Quietest mechanical or good membrane keyboard?

BigLarry

I will be living with some coworkers for 6 months - 1 year and I game a lot at night. My current keyboard (HyperX Alloy with MX Blue) is really just too noisy. Wooden table and steel frame probably amplifies the clicks a lot.

So I'm looking for:

• a quiet mechanical or good membrane keyboard
  • tenkeyless, 60% or any compact form factor really
  • 150-200 € (170-240$) budget

I've tried a Razer Cynosa membrane but besides from the buggy software it's just waaay too mushy.

Logitech G915 TKL seems ok if you choose the tactile browns or linear reds, it is a wireless low profile keyboard. It's expensive but with your budget.

I'll try and keep searching for better options.

Just now, FoldingToFightAnyDiseases said:

Logitech G915 TKL seems ok if you choose the tactile browns or linear reds, it is a wireless low profile keyboard. It's expensive but with your budget.

I'll try and keep searching for better options.

By any means they are not the quietest, but the click low profile switches are relatively quiet for clicky switches. 

In fact lets just say that most linear or tactile keyboards are quieter than blues anyways.

Dont forget,even the quiet keyboards you find,you can put the rubber ring around key caps to make it even more quiet.

My buddy has a razer black widow with green switches,and that shit is loud.He bought pack of those rubber things for couple of euros on amazon,and it made a lot of difference

1 minute ago, AzzaNezz said:

Dont forget,even the quiet keyboards you find,you can put the rubber ring around key caps to make it even more quiet.

My buddy has a razer black widow with green switches,and that shit is loud.He bought pack of those rubber things for couple of euros on amazon,and it made a lot of difference

Yes O-Rings do dampen noises from the keyboard. Just added under the keycaps. Thicker O-Rings will dampen the noises more but will add more mushy-ness and vice versa.

3 minutes ago, FoldingToFightAnyDiseases said:

Yes O-Rings do dampen noises from the keyboard. Just added under the keycaps. Thicker O-Rings will dampen the noises more but will add more mushy-ness and vice versa.

I know only about sound.Havent tryed feel wise,wanted to buy it for my self,and then said F it and just bought chiclet keyboard,since sound was my main priority,and honestly i am regretting not buying these kind of keyboards sooner

3 hours ago, BigLarry said:

I will be living with some coworkers for 6 months - 1 year and I game a lot at night. My current keyboard (HyperX Alloy with MX Blue) is really just too noisy. Wooden table and steel frame probably amplifies the clicks a lot.

So I'm looking for:

• a quiet mechanical or good membrane keyboard
  • tenkeyless, 60% or any compact form factor really
  • 150-200 € (170-240$) budget

I've tried a Razer Cynosa membrane but besides from the buggy software it's just waaay too mushy.

First of all, where are you from? 

Big boi caveiat: Im not a native English user, i can totally bottled up the meaning of the words
A kid with a dream
thank you :D 

For quiet keyboard try to find something with silent switches.  The mx cherry silent or silent black are the easiest to find in a prebuilt board like ducky one 2 mini or durgod taurus k320. 

If you want tactile silent switches I would suggest a gmmk with kailh silent box brown switches (the pink are the linear version). 

I9 10850K

EVGA RTX 3080 TI FTW3 ULTRA

32 Gb Crucial Balistix ddr4 3600mHz 16-18-18-38

MSI Z490 Tomahawk

Fractal Design Ion+ 860W platinum

Arctic Liquid Freezer II, 360mm

WB Black SN750 NVMe ssd

TeamGroup L5 3D Lite 1 Tb sata SSD