x570 vs B550-F

Hello there,

Im planning on upgrading from an i5-7500 and an incredibly scuffed motherboard thats smaller than it should be to a more fitting build; Ryzen 7 5800x and - well - theres the issue. 
And before I continue, yes I realize getting a 5800x will be very difficult if not impossible, but that is NOT what im asking about.
My Question is, is getting a B550-F Motherboard, in place of a x570, a big deal in the current year? Yeah sure x570 is like - the shit - as far as I know, but the speed of PCI-E 4.0 is still limited to your components, which in turn dont even max out PCI-E 3.0 ports, no? So then, will I have to upgrade in the near future, if I buy a b550-F instead of an x570? (with near future I mean near enough that I will regret not buying it now)

The two specific Mainboards in question are btw the ASUS ROG Strix B550-F and Gigabyte Aorus x570 Elite - Yes they can be found for roughly the same price, but I found a upgrade kit with the 5800x and the Motherboard, in which the MB is priced considerably less, than if I were to buy it seperately.

Thanks in advance guys.

A B550 motherboard with a Ryzen 5 3600 would be fully capable of delivering PCIe 4.0 to the graphics card and primary NVMe SSD. Also PCIe 3.0 has shown to be totally fine for even the 3090 and such so I wouldn't sweat the small stuff

I WILL find your ITX build thread, and I WILL recommend the SIlverstone Sugo SG13B

Primary PC:

i7 8086k - EVGA Z370 Classified K - G.Skill Trident Z RGB - WD SN750 - Jedi Order Titan Xp - Hyper 212 Black (with RGB Riing flair) - EVGA G3 650W - dual booting Windows 10 and Linux - Black and green theme, Razer brainwashed me.

Draws 400 watts under max load, for reference.

How many watts do I needATX 3.0 & PCIe 5.0 spec, PSU misconceptions, protections explainedgroup reg is bad

The difference between the "budget" chipset (B550) and the "premium" chipset (X570) is as negligible this generation as it has ever been. Unlike Intel, AMD restricts basically no important features to the "premium" chipset. A solid B550 board will handle any chip in the Zen 3 lineup. The only reason I see to go with X570 is if you really need super beefy VRMs for overclocking, or you have use for tons of IO. 

Main PC:

AMD Ryzen 7 5800X • Noctua NH-D15 • MSI MAG B550 Tomahawk • 2x8GB G.skill Trident Z Neo 3600MHz CL16 • MSI VENTUS 3X GeForce RTX 3070 OC • Samsung 970 Evo 1TB • Samsung 860 Evo 1TB • Cosair iCUE 465X RGB • Corsair RMx 750W (White)

Peripherals/Other:

ASUS VG27AQ • G PRO K/DA • G502 Hero K/DA • G733 K/DA • G840 K/DA • Oculus Quest 2 • Nintendo Switch (Rev. 2)

Laptop (Dell XPS 13):

Intel Core i7-1195G7 • Intel Iris Xe Graphics • 16GB LPDDR4x 4267MHz • 512GB M.2 PCIe NVMe SSD • 13.4" OLED 3.5K InfinityEdge Display (3456x2160, 400nit, touch). 

Got any questions about my system or peripherals? Feel free to tag me (@bellabichon) and I'll be happy to give you my two cents. 

PSA: Posting a PCPartPicker list with no explanation isn't helpful for first-time builders :)

Aight guys thanks a lot, helped me out quite a bit. Now lets pray that AMD is releasing more Zen 3 Stock in German Stores as soon as possible, if at all haha