A question about rgb fans.

Ninabird
Go to solution Solved by xdeathshot20,
On 11/21/2020 at 11:23 PM, Ninabird said:

Okay cool. Does the commander pro allow me to set the speeds and rpm and all that stuff in the bios for each fan?

yes it does.  here is what it looks like in icue.

Capture icue.PNG

Hello, as I understand it a pwm fan with rgb comes with two cables one to power the fan and one to control the lighting. Is this right? If so, can you point me to the correct splitter for both of these connections? I'm interested in the Corsair QL 120 fans, I don't think I want to use the fan controller hub so I figured the splitters were the best way to go I just don't know what to look for and how many I need. I plan for a future build to put 3 fans on the aio, 2 fans at the front of the case and one the rear.

Thanks for reading. I would appreciate a reply.

all rgb fans are different.  I believe with corsair fans they have two cables as you said one for speed and one for rgb.  In theory depending on how many headers your motherboard has will determine the amount of splitters required.  I also generally say if you are going with corsair, just grab a commander pro as that will make your life easier

Current Rig=  AMD Ryzen 9 5900x, Asus Crosshair Hero VIII, EVGA RTX 3070 FTW3 ultra, 32gb Corsair Vengence Pro RGB 3000hz White, EVGA 750 P2 PSU, 1TB Samsung 980 Pro, 500gb samsung 860 evo, 250GB Samsung 850 evo, 2TB Samsung 970 Evo Plus, 2TB seagate firecuda sshd,  LianLi PC 011 Dynamic XL ROG edition, Corsair h150i elite capelix

9 minutes ago, xdeathshot20 said:

all rgb fans are different.  I believe with corsair fans they have two cables as you said one for speed and one for rgb.  In theory depending on how many headers your motherboard has will determine the amount of splitters required.  I also generally say if you are going with corsair, just grab a commander pro as that will make your life easier

Okay cool. Does the commander pro allow me to set the speeds and rpm and all that stuff in the bios for each fan?

On 11/21/2020 at 11:23 PM, Ninabird said:

Capture icue.PNG

Current Rig=  AMD Ryzen 9 5900x, Asus Crosshair Hero VIII, EVGA RTX 3070 FTW3 ultra, 32gb Corsair Vengence Pro RGB 3000hz White, EVGA 750 P2 PSU, 1TB Samsung 980 Pro, 500gb samsung 860 evo, 250GB Samsung 850 evo, 2TB Samsung 970 Evo Plus, 2TB seagate firecuda sshd,  LianLi PC 011 Dynamic XL ROG edition, Corsair h150i elite capelix

• 4 weeks later...
On 11/23/2020 at 10:03 PM, xdeathshot20 said:

Capture icue.PNG

Sweet thanks