Shenmue III has released on the Steam store and is on a severe discount.

Wheresmehammer

Any updates on this i can change it, right now until the 25th of November it costs £15:29 for standard & £19.71 for the deluxe which has 3 DLC's included.

My computer for gaming & work. AMD Ryzen 3600x with XFR support on - Arctic Cooling LF II - ASUS Prime X570-P - Gigabyte 5700XT - 32GB Geil Orion 3600 - Crucial P1 1TB NVME - Crucial BX 500 SSD - EVGA GQ 650w - NZXT Phantom 820 Gun Metal Grey colour - Samsung C27FG73FU monitor - Blue snowball mic - External best connectivity 24 bit/ 96khz DAC headphone amp -Pioneer SE-205 headphone - Focal Auditor 130mm speakers in custom sealed boxes - inPhase audio XT 8 V2 wired at 2ohm 300RMS custom slot port compact box - Vibe Audio PowerBox 400.1

Isn't Shenmue 3 like... terribad though? I'm remembering watching some reviews and the end result was that the entire game is just a waste of time and doesn't actually progress the story of anything.

#Muricaparrotgang

Just now, JZStudios said:

Isn't Shenmue 3 like... terribad though?

Dunno, you tell me, i don't care about others opinions on it, i bought to play it and find out what it entails.

My computer for gaming & work. AMD Ryzen 3600x with XFR support on - Arctic Cooling LF II - ASUS Prime X570-P - Gigabyte 5700XT - 32GB Geil Orion 3600 - Crucial P1 1TB NVME - Crucial BX 500 SSD - EVGA GQ 650w - NZXT Phantom 820 Gun Metal Grey colour - Samsung C27FG73FU monitor - Blue snowball mic - External best connectivity 24 bit/ 96khz DAC headphone amp -Pioneer SE-205 headphone - Focal Auditor 130mm speakers in custom sealed boxes - inPhase audio XT 8 V2 wired at 2ohm 300RMS custom slot port compact box - Vibe Audio PowerBox 400.1

1 minute ago, Wheresmehammer said:

Dunno, you tell me, i don't care about others opinions on it, i bought to play it and find out what it entails.

Pretty sure the whole point was that Shenmue 2 ended on a cliffhanger, and people didn't get a sequel for however many years, then 3 came out and it explicitly goes nowhere, wastes your time, and then ends on a cliffhanger again.

#Muricaparrotgang

1 minute ago, JZStudios said:

Pretty sure the whole point was that Shenmue 2 ended on a cliffhanger, and people didn't get a sequel for however many years, then 3 came out and it explicitly goes nowhere, wastes your time, and then ends on a cliffhanger again.

Yes, but a game is more than it's story, enjoy the ride and experience, hope a 4th comes out.

Originally Shenmue was going to be a massive spanning saga, way more than 3 games so really, blame your misinformed critics.

2 minutes ago, Wheresmehammer said:

Yes, but a game is more than it's story, enjoy the ride and experience, hope a 4th comes out.

Originally Shenmue was going to be a massive spanning saga, way more than 3 games so really, blame your misinformed critics.

The ride is tedium.

That may be true, but it didn't get past 2 and it's unlikely it'll get another chance at 4 after the wet fart that was 3.

#Muricaparrotgang

The ride is tedium.

That may be true, but it didn't get past 2 and it's unlikely it'll get another chance at 4 after the wet fart that was 3.

Well that is your option, have a nice day.

2 hours ago, Wheresmehammer said:

Well that is your option, have a nice day.

Pedantic alert!

Pretty sure you mean opinion.

#Muricaparrotgang

48 minutes ago, JZStudios said:

Pedantic alert!

Pretty sure you mean opinion.

No l meant option.

3 hours ago, PineyCreek said:

Forklift Simulator 2020?

So precious!

Quite defensive. 

19 hours ago, Wheresmehammer said:

No l meant option.

I'm not sure that makes sense.

#Muricaparrotgang

I'm not sure that makes sense.

You have an option to buy it or not, your option is not buying...

