Jump to content
Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Are there any X570 Motherboard that support 5100 speed memory my friends been asking too much

I just need to know if theres any good motherboard that supports 5100 speed memory so i can stop my friend form flooding my dms

Link to post
Share on other sites

Have your friend make an LTT account, the more the merrier

I WILL find your ITX build thread, and I WILL recommend the SIlverstone Sugo SG13B

 

Primary PC:

i7 8086k (won) - EVGA Z370 Classified K - G.Kill Trident Z RGB - Force MP500 - Jedi Order Titan Xp - Hyper 212 Black (with RGB Riing flair) - EVGA G2 650W - Black and green theme, Razer brainwashed me.

Draws 400 watts under max load, for reference.

 

Linux Proliant ML150 G6:

Dual Xeon X5560 - 24GB ECC DDR3 - GTX 750 TI - old Seagate 1.5TB HDD - Dark moded Ubuntu (and Win7, cuz why not)

 

How many watts do I need? Seasonic Focus threadUserbenchmark (Et al.) is trash explained, PSU misconceptions, protections explainedgroup reg is bad

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Fasauceome said:

Have your friend make an LTT account, the more the merrier

True but is there a x570 motherboard that supports 5100 speed memory hes planning to build the "fastest" gaming pc he somehow has a 3090 and a 5950x

Link to post
Share on other sites

The MSI Tomahawk, Asus ROG Strix B550-I, AsRock B550 Phantom...

Several do.

 

I'm not sure the 5100mhz stuff is reasonable or necessary (yet).

Build in Progress - Potato Revamp

 

CPU: AMD 5900x || GPU: nVidia RTX 3080 (pending) || RAM: 32gb Trident Z Neo CL16 || Case: Fractal R4 || CPU Cooler: Scythe Fuma 2 || PSU: SeaSonic GX-750 Gold || Storage: ADATA SX8200 Pro (1TB), 2x Seagate Barracuda 3.5in (2TB)

Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, Xt1nxt_Ace said:

True but is there a x570 motherboard that supports 5100 speed memory hes planning to build the "fastest" gaming pc he somehow has a 3090 and a 5950x

Just go for 3800 CL14.

Desktop: Intel Core i9-9900K | be quiet! Dark Rock Pro 4 | ASUS Strix Z390-F | G.Skill Trident Z Neo 2x16GB 3200MHz CL14 | EVGA GeForce RTX 2070 SUPER XC Ultra | Corsair RM650x | Fractal Design Define R6

Laptop: 2018 Apple MacBook Pro 13"  --  i5-8259U | 8GB LPDDR3 | 512GB NVMe | macOS Big Sur

Peripherals: Leopold FC660C w/ Topre Silent 45g | Logitech MX Master 3 & Razer Basilisk X HyperSpeed | Beyerdynamic Custom One Pro Plus | Audio-Technica AT2020USB+

Displays: Alienware AW2521HF & BenQ BL2420PT

Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, Mateyyy said:

Just go for 3800 CL14.

Thats what im telling him but he won't listen 

Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, Xt1nxt_Ace said:

True but is there a x570 motherboard that supports 5100 speed memory hes planning to build the "fastest" gaming pc he somehow has a 3090 and a 5950x

Well, 5100MHz memory crosses over from "fastest gaming PC" to "recreational overclocking" territory. 

 

If your friend wants a relaible, stable system that isn't designed for benchmark scores to post online, I do suggest some DDR4 4000 instead.

 

If he's dead set on insanely fast memory, tell him not to be disappointed if it's not stable.

I WILL find your ITX build thread, and I WILL recommend the SIlverstone Sugo SG13B

 

Primary PC:

i7 8086k (won) - EVGA Z370 Classified K - G.Kill Trident Z RGB - Force MP500 - Jedi Order Titan Xp - Hyper 212 Black (with RGB Riing flair) - EVGA G2 650W - Black and green theme, Razer brainwashed me.

Draws 400 watts under max load, for reference.

