 5600X cpu.

AIO, all that stuff is pretty good but most people will be able to get a better PC for the fair price you offer them.

If you try to sell it even cheaper, man. You'll lose a lot. You paid too much for non-future proof and not really important stuff.

I'd sell the 1080 Ti, upgrade it. Sell the CPU, if possible mobo too, u know. Sell and upgrade most parts, but selling these over-paid premium stuff from last gen wasnt already a bang for buck, after all these new generations its even less performing in terms of value/performance. Gamers will look for value/performance mostly, and if you try to price your setup for the performance it gives, you will lose a lot. So yeah, stick with mobo, PSU, case, etc but upgrade CPU, GPU and sell the old ones if possible.

If you cant upgrade to next gen intel, or even 9th gen intel on that mobo, sell your mobo too :/ and get a ryzen setup.

NOTE: Thats my honest advice. I'm not claiming all I say is %9999 accurate and I'm not a fortune teller. Suit yourself.

1 minute ago, prod.blxr said:

NOTE: Thats my honest advice. I'm not claiming all I say is %9999 accurate and I'm not a fortune teller. Suit yourself.

Did you read? He doesn't need an upgraded PC, he needs the money for other stuff.

F@H
Desktop: i9-13900K, ASUS Z790-E, 64GB DDR5-6000 CL36, RTX3080, 2TB MP600 Pro XT, 2TB SX8200Pro, 2x16TB Ironwolf RAID0, Corsair HX1200, Antec Vortex 360 AIO, Thermaltake Versa H25 TG, Samsung 4K curved 49" TV, 23" secondary, Mountain Everest Max

Mobile SFF rig: i9-9900K, Noctua NH-L9i, Asrock Z390 Phantom ITX-AC, 32GB, GTX1070, 2x1TB SX8200Pro RAID0, 2x5TB 2.5" HDD RAID0, Athena 500W Flex (Noctua fan), Custom 4.7l 3D printed case

Asus Zenbook UM325UA, Ryzen 7 5700u, 16GB, 1TB, OLED

GPD Win 2

500-800 dollars 

3 minutes ago, prod.blxr said:

a 499 dollars 3070.

Calling bs on this, unless you have a link where I can buy at that price ... 

5 minutes ago, Kilrah said:

I think you got it all backwards. He was saying the Corsair stuff had extra value

Thats how I understood it too, though I don't agree, it's just extra fluff that I'd have to replace with a non Yolo cooling solution... 

The direction tells you... the direction

-Scott Manley, 2021

Softwares used:

Corsair Link (Anime Edition) 

MSI Afterburner 

OpenRGB

Lively Wallpaper 

OBS Studio

Shutter Encoder

Avidemux

FSResizer

Audacity 

VLC

WMP

GIMP

HWiNFO64

Paint

3D Paint

GitHub Desktop 

Superposition 

Prime95

Aida64

GPUZ

CPUZ

Generic Logviewer

* thread moved to the New Builds & Planning section *

section subtitle ; Build Planning Help, Appraisals, Tips and Tricks

If you need help with your forum account, please use the Forum Support form !

2 minutes ago, prod.blxr said:

I suggest you to upgrade most parts, not sell all the setup. Why?

did you read?

45 minutes ago, Rhyzen said:

So with the recent COVID situation, I've been laid off from my job and need money.

Bios database

prior build:

Spoiler

1 minute ago, Kilrah said:

Did you read? He doesn't need an upgraded PC, he needs the money for other stuff.

Then he will lose a lot :/ as a gamer myself would never ever buy a system like that for even half the price the dude paid for it.

44 minutes ago, boggy77 said:

Yeah theoretically, if you find them at or close to MSRP, which is highly unlikely for the foreseeable future, especially on the GPU side. 

At the moment a 3070 seems to be about 700-1000 dollars, IF you can find one... 

The direction tells you... the direction

-Scott Manley, 2021

Softwares used:

Corsair Link (Anime Edition) 

MSI Afterburner 

OpenRGB

Lively Wallpaper 

OBS Studio

Shutter Encoder

Avidemux

FSResizer

Audacity 

VLC

WMP

GIMP

HWiNFO64

Paint

3D Paint

GitHub Desktop 

Superposition 

Prime95

Aida64

GPUZ

CPUZ

Generic Logviewer

I appreciate the reply guys, seems i'm looking at roughly 800 then. Big shame but that's life haha! I'll speak to the potential buyer and see if its something he would like to pay.

Thank you again!