Please Help, No Network Adapter After Installing OS

Yoshi Moshi

MOBO: Asus ROG Strix X570 E Gaming

CPU: AMD 3900X

Background: My computer was working fine, but then I had to remove my m.2 SSD. In the process I damaged one of the m.2 sockets on my MOBO. So I plugged the M.2 into the second socket. My computer wouldn't recognize it despite multiple tries. I gave up and concluded either the m.2 itself was damaged or the second socket was also damaged. So I went and bought a copy of Windows 10 Home and installed it onto a SATA SSD.

Problem: It appears to be an older version of Windows 10 I don't recognize. It acts as if I don't have a network adapter.

1606058877078660131394693016367.thumb.jpg.d4e785396faaa0c5bfd1b44a2138d57f.jpg

It keeps on telling me to plug in an ethernet cable, but I have Wi-Fi only were I live. It's as if I don't have the option to turn on Wi-Fi.

16060589705215384698907833168058.thumb.jpg.2a280bdf959237f6c347fad6651c238c.jpg

Note that my Wi-Fi was working fine when I was booting from my m.2 drive.

Can anyone help me turn on Wi-Fi please. I don't seem to have the option.

You need to download the drivers for it, go to the manufacturer's website and download them from another computer onto a USB and transfer them.

Thanks for the help! What website would that be? Sorry I haven't done this before.

1 minute ago, Yoshi Moshi said:

Thanks for the help! What website would that be? Sorry I haven't done this before.

For ethernet it would be Asus's webpage for your motherboard, then under support.

Deleted - wrong thread

____________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

____________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

pythonmegapixel

into tech, public transport and architecture // amateur programmer // youtuber // beginner photographer

Thanks for reading all this by the way!

By the way, my desktop is a docked laptop. Get over it, No seriously, I have an exterrnal monitor, keyboard, mouse, headset, ethernet and cooling fans all connected. Using it feels no different to a desktop, it works for several hours if the power goes out, and disconnecting just a few cables gives me something I can take on the go. There's enough power for all games I play and it even copes with basic (and some not-so-basic) video editing. Give it a go - you might just love it.

49 minutes ago, Yoshi Moshi said:

Right here.

https://rog.asus.com/no/motherboards/rog-strix/rog-strix-x570-e-gaming-model/helpdesk_download/

Just choose your OS and download Audio (if you use onboard), LAN, Wireless, chipset and bluetooth drivers if you want that functionality.