Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Recommend me game(s)

Recently I'm in a crisis regarding video games. I don't know what to play. All my current games are with flows and I lost interest in them. I need a recommendation what game to play. Here are my preferences:

First of all, I'm looking for the online game. Single player games don't interest me. I love shooter games, but I don't mind melee battle game. I do pay attention to graphics, so games with outdated graphics or cartoonish style clearly don't interest me and I want the game to has leveling/ranking system and abilities.

Now, I'll mention the games I played and why I lost interest in them:

• Warframe - This isn't usually the style of games I play, but it took my attention and I was playing it for the very long time. I have played it more than 3000 hours. However, lately I was getting bored of it, because all you do there is farming, farming and constant, never-ending farming which takes a lot of time and game became so complex with so many events, this and that that I physically didn't have enough time anymore for it, so I abandoned it. This game needs a lot of time and I started working and didn't have that much time for it. Plus killing bots all the same was getting boring.
  • Destiny 2 - I tried this game few days ago. It reminds me that Warframe. Same style, which usually isn't my style, but still gave it a chance. Played it a bit, but it also seems very complex and it didn't get my interest, so I uninstalled it.
  • For Honor - I was looking for this game very much before it got released. I had high hopes for it. But it's not what I wanted. It's unbalanced, messy, aggravating. Main problem with it is that it has leveling and ranking system what I'm looking for, but they are useless. You get legendary stuff, activate perks, abilities this and that, but they are useless and the guy who has 50 level with legendary gear can still suck and die against some new 1 level player. This is a huge disappointment for me about this game and this is the reason why I stopped playing it.
  • Rainbow Six Siege - This is my perfect style game. I love special forces, guns, tactical gear. So, I tried this game and played actually 504 hours. Unfortunately it's still not the game I wanted. Character's customizing is very minimized. PVE is almost non-existing and discouraged. Initially it was called "Terrorist Hunt", but now I see they even changed it's name into "Training Grounds". So, I tried PVP, but main problem with it is that it's very slow with very small action. You spend more time in preparing, waiting and spectating than in usual combat and once you're dead, you need to spectate others unless round ends and rounds are much longer than in CS GO. Game also has very minimized leveling system which is actually you're level system and nothing much, nothing related to character, guns or abilities. So, I stopped playing this game too.
  • Counter Strike Global Offensive - Actually I like this one, better than Rainbow. I like competitive mode only. The downside it you don't have zoom weapons with right click mouse, only few weapons. Graphics are okay and tolerable. There is no perk system, which is understandable because of the genre of game and it's mainly PVP. Character customization doesn't exist sadly. So, it's still not the game I'm looking for.
  • Warface - This was actually interesting game for me. It has ranking system, no perk abilities, but it's understandable because of genre. Problem with this game is that it's P2W game. Weapons need repair that costs game currency. Game is also horribly region locked. It automatically put me on a Russian version where I can play only with Russians and Russian servers and it didn't even allow me to have my nickname in English, so I have my nickname only consisting from digits and I have to play this game in a language I don't speak. By the way "For Honor" had the same problem for me, but at least there I was able to set game voice in English and was able to play on any servers. Another problem with Warface is playerbase isn't great and sometimes you have to wait minutes before game finds other players.
  • Gwent - At first, I loved this game very much, but my relationship with it ended up with hating it. I don't know why but it aggravates me very much. There are only 2 games that aggravated me so much that I wanted to break the keyboard and Gwent was one of them (another one was "For Honor"). Losing in Gwent frustrated me very much and I was losing a lot. There were lots of matches where I start and it was already clear that I couldn't win so I was forfeiting and it's very annoying. It was leaving me angry, so I decided to quit this game and told myself that this game didn't worth my peace of mind.
  • Killing Floor 2 - This is probably my favorite game & the best one for me compared to others. You can shoot or even play melee. You have leveling system, you have perks, you have monsters. Hell, this game has everything I needed. The only problem is that, I did everything in this game. I unlocked all steam achievements, I reached the last level and I don't know what else to do there. Plus, leveling system is small. I really wish they would add more levels and maybe even more perks, because I maxed everything there and now nothing to do.
  • The Division - This was another game that I had high hopes. I paid most money on this one, bought the gold edition when they released it. At first it looked very interesting. Virus, post apocalyptic environment, great graphics, big open world... I loved it, but later I realized that it's boring. You play same missions over and over and that's it. Yes, it has perks and some leveling, but it doesn't help the game. So, I quit it too.
  • Battlefield 3 - Great game, nice graphics even for today, but game doesn't have neither character customization, neither leveling system. So, I dropped playing it.
  • Left 2 dead 2 - Nice zombie game. I liked the places. Sadly again, no character customization, no leveling system.
  • GTA 5 - Not my style, not interested.

