Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Sennheiser HD450 BT or competition?

Hello. 

I'm in search for some ANC headphones both for work as I work in noisy environment and university from home (or work actually). They would also replace my old AKG in-ears for the real music listening. I found those Sennheiser HD450BT for 100€ which seems like nice price. I like design and USB-C. There is also Sennheiser PXC 550 but they are 75€ more so not insignificant. Another 2 options are from Sony.

-Sony WH-H910NB for 155 €

They look nice, reviews are also pretty favouring, not that cheap though. Like the capacitive controls.

-Sony WH-CH710N for 105€

Those are another value offer. 

So what to choose, any of those or look elsewhere?

PC: i5 4430, AMD RX480 4GB, 8 GB RAM, 500 GB 860 EVO, 120 GB 840 EVO, 500 GB HDD

Laptop: Lenovo Ideapad 510s 14":  i5 7200U, 8 GB RAM, 500 GB 860 EVO

Phone: Samsung Galaxy S20 FE 4G

Personally, if you're comfortable buying used/refurbished, I'd try and find a pair of Sony WH-1000XM3. The XM4 came out a couple months back, so you can often find these very cheap if you do a little digging.

Having used the 450BT for 6 months now and just having ordered myself a pair of Sony XM3s.

The Sennheisers are a really good set of headphones, good sound and while they are plastic, they do feel like a quality product. ANC isn't the most impressive however, but it does the job for the price imo.

Personally I ran into the issue that the earcups are just a bit too small for my ears and during prolonged sessions my ears would start to hurt from the wear. Some has also reported that the fit on them aren't nice with the headband, but for me it was the earcups.

So if you have the chance to try them on before buying that would be optimal, and if they fit you well enough, I can definitely recommend them.