 

Linux Proliant ML150 G6:

Dual Xeon X5560 - 24GB ECC DDR3 - GTX 750 TI - old Seagate 1.5TB HDD - Dark moded Ubuntu (and Win7, cuz why not)

 

How many watts do I need? Seasonic Focus threadUserbenchmark (Et al.) is trash explained, PSU misconceptions, protections explainedgroup reg is bad

Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, Xt1nxt_Ace said:

hes planning to build the "fastest" gaming pc he somehow has a 3090 and a 5950x

He could get a 5800x and 3080 and still have a pretty "fast" PC...

He's at the point of diminishing returns and going after bragging rights.
With those specs and gaming specifically, he won't "see" the difference.

Build in Progress - Potato Revamp

 

CPU: AMD 5900x || GPU: nVidia RTX 3080 (pending) || RAM: 32gb Trident Z Neo CL16 || Case: Fractal R4 || CPU Cooler: Scythe Fuma 2 || PSU: SeaSonic GX-750 Gold || Storage: ADATA SX8200 Pro (1TB), 2x Seagate Barracuda 3.5in (2TB)

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Fasauceome said:

Well, 5100MHz memory crosses over from "fastest gaming PC" to "recreational overclocking" territory. 

 

If your friend wants a relaible, stable system that isn't designed for benchmark scores to post online, I do suggest some DDR4 4000 instead.

 

If he's dead set on insanely fast memory, tell him not to be disappointed if it's not stable.

Hes been using a xbox one s for 3 years he isn't gonna care but ill force him to get 4000 speed memory

Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, kewtz said:

He could get a 5800x and 3080 and still have a pretty "fast" PC...

He's at the point of diminishing returns and going after bragging rights.
With those specs and gaming specifically, he won't "see" the difference.

He already has a 3090 and a 5950x

Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, Xt1nxt_Ace said:

Hes been using a xbox one s for 3 years he isn't gonna care but ill force him to get 4000 speed memory

You could just lie and say it's 5100 🤷

I WILL find your ITX build thread, and I WILL recommend the SIlverstone Sugo SG13B

 

Primary PC:

i7 8086k (won) - EVGA Z370 Classified K - G.Kill Trident Z RGB - Force MP500 - Jedi Order Titan Xp - Hyper 212 Black (with RGB Riing flair) - EVGA G2 650W - Black and green theme, Razer brainwashed me.

Draws 400 watts under max load, for reference.

 

Linux Proliant ML150 G6:

Dual Xeon X5560 - 24GB ECC DDR3 - GTX 750 TI - old Seagate 1.5TB HDD - Dark moded Ubuntu (and Win7, cuz why not)

 

How many watts do I need? Seasonic Focus threadUserbenchmark (Et al.) is trash explained, PSU misconceptions, protections explainedgroup reg is bad

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Xt1nxt_Ace said:

Thats what im telling him but he won't listen 

5GHz+ memory is impractical and stupid for a daily system, even if only because of Ryzen's Infinity Fabric. You'll still get better latency with 3800 CL14, and you also won't need to shove 1.6-1.7V+ into your memory.

 

To answer your question though, well, sort of - B550 Unify X.

If you have to go with X570 though, then you're looking at ITX. Probably a Strix X570-I would be my pick.

 

Also, 3800 CL14 dual-rank, since I left that out. 16GB DIMMs nowadays aren't guaranteed to be dual-rank, but if you go for Samsung B-die (since tight timings are possibly even more important than frequency, since again, we're talking about Ryzen), those are guaranteed to be dual-rank sticks, since B-die is an 8Gbit IC.

Desktop: Intel Core i9-9900K | be quiet! Dark Rock Pro 4 | ASUS Strix Z390-F | G.Skill Trident Z Neo 2x16GB 3200MHz CL14 | EVGA GeForce RTX 2070 SUPER XC Ultra | Corsair RM650x | Fractal Design Define R6

Laptop: 2018 Apple MacBook Pro 13"  --  i5-8259U | 8GB LPDDR3 | 512GB NVMe | macOS Big Sur

Peripherals: Leopold FC660C w/ Topre Silent 45g | Logitech MX Master 3 & Razer Basilisk X HyperSpeed | Beyerdynamic Custom One Pro Plus | Audio-Technica AT2020USB+

Displays: Alienware AW2521HF & BenQ BL2420PT

Link to post
Share on other sites

Tell your friend to ask the motherboard manufacture or memory maker. He's making you his free personal consultant and tech support.