I don't know know what else to play. Right now I feel very bored. None of those game attract me as much as they used to.  Any other recommendations?

CPU: i7 3770k 3.9GHz | COOLER: Arctic Freezer 34 eSports | GPU: GIGABYTE GTX 1070 G1 Gaming 8GB | MOTHERBOARD: MSI Z77A-G45 GAMING | RAM: G.Skill Trident X 16GB | STORAGE: Crucial M550 SSD 120GB + 2TB HDD + 4TB HDD +4TB HDD | CASE: Cooler Master HAF 912 Plus | PSU: XFX PRO1050W Black Edition (80+ Gold) | KEYBOARD: Corsair Vengeance K70 | MOUSE: Logitech G502 | MOUSEPAD: Marvo MG010 | MONITOR: Philips 298P4 29" UltraWide | SPEAKERS: Microlab Solo7C | HEADSET: Trust GXT 410 Rune Illuminated | OS: WIndows 10 64bit

if you are into singleplayer games:

Doom Eternal (absolutely loved it)

Why: The game after like 10 minutes gets that really smooth "Doom" experience. all you do is blow the brains out of demons. Also the ending is supa dupa cool at worth getting to. Very hard sometimes. game looks great and sounds fantastic.

If you are more into multiplayer games:

Rising Storm 2

Why: This is a pretty good game. While finding a non full and non zombie server can be a bit of a hassle sometimes, overall the game is great. but you do really need a specific mindset to play the game.

Apex Legends

Why: Once you start playing the game more with friends or by yourself, you can really feel the movement and its just overall a great game.

Insurgency (never played Sandstorm)

Why: game might not look great but overall its almost like a hardcore realistic version of counter strike.

PC specs:

Ryzen 9 3900X overclocked to 4.3-4.4 GHz

Corsair H100i platinum

32 GB Trident Z RGB 3200 MHz 14-14-14-34

RTX 2060

MSI MPG X570 Gaming Edge wifi

NZXT H510

Samsung 860 EVO 500GB

2 TB WD hard drive

Corsair RM 750 Watt

ASUS ROG PG248Q 

Razer Ornata Chroma

Razer Firefly 

Razer Deathadder 2013

Logitech G935 Wireless

Minecraft, there are levels, the higher level you are the better enchantment you get, so the levelling has a point, pve is verrrrrryyyyyyyy encouraged, since there are tons of mobs, monsters that attack you, you get thanked for your power and how advanced you are by building a beacon to get effects that aid you, pvp is there and that community is huge. It has melee, swords axes, and long range, bows crossbows, and there are also a ton of mods if you are interested, but the blocky theme might not suit you, that is the only flaw in your criteria

"I know a lot about a little, but a little about a lot"

Note that I am a student so what I say is based on what I read, and may not be the case for everyone.

I am not the best technician, so don't make fun

Call of duty?

I play overwatch a lot, you level up the account and once you get to lvl 25 you can grind competitive to try pace as high as you can in the season.

Borderlands 2 is fun especially if you have friends to play it with

Dirty Windows Peasants :P ?

If you can stand very hardcore multiplayer FPS games then Escape From Tarkov is the game for you. The character custimization is ridiculous and the weapon customization is even better when you get past level 10. 

On 11/24/2020 at 8:03 PM, PurplDrank said:

If you can stand very hardcore multiplayer FPS games then Escape From Tarkov is the game for you. The character custimization is ridiculous and the weapon customization is even better when you get past level 10. 

I just checked it's website and registered, but I don't see download button. It's not released yet?

CPU: i7 3770k 3.9GHz | COOLER: Arctic Freezer 34 eSports | GPU: GIGABYTE GTX 1070 G1 Gaming 8GB | MOTHERBOARD: MSI Z77A-G45 GAMING | RAM: G.Skill Trident X 16GB | STORAGE: Crucial M550 SSD 120GB + 2TB HDD + 4TB HDD +4TB HDD | CASE: Cooler Master HAF 912 Plus | PSU: XFX PRO1050W Black Edition (80+ Gold) | KEYBOARD: Corsair Vengeance K70 | MOUSE: Logitech G502 | MOUSEPAD: Marvo MG010 | MONITOR: Philips 298P4 29" UltraWide | SPEAKERS: Microlab Solo7C | HEADSET: Trust GXT 410 Rune Illuminated | OS: WIndows 10 64bit
8 hours ago, Dean0919 said:

I just checked it's website and registered, but I don't see download button. It's not released yet?

Yes there should be a download button in your account. If you havent purchased it already it is having a black friday sale.