Please help regarding resizing partition, just installed Fedora WS 33 and currently live booting (USB)

Hello everyone I hope you all have a good day and stay safe

So I just attempted to install Fedora to an Asus core i3-2330M laptop which that laptop is usually for my school duty n' stuffs and bearing 2GB of RAM, all and all it's on a 500GB HDD in which I still have Windows 7 before...

Before tho it was flawless enough and now at the time of writing not (submitting) I'm currently on 'Installing software 100%' after resizing one of my Windows partition to give around 20GB ish of room for Fedora for now

The question now is:

1. Can I gradually give in more storage room for the Fedora side of the system? Later on? I am expecting myself to outright yeet windows 7 out from the drive

2. The first moments after I clicked 'Done' on the Install to Hard Drive process was along the lines of 'resizing partition on /dev/sda2' and that took long in a sense of around 6 minutes. Is that normal?

3. Sorry I can't give in screenshots for further details but when I decide to totally give in the drive's whole storage to the Fedora side do I do it by fresh deleting of the Windows side then search for guides on how to resize partition once more?

4. Oh and how to safely transfer the whole data n' stuffs from the Windows side to the Linux Distro side? So far I'm using the 32GB SD card on my phone to FTP between the sides and I think it works well tho, so far.

Thank you for your attention good people!

"Make it future proof for some years at least, don't buy "only slightly better" stuff that gets outdated 1 year, that's throwing money away" @pipoawas

-Frequencies DON'T represent everything and in many cases that is true (referring to Individual CPU Clocks).

Mention me if you want to summon me sooner or later

Spoiler

My head on 2019 :

Note 10, S10, Samsung becomes Apple, Zen 2, 3700X, Renegade X lol

A lot of the advise you'll get here depends on how much data you have stored on the machine. If it all fits on the 32GB SD card, store it there and wipe the system clean by installing Linux on the entire disk. Although Fedora isn't bad, perse, there's more choice: Mint, Mandriva, OpenSuse are suitable alternatives for Linux novices. Debian/Devuan, Slackware and Gentoo/Funtoo are suited for more experienced users (although Debian/Devuan are also fine for new users, their installation tool is not so much targeted at this group and can be considered 'spartan' if you're used a do everything in a GUI).

"You don't need eyes to see, you need vision"

(Faithless, 'Reverence' from the 1996 Reverence album)

On 11/20/2020 at 7:08 PM, Dutch_Master said:

A lot of the advise you'll get here depends on how much data you have stored on the machine. If it all fits on the 32GB SD card, store it there and wipe the system clean by installing Linux on the entire disk. Although Fedora isn't bad, perse, there's more choice: Mint, Mandriva, OpenSuse are suitable alternatives for Linux novices. Debian/Devuan, Slackware and Gentoo/Funtoo are suited for more experienced users (although Debian/Devuan are also fine for new users, their installation tool is not so much targeted at this group and can be considered 'spartan' if you're used a do everything in a GUI).

Dude thanks for the reply there! Initially when I see it first I wanted to also reply but at the time I thought I'd give in an informational reaction to your reply but all and all you are delivering helpful information

I just messed Fedora up few days ago after around 3 days of fine use lol, I have this issue of grub filesystem error and so far I am not able to recover it yet again (testdisk have failed the second time, there was a time before this I messed up but able to recover it with said program but the /dev/sda3 the partition that Fedora is on has 0 literal bytes left...)

And now I can only use the system from a Live USB so at the time being I'll just I figure out how to back up all my data on the Linux side then clean delete Fedora then try other distro... System76 Pop OS seems nice like it's really seamless for someone who's really used to GUI but since Pop OS is Ubuntu based do they collect data like Ubuntu does too though? You really got me at the Novice Linux user part 😑

"Make it future proof for some years at least, don't buy "only slightly better" stuff that gets outdated 1 year, that's throwing money away" @pipoawas

-Frequencies DON'T represent everything and in many cases that is true (referring to Individual CPU Clocks).

Mention me if you want to summon me sooner or later

Spoiler

My head on 2019 :

Note 10, S10, Samsung becomes Apple, Zen 2, 3700X, Renegade X lol