Intel Xeon E5 1650 v3 @ 3.5GHz 6C:12T / CM212 Evo / Asus X99 Deluxe / 16GB (4x4GB) DDR4 3000 Trident-Z / Samsung 850 Pro 256GB / Intel 335 240GB / WD Red 2 & 3TB / Antec 850w / RTX 2070 / Win10 Pro x64

HP Envy X360 15: Intel Core i5 8250U @ 1.6GHz 4C:8T / 8GB DDR4 / Intel UHD620 + Nvidia GeForce MX150 4GB / Intel 120GB SSD / Win10 Pro x64

 

HP Envy x360 BP series Intel 8th gen

AMD ThreadRipper 2!

5820K & 6800K 3-way SLI mobo support list

 

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Mateyyy said:

5GHz+ memory is impractical and stupid for a daily system, even if only because of Ryzen's Infinity Fabric. You'll still get better latency with 3800 CL14, and you also won't need to shove 1.6-1.7V+ into your memory.

 

To answer your question though, well, sort of - B550 Unify X.

If you have to go with X570 though, then you're looking at ITX. Probably a Strix X570-I would be my pick.

 

Also, 3800 CL14 dual-rank, since I left that out. 16GB DIMMs nowadays aren't guaranteed to be dual-rank, but if you go for Samsung B-die (since tight timings are possibly even more important than frequency, since again, we're talking about Ryzen), those are guaranteed to be dual-rank sticks, since B-die is an 8Gbit IC.

hey my friend isn't the type of guy to listen to other ppls advise and he donesn't know anything about computers so i can just tell him its 5000 and he'll believe me

Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, Xt1nxt_Ace said:

hey my friend isn't the type of guy to listen to other ppls advise and he donesn't know anything about computers so i can just tell him its 5000 and he'll believe me

PS5 with a Windows logo on the side it is, then.

Desktop: Intel Core i9-9900K | be quiet! Dark Rock Pro 4 | ASUS Strix Z390-F | G.Skill Trident Z Neo 2x16GB 3200MHz CL14 | EVGA GeForce RTX 2070 SUPER XC Ultra | Corsair RM650x | Fractal Design Define R6

Laptop: 2018 Apple MacBook Pro 13"  --  i5-8259U | 8GB LPDDR3 | 512GB NVMe | macOS Big Sur

Peripherals: Leopold FC660C w/ Topre Silent 45g | Logitech MX Master 3 & Razer Basilisk X HyperSpeed | Beyerdynamic Custom One Pro Plus | Audio-Technica AT2020USB+

Displays: Alienware AW2521HF & BenQ BL2420PT

Link to post
Share on other sites

just tell him, he'll open bios, or HWinfo at some point. tell him that it doesn't make sense to run above 3800mhz on ryzen because of infinity fabric

Quote me for a reply, React if I was helpful, informative, or funny

 

AMD blackout rig

 

cpu: ryzen 5 3600 @4.4ghz @1.35v

gpu: rx5700xt 2200mhz

ram: vengeance lpx c15 3200mhz

mobo: gigabyte b550 pro 

psu: cooler master mwe 650w

case: masterbox mbx520

fans:Noctua industrial 3000rpm x6

 

 

Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, Mateyyy said:

PS5 with a Windows logo on the side it is, then.

lel that would be very obvious though im only concerned about his memory choice

Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, Xt1nxt_Ace said:

hey my friend isn't the type of guy to listen to other ppls advise and he donesn't know anything about computers so i can just tell him its 5000 and he'll believe me

Get him some 2133 ram, cross that out and write 5100MHz on it with a sharpie.

