GPU Makes weird noise when setting fan speed manually to 100% + Userbenchmark says missing GPU

I have a fairly new 1660 TI windforce I bought around a month ago and I realized that when I manually set the fan speed to 100% via MSI afterburner it made like a cranking noise. Here is a link to the noise it makes. Recorded from an ipad fairly close to it. Userbenchmark says missing GPU when I ran a test on it; but I'm fairly certain I used DDU to clear drivers and install new ones before and it worked when I initially installed. I'm not sure if this is an issue I should be worried about.

sounds like a grinding bearing to be honest, if not a cable being smacked by the fan blade

2 minutes ago, Stellarisk said:

Userbenchmark says

just ignore userbenchmark, use other software

I WILL find your ITX build thread, and I WILL recommend the SIlverstone Sugo SG13B

Primary PC:

i7 8086k - EVGA Z370 Classified K - G.Skill Trident Z RGB - WD SN750 - Jedi Order Titan Xp - Hyper 212 Black (with RGB Riing flair) - EVGA G3 650W - dual booting Windows 10 and Linux - Black and green theme, Razer brainwashed me.

Draws 400 watts under max load, for reference.

How many watts do I needATX 3.0 & PCIe 5.0 spec, PSU misconceptions, protections explainedgroup reg is bad

2 minutes ago, Stellarisk said:

Userbenchmark says missing GPU

Userbenchmark's benchmark is really buggy, I wouldn't trust it for any benchmarks.

3 hours ago, Fasauceome said:

sounds like a grinding bearing to be honest, if not a cable being smacked by the fan blade

just ignore userbenchmark, use other software

What's a grinding bearing? Is it something I have to worry about? I checked the fanblade and saw nothing in its way.

1 minute ago, Stellarisk said:

What's a grinding bearing? Is it something I have to worry about? I checked the fanblade and saw nothing in its way.

bearings are inside the fan, in the center. If it was the issue, it's not really something you could fix

I WILL find your ITX build thread, and I WILL recommend the SIlverstone Sugo SG13B

Primary PC:

i7 8086k - EVGA Z370 Classified K - G.Skill Trident Z RGB - WD SN750 - Jedi Order Titan Xp - Hyper 212 Black (with RGB Riing flair) - EVGA G3 650W - dual booting Windows 10 and Linux - Black and green theme, Razer brainwashed me.

How many watts do I needATX 3.0 & PCIe 5.0 spec, PSU misconceptions, protections explainedgroup reg is bad

2 minutes ago, Fasauceome said:

bearings are inside the fan, in the center. If it was the issue, it's not really something you could fix

Ah shoot. Well the card's still new. I bought it via amazon but I seem to have misplaced the plastic coverings for the ports so im not sure if I could do an exchange. Will the bearing being the issue kill the card? It seems to only happen when i turn up fan speed to 100% for a few seconds.

1 minute ago, Stellarisk said:

Ah shoot. Well the card's still new. I bought it via amazon but I seem to have misplaced the plastic coverings for the ports so im not sure if I could do an exchange. Will the bearing being the issue kill the card? It seems to only happen when i turn up fan speed to 100% for a few seconds.

if the issue only happens at full fan speed it's not so bad, personally I'd send it back but no it won't kill the card

also your manufacturer's warranty lasts a few years so if the noise begins to happen at lower RPMs you can still send it in

Primary PC:

1 minute ago, Fasauceome said:

if the issue only happens at full fan speed it's not so bad, personally I'd send it back but no it won't kill the card

also your manufacturer's warranty lasts a few years so if the noise begins to happen at lower RPMs you can still send it in

Yeah it hasn't happened during normal gameplay. I just happened to turn the fan speed up and noticed it. Could it be caused because of GPU sag? Ill probably send it back but im glad the warranty lasts a long time.

17 minutes ago, Stellarisk said:

Yeah it hasn't happened during normal gameplay. I just happened to turn the fan speed up and noticed it. Could it be caused because of GPU sag? Ill probably send it back but im glad the warranty lasts a long time.

the card is too new to suffer from GPU sag, so if you're noticing a bend to the card's form it was definitely handled rough in shipping!

Primary PC: