Jump to content
Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

advice from some veteran builders..

hello everyone, just wanted to know yall thoughts.

I am planning on buying a new gpu, probably on december

I am planning on buying a 1660 super

should I go for it? 
or
should I wait for RTX 3050ti/3060?

I live in a country where RTX 3070 goes up to 700$ and 3080 goes to 1000$ so prices are inflated unlike in the US..

 

my budget is only 200-250$

Link to post
Share on other sites

you better wait for 3050ti or 3060

trust me

it worth it

1 minute ago, AllaboutBudget said:

hello everyone, just wanted to know yall thoughts.

I am planning on buying a new gpu, probably on december

I am planning on buying a 1660 super

should I go for it? 
or
should I wait for RTX 3050ti/3060?

I live in a country where RTX 3070 goes up to 700$ and 3080 goes to 1000$ so prices are inflated unlike in the US..

 

my budget is only 200-250$

 

Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, AllaboutBudget said:

what are your estimations for the price of the upcoming low end RTX cards?

I think they will range from 200-350 USD but who know really we won't know until Nvidia confirms release date and pricing. Right now its a pure speculation 

Link to post
Share on other sites
27 minutes ago, AllaboutBudget said:

I live in a country where RTX 3070 goes up to 700$ - snip- so prices are inflated unlike in the US..

You don't say! 

 

355907515_Screenshot_20201123-114506_SamsungInternetBeta.thumb.jpg.6cf5e1c1aa3b7dd88a7e7e19ccf85741.jpg

 

(this is Amazon US btw...) 

 

 

That said I would wait, and generally availability should be a bigger concern to you than non binding MSRP prices that aren't met anywhere... 

RYZEN 5 3600 | GIGABYTE 3070 VISION OC | 16GB CORSAIR VENGEANCE LPX 3200 DDR4 | MSI B350M MORTAR | 250GB SAMSUNG EVO 860 | 4TB TOSHIBA X 300 | 1TB TOSHIBA SSHD | 120GB KINGSTON SSD | WINDOWS 10 PRO | INWIN 301| BEQUIET PURE POWER 10 500W 80+ SILVER | ASUS 279H | LOGITECH Z906 | DELL KB216T | LOGITECH M185 | SONY DUALSHOCK 4

 

LENOVO IDEAPAD 510 | i5 7200U | 8GB DDR4 | NVIDIA GEFORCE 940MX | 1TB WD | WINDOWS 10 GO HOME 

Link to post
Share on other sites

it will take a long time for the cards to get down in price, the 1660 is just extremely slow, a used 2070 or an older 1080/1080ti might be a better solution

Link to post
Share on other sites
16 minutes ago, Mark Kaine said:

You don't say! 

 

355907515_Screenshot_20201123-114506_SamsungInternetBeta.thumb.jpg.6cf5e1c1aa3b7dd88a7e7e19ccf85741.jpg

 

(this is Amazon US btw...) 

 

 

That said I would wait, and generally availability should be a bigger concern to you than non binding MSRP prices that aren't met anywhere... 

man oh man. how come prices are like this? 

Link to post
Share on other sites
12 minutes ago, RasmusDC said:

it will take a long time for the cards to get down in price, the 1660 is just extremely slow, a used 2070 or an older 1080/1080ti might be a better solution

after my rx 570 failed after less than a year that I have bought used with all my savings as a student, I would not buy used again. can't have peace of mind not having any warranty :(

Link to post
Share on other sites
7 minutes ago, AllaboutBudget said:

man oh man. how come prices are like this

Basic demand and supply. 

 

Happens when a manufacturer of highly popular items does a "paper launch" ie never planned to have enough supply to meet the demand. 

 

As for *why* they do this is up for speculation... 

 

Though a few reasons seem obvious

- "launch" before AMD

- free advertising due to high prices / low availability (basically everybody wants one and it's a main point of conversation) 

 

They're losing nothing by doing this, supply will ramp up at a later (planned) point, it's already known they will switch to another chip manufacturer that can produce a lot more chips (TSMC) at a later point (next year) 

 

 

RYZEN 5 3600 | GIGABYTE 3070 VISION OC | 16GB CORSAIR VENGEANCE LPX 3200 DDR4 | MSI B350M MORTAR | 250GB SAMSUNG EVO 860 | 4TB TOSHIBA X 300 | 1TB TOSHIBA SSHD | 120GB KINGSTON SSD | WINDOWS 10 PRO | INWIN 301| BEQUIET PURE POWER 10 500W 80+ SILVER | ASUS 279H | LOGITECH Z906 | DELL KB216T | LOGITECH M185 | SONY DUALSHOCK 4

 

LENOVO IDEAPAD 510 | i5 7200U | 8GB DDR4 | NVIDIA GEFORCE 940MX | 1TB WD | WINDOWS 10 GO HOME 

Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

×