Intel Xeon E5 1650 v3 @ 3.5GHz 6C:12T / CM212 Evo / Asus X99 Deluxe / 16GB (4x4GB) DDR4 3000 Trident-Z / Samsung 850 Pro 256GB / Intel 335 240GB / WD Red 2 & 3TB / Antec 850w / RTX 2070 / Win10 Pro x64

HP Envy X360 15: Intel Core i5 8250U @ 1.6GHz 4C:8T / 8GB DDR4 / Intel UHD620 + Nvidia GeForce MX150 4GB / Intel 120GB SSD / Win10 Pro x64

 

HP Envy x360 BP series Intel 8th gen

AMD ThreadRipper 2!

5820K & 6800K 3-way SLI mobo support list

 

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, NumLock21 said:

Get him some 2133 ram, cross that out and write 5100MHz on it with a sharpie.

than he wuld notice a performance difference from the gpucheck "benchmark" more like a guess

Link to post
Share on other sites
27 minutes ago, Xt1nxt_Ace said:

than he wuld notice a performance difference from the gpucheck "benchmark"

So your friend don't know much about computers, and won't listen to others, but you. You've got 1 foot already in, as his personal free lifetime computer consultant and tech support. Just tell him you don't know and to contact the motherboard manufacture. The last thing you want is, you recommending some board that happens to support 5100MHz ram, and he cannot get it to work, so he will start flood your DMs, tell you to help him getting this stupid 5100MHz ram to work. Anything over the JEDEC specs is consider as a overclock. To get ram that high, going beyond what the CPU is capable of, is to enabled through Intel XMP or AMD's AMP through the bios, but these setting are unstable and tend to reset themselves, spitting out "CPU overclocking failed, bios has been reset error".
Just show him, his 5950X can only go up to 3200MHz, and anything else is a waste.

https://www.amd.com/en/products/cpu/amd-ryzen-9-5950x

Intel Xeon E5 1650 v3 @ 3.5GHz 6C:12T / CM212 Evo / Asus X99 Deluxe / 16GB (4x4GB) DDR4 3000 Trident-Z / Samsung 850 Pro 256GB / Intel 335 240GB / WD Red 2 & 3TB / Antec 850w / RTX 2070 / Win10 Pro x64

HP Envy X360 15: Intel Core i5 8250U @ 1.6GHz 4C:8T / 8GB DDR4 / Intel UHD620 + Nvidia GeForce MX150 4GB / Intel 120GB SSD / Win10 Pro x64

 

HP Envy x360 BP series Intel 8th gen

AMD ThreadRipper 2!

5820K & 6800K 3-way SLI mobo support list

 

Link to post
Share on other sites
53 minutes ago, Xt1nxt_Ace said:

True but is there a x570 motherboard that supports 5100 speed memory hes planning to build the "fastest" gaming pc he somehow has a 3090 and a 5950x

Then you need two sets of those 5100 kits and a crosshair dark hero. Tune them down to 4000 with ultra tight timings.

Link to post
Share on other sites

Going beyond DDR4-4000 (DDR4-4000 if you are lucky to get that stable) will cause the Infinity Fabric to drop from 1:1 ratio with the DRAM, to 1:2 ratio.

At 1:2 you'll see a huge latency increase, and you're just going backwards with CPU performance at that point...

 

+1 to @NumLock21's comment.

Just go with DDR4-3200 ~ DDR4-3600 CL14, or DDR4-3600 CL16, and call it.

DDR4-3600 CL14 is not cheap, though....those are top few % of Samsung B-Die DDR4 memory chips.

