PC crashed and things went downhill.

Tiranoc

Hello!

So about 3 days ago my computer crashed and it blue screened then it restarted then this happened.

So I went and ask my friends for some advice what should I do and they told me that my hdd is dead and I needed a replacement, so I did.

20201120_134620.thumb.jpg.474602f7ca5aa4aa92632ad3b82ed317.jpg

I plugged it in and the motherboard detected a new hardware so I was like okay the motherboard is fine since it recognizes the ssd.

I also bought a bootable windows 10 pro usb drive so that I can reinstall a new windows.

Now here comes the issue. After reinstalling the new windows (given i installed the windows correctly since this is my first time reinstalling windows idk if i actually did it the right way), it says its getting ready then after awhile it restarts and it gets stuck on this.16058572444956840342648211032812.thumb.jpg.4af73b589619cffc890838eb078b8b29.jpg

Please be gentle with me since this is the first time that this happened to me. Im out ideas on how to fix this. I hope someome can help me cause I just scraped enough money to buy a ssd for this pc and this is my only way of searching for a job atm.

if the bios is fully working, and it boots past the bios this likely isnt a motherboard issue. id assume you have tried new sata cables? did you actually check if your drive was dead? plug it into another computer, and if it doesnt show up feel/listen for vibrations and if there is any clicking before deciding your friend is right. also try another sata plug on the motherboard. there is plenty of other things to try but if you have no replacement parts you cant try a lot else

If my Response helped you, Please click the Check under my reply, to mark it as The Solution!

2 minutes ago, LamoidZombieDog said:

if the bios is fully working, and it boots past the bios this likely isnt a motherboard issue. id assume you have tried new sata cables? did you actually check if your drive was dead? plug it into another computer, and if it doesnt show up feel/listen for vibrations and if there is any clicking before deciding your friend is right. also try another sata plug on the motherboard. there is plenty of other things to try but if you have no replacement parts you cant try a lot else

It did have clicking sounds after i boot it up but it never showed in the bios unlike the new ssd so I figured it might be dead and so my friends so as well.

I also tried plugging it on different sata plugin slots just to double check but the hdd still didnt show up. My gf brother also told me to reset the motherboards battery but it still didnt show up.

I bought new sata cables just to make sure its not a wiring problem and i have to be honest i just moved in to my place and i dont have anyone i can go to to check if my hdd is still alive or dead.

While writing this, i restarted the pc cause it got stuck on the loading thing now a black screen showed up saying "Just a moment". After a few mins the just a moment disappeared now its all just black screen.16058584943613708434671338009316.thumb.jpg.7d9536421f68578f601528fee1844c61.jpg

1 minute ago, Tiranoc said:

It did have clicking sounds after i boot it up but it never showed in the bios unlike the new ssd so I figured it might be dead and so my friends so as well.

I also tried plugging it on different sata plugin slots just to double check but the hdd still didnt show up. My gf brother also told me to reset the motherboards battery but it still didnt show up.

I bought new sata cables just to make sure its not a wiring problem and i have to be honest i just moved in to my place and i dont have anyone i can go to to check if my hdd is still alive or dead.

While writing this, i restarted the pc cause it got stuck on the loading thing now a black screen showed up saying "Just a moment". After a few mins the just a moment disappeared now its all just black screen.16058584943613708434671338009316.thumb.jpg.7d9536421f68578f601528fee1844c61.jpg

okay so if its now not showing up at all, this could be a CPU, GPU, Motherboard or PSU issue. psu would be the easiest to swap since you can test another psu without installing it in the case. i would recommend that first, a faulty psu could have killed your HDD and could kill your other parts as well. otherwise the CPU would be the next thing, with the motherboard/ram after that and last the gpu if its still not working somehow.

If my Response helped you, Please click the Check under my reply, to mark it as The Solution!

