Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Connecting analogue CCTV camera to raspberry pi

Hi 

I currently have 8 analogue CCTV cameras that connect to a hikvision DVR. I want to remove this DVR from the equation. 1 for security purposes, 2 to apply machine learning smart intrusion detection and better way to acces the streams and view streams. I have a spare raspberry pi and thought that I could use this as a DVR. The cameras use BNC connectors. All tutorials on the internet so far have only showed people using the raspberry pi as the camera. I was wondering is it possible to connect the analogue BNC cameras to the raspberry pi via some sort of capture device

The cameras are as follows:

https://m.takealot.com/hikvision-1080p-2mp-turbo-hd-ir-bullet-camera/PLID49115293

Thank you in advance

2 minutes ago, ajojotank said:

I was wondering is it possible to connect the analogue BNC cameras to the raspberry pi via some sort of capture device

Yes, you need to buy a capture-device, like e.g. search on eBay for "usb cctv capture" and you'll get multiple options to choose from.

Hand, n. A singular instrument worn at the end of the human arm and commonly thrust into somebody’s pocket.

Cameras -> dvr -> usb capture -> rpi.

I don't think rpi can handle 8 usb capture stream at the same time.

You can make use the dvr as a hub and send the monitor output to be recorded to the RPI via 1 usb capture card.

Ryzen 2600x @ 4.2ghz all cores | Asrock B450M Steel Legend | Radeon RX580 | 4x Samsung 8gb d-die 2133 @ 3200mhz | 500gb Samsung PM981a | 5 TB HDD | Hyper 212 classic w/ 2 delta 4000rpm push pull | Antec Neo Eco Zen 500w