Intel Z390 Rig ( *NEW* Primary )

Intel X99 Rig (Officially Decommissioned, Dead CPU returned to Intel)

  • i7-8086K @ 5.1 GHz (still tweaking) -- i7-6800K
  • Gigabyte Z390 Aorus Master -- ASUS X99 Deluxe
  • Sapphire NITRO+ RX 5700 XT Special Edition -- 2x Sapphire NITRO R9-Fury in Crossfire
  • 32GB G.Skill TridentZ DDR4-3000 CL14 (16GB TridentZ RGB + 16GB Red/Black TridentZ)
  • SanDisk 480 GB SSD + 1TB Samsung 860 EVO + 1TB Intel 660p NVMe
  • EVGA SuperNOVA 850W P2 + Red/White CableMod Cables
  • Phanteks Enthoo Luxe Tempered Glass Edition
  • Ekwb Custom loop
  • Logitech G502 Proteus Spectrum + Corsair K70 (Red LED, anodized black, Cheery MX Browns)

Intel Z97 Rig (Secondary)

  • Intel i5-4690K 4.8 GHz
  • ASUS ROG Maximus VII Hero Z97
  • Sapphire Vapor-X HD 7950 EVGA GTX 1070 SC Black Edition ACX 3.0
  • 20 GB (8GB X 2 + 4GB X 1) Corsair Vengeance DDR3 1600 MHz
  • Corsair A50 air cooler  NZXT X61
  • Crucial MX500 1TB SSD + SanDisk Ultra II 240GB SSD + WD Caviar Black 1TB HDD + Kingston V300 120GB SSD [non-gimped version]
  • Antec New TruePower 550W EVGA G2 650W + White CableMod cables
  • Cooler Master HAF 912 White NZXT S340 Elite w/ white LED stips

AMD 990FX Rig (Decommissioned)

  • FX-8350 @ 4.8 / 4.9 GHz (given up on the 5.0 / 5.1 GHz attempt)
  • ASUS ROG Crosshair V Formula 990FX
  • 12 GB (4 GB X 3) G.Skill RipJawsX DDR3 @ 1866 MHz
  • Sapphire Vapor-X HD 7970 + Sapphire Dual-X HD 7970 in Crossfire  Sapphire NITRO R9-Fury in Crossfire *NONE*
  • Thermaltake Frio w/ Cooler Master JetFlo's in push-pull
  • Samsung 850 EVO 500GB SSD + Kingston V300 120GB SSD + WD Caviar Black 1TB HDD
  • Corsair TX850 (ver.1)
  • Cooler Master HAF 932

 

<> Electrical Engineer , B.Eng <>

<> Electronics & Computer Engineering Technologist (Diploma + Advanced Diploma) <>

<> Electronics Engineering Technician for the Canadian Department of National Defence <>

Link to post
Share on other sites
15 minutes ago, NumLock21 said:

So your friend don't know much about computers, and won't listen to others, but you. You've got 1 foot already in, as his personal free lifetime computer consultant and tech support. Just tell him you don't know and to contact the motherboard manufacture. The last thing you want is, you recommending some board that happens to support 5100MHz ram, and he cannot get it to work, so he will start flood your DMs, tell you to help him getting this stupid 5100MHz ram to work. Anything over the JEDEC specs is consider as a overclock. To get ram that high, going beyond what the CPU is capable of, is to enabled through Intel XMP or AMD's AMP through the bios, but these setting are unstable and tend to reset themselves, spitting out "CPU overclocking failed, bios has been reset error".
Just show him, his 5950X can only go up to 3200MHz, and anything else is a waste.

https://www.amd.com/en/products/cpu/amd-ryzen-9-5950x

I already lied to him and got him to get 3800mhz ram

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, -rascal- said:

Going beyond DDR4-4000 (DDR4-4000 if you are lucky to get that stable) will cause the Infinity Fabric to drop from 1:1 ratio with the DRAM, to 1:2 ratio.

At 1:2 you'll see a huge latency increase, and you're just going backwards with CPU performance at that point...

 

+1 to @NumLock21's comment.

Just go with DDR4-3200 ~ DDR4-3600 CL14, or DDR4-3600 CL16, and call it.

DDR4-3600 CL14 is not cheap, though....those are top few % of Samsung B-Die DDR4 memory chips.

Thats why i lied to him and got him to get 3800 ram

Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

×