3 minutes ago, LamoidZombieDog said:

okay so if its now not showing up at all, this could be a CPU, GPU, Motherboard or PSU issue. psu would be the easiest to swap since you can test another psu without installing it in the case. i would recommend that first, a faulty psu could have killed your HDD and could kill your other parts as well. otherwise the CPU would be the next thing, with the motherboard/ram after that and last the gpu if its still not working somehow.

We did had a storm like a week ago and the power went out twice idk if that contributes to that.

This kinda feels like leading to just buying a new pc... Idk what to do if thats the case....

Let me get this straight? Your PC wouldn't boot and you changed the SSD, but it isn't recognized in BIOS? If that's the case, is the old drive showing up? If yes, then the new A400 is dead on arrival. An older model from Kingston, the V300, actually caused me boot problems on my brothers PC, didn't even boot to bios splash screen), after removal, everything was fine.

CPU: Ryzen 5800X3D | Motherboard: Gigabyte B550 Elite V2 | RAM: G.Skill Aegis 2x16gb 3200 @3600mhz | PSU: EVGA SuperNova 750 G3 | Monitor: LG 27GL850-B , Samsung C27HG70 | 
GPU: Red Devil RX 7900XT | Sound: Odac + Fiio E09K | Case: Fractal Design R6 TG Blackout |Storage: MP510 960gb and 860 Evo 500gb | Cooling: CPU: Noctua NH-D15 with one fan

FS in Denmark/EU:

Asus Dual GTX 1060 3GB. Used maximum 4 months total. Looks like new. Card never opened. Give me a price. 

We did had a storm like a week ago and the power went out twice idk if that contributes to that.

This kinda feels like leading to just buying a new pc... Idk what to do if thats the case....

id assume its a custom built system? if you have no knowledge of computers then yes this leads to buying a new pc basically. if you do, this leads to repairing it if its worth it.

1 minute ago, DoctorNick said:

Let me get this straight? Your PC wouldn't boot and you changed the SSD, but it isn't recognized in BIOS? If that's the case, is the old drive showing up? If yes, then the new A400 is dead on arrival. An older model from Kingston, the V300, actually caused me boot problems on my brothers PC, didn't even boot to bios splash screen), after removal, everything was fine.

Before the SSD i had a 2 tb Seagate hard drive.

2 minutes ago, DoctorNick said:

i dont understand why people respond only reading half the conversation. no the old HDD is not showing up at all. the SSD DOES show up in the bios.

Just now, LamoidZombieDog said:

id assume its a custom built system? if you have no knowledge of computers then yes this leads to buying a new pc basically. if you do, this leads to repairing it if its worth it.

I bought this pc around 2015ish and it was already built by someone else when it came in.

Just now, Tiranoc said:

I bought this pc around 2015ish and it was already built by someone else when it came in.

whats the specs? its value would mainly depend if its worth it for repair, especially since you dont have a lot of knowledge in this kind of repair.

Just now, LamoidZombieDog said:

whats the specs? its value would mainly depend if its worth it for repair, especially since you dont have a lot of knowledge in this kind of repair.

i5 7th gen Intel Processor

Samsung Rams x2 8gb each stock ones i dont know the serial number for them

Gtx1050ti

Bm 150 Night Elf Motherboard

i5 7th gen Intel Processor

Samsung Rams x2 8gb each stock ones i dont know the serial number for them

Gtx1050ti

Bm 150 Night Elf Motherboard

okay so its lower end. at this point personally i would just say go new if its the motherboard or cpu. but dont buy a prebuilt gaming pc, they are a huge rip off.

1 minute ago, LamoidZombieDog said:

okay so its lower end. at this point personally i would just say go new if its the motherboard or cpu. but dont buy a prebuilt gaming pc, they are a huge rip off.

Honestly i dont know if I can buy a new rig. With this pandemic going and struggling to find work, i can barely even make ends meet now my only source of income which is this computer is now gone.

Yes I was abit naive back then cause I didnt know what to buy and what was good for me at that time.

2 minutes ago, LamoidZombieDog said:

so it got past the bios and into windows loading? what showed before it got to this point?

Just loading screen with the bm150 night elf and a stuck loading icon.