Anything like this for Socket FCLGA2011?

Radium_Angel

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B07G9MKVKF/ref=as_li_tl?ie=UTF8&camp=1789&creative=9325&creativeASIN=B07G9MKVKF&linkCode=as2&tag=greenpcgamers-20&linkId=2278d7d869b45da3c59bb1449b984aae

Title says it all actually.

Of course the part I listed is OOS (naturally) so anything that is like that for a Xeon X5-2643 v2 would be awesome.

The part listed is for a Precision T7810, which is socket FCLGA2011-3 (I am unsure if those two sockets are mounting compatible, hence my questions)

NOTE: I no longer frequent this site. If you really need help, PM/DM me and my e.mail will alert me. 

This is the 2011 socket.  I'm looking for the socket style for the Precision Workstation T7910

EDIT:Yup, looks like it will be compatible.  So at least you have that part of the question answered.

gbtx79ud5_2011dim.jpg

Edited by shoutingsteve
More info

It must be true, I read it on the internet...

An AIO system that mounts a tiny smaller than 120mm rad directly on top of the cpu? I’m guessing maybe 92mm?   I am personally mystified why one would want anything to do with something like that.  The only reason I can think of is because it saves a few mm in some direction. If this is the case the spec would be needed, because another similar system might have different measurements.

Not a pro, not even very good.  I’m just old and have time currently.  Assuming I know a lot about computers can be a mistake.

Life is like a bowl of chocolates: there are all these little crinkly paper cups everywhere.

What case and ram are you using and why are you interested in this type of cooler in particular?

2011 and 2011-3 use the same cooler mounts.

If you ever need help with a build, read the following before posting: http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/3061-build-plan-thread-recommendations-please-read-before-posting/
Also, make sure to quote a post or tag a member when replying or else they won't get a notification that you replied to them.

10 hours ago, Bombastinator said:

An AIO system that mounts a tiny smaller than 120mm rad directly on top of the cpu? I’m guessing maybe 92mm?   I am personally mystified why one would want anything to do with something like that.  The only reason I can think of is because it saves a few mm in some direction. If this is the case the spec would be needed, because another similar system might have different measurements.

6 hours ago, WoodenMarker said:

What case and ram are you using and why are you interested in this type of cooler in particular?

2011 and 2011-3 use the same cooler mounts.

Yeah my bad, I'm running twin Xeons in a Precision T5610, the existing cooling solution is kinda naff, and I thought these might do the trick.

The ram is plain old (not even covered by shrouds or fancy aluminium covers) ECC Registered RAM.

Here is an okay pic of the layout

https://item.rakuten.co.jp/tce-direct/505155004/

As you can see, the heatsinks are of different sizes and the cooling fans are of a pull/pull variety, the challenge is the 2nd CPU gets the hot air from the 1st one, so I was hoping to find a different solution. I've got an 80mm case fan pulling air out the back, mounted just below and to the left of the 2nd CPU, and that has helped a great deal, but the temps are still now what I'd like under heavy load. 

NOTE: I no longer frequent this site. If you really need help, PM/DM me and my e.mail will alert me. 

8 hours ago, Radium_Angel said:

temps are still now what I'd like under heavy load. 

What are load temps?

If you ever need help with a build, read the following before posting: http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/3061-build-plan-thread-recommendations-please-read-before-posting/
Also, make sure to quote a post or tag a member when replying or else they won't get a notification that you replied to them.

4 hours ago, WoodenMarker said:

What are load temps?

80-85 degrees

2 hours ago, Radium_Angel said:

80-85 degrees

That's not very cool but still perfectly safe. Is it too noisy? Have you tried replacing the thermal paste?

7 hours ago, WoodenMarker said:

That's not very cool but still perfectly safe. Is it too noisy? Have you tried replacing the thermal paste?

I have, when I upgraded the CPUs in the system. I had some arctic silver left over from a previous build.

I can certainly live with it, I don't consider any noise at all to be a goal (Hell, I ran a PowerEdge 2900 III as a main rig for a bit and the noise from that didn't bother me at all, this Precision is dead silent on comparison)

I was just trying to run as cool as possible. No worries