1 minute ago, Wheresmehammer said:

You have an option to buy it or not, your option is not buying...

Oh. Okay. It's just I said "The game is boring" and replying with "That's your option" is a bit odd.

Alright, moving on.

#Muricaparrotgang

22 hours ago, Wheresmehammer said:

i bought to play it and find out what it entails

You overpaid. It's hit $4.99 and $6.99 on Epic for two separate two and a half week periods in late May to mid June and again in late October to early November.

22 hours ago, JZStudios said:

Isn't Shenmue 3 like... terribad though?

Yup...

But that doesn't mean people won't buy and play it.

I mean, people play and enjoy a game like Plague Inc Evolved. I'll never understand it.

2 minutes ago, Paul Rudd said:

I mean, people play and enjoy a game like Plague Inc Evolved. I'll never understand it.

I've played the free mobile version and kind of enjoyed it. Yeah it's a strange concept, but it kind of reminds me of a strategy board game of sorts. I would never pay $15 for it though. $5 would be a much more reasonable price tag for a game like that.

I mostly speak from my own past experience from similar problems. My solution may not work for you, but I'll always try my best to help as much as I can. If you want me to see your reply, make sure to quote my comment or mention me @WaggishOhio383, and I'll get back to you as soon as possible.

-- My PC Build --

Ryzen 7 2700x

AsRock B450 Steel Legend

XFX RX 590 Fatboy

Crucial Ballistix Tactical Tracer RGB 16GB 3200MHz
120GB Crucial BX500 SSD + 2TB Seagate Barracuda HDD

Corsair CX650M

Phanteks Eclipse P350x

1 minute ago, WaggishOhio383 said:

I've played the free mobile version and kind of enjoyed it. Yeah it's a strange concept, but it kind of reminds me of a strategy board game of sorts. I would never pay $15 for it though. $5 would be a much more reasonable price tag for a game like that.

It used to be a free flash game on Newgrounds n such. I'm not paying a dime for it.

#Muricaparrotgang

15 minutes ago, Paul Rudd said:

You overpaid. It's hit $4.99 and $6.99 on Epic for two separate two and a half week periods in late May to mid June and again in late October to early November.

Yup...

No, i bought it on the store i wanted it on.

23 minutes ago, Wheresmehammer said:

No, i bought it on the store i wanted it on.

I won't respond to this. The conversation that takes place afterwards always ends up just being as silly as can be. I'll just keep never understanding people. People still buy garbage bags in 2020. And I'll never understand it.

23 hours ago, JZStudios said:

Isn't Shenmue 3 like... terribad though? I'm remembering watching some reviews and the end result was that the entire game is just a waste of time and doesn't actually progress the story of anything.

23 hours ago, JZStudios said:

42 minutes ago, Paul Rudd said:

Yup...

My impression from fans of 1 and 2 is that, to the people who love Shenmue 1 and 2 and who wanted Shenmue 3 to be made, Shenmue 3 is perfect and everything they hoped it would be. It's exactly the same style and kind of experience as 1 and 2, including all its eccentricities which they love and which non-fans take as examples of the game being bad.

You own the software that you purchase - Understanding software licenses and EULAs

"We’ll know our disinformation program is complete when everything the american public believes is false" - William Casey, CIA Director 1981-1987

8 minutes ago, Paul Rudd said:

I won't respond to this. The conversation that takes place afterwards always ends up just being as silly as can be. I'll just keep never understanding people. People still buy garbage bags in 2020. And I'll never understand it.

Well go watch people collect garbage bags then instead of commenting.

2 hours ago, Wheresmehammer said:

Well go watch people collect garbage bags then instead of commenting.

I said people buy garbage bags.

Why pay triple the price for a game when the exact same game is $4.99 on a different launcher? I'll never understand it just like I'll never understand why people buy garbage bags when they're already free every time you go grocery shopping.

16 minutes ago, Paul Rudd said:

I said people buy garbage bags.

Why pay triple the price for a game when the exact same game is $4.99 on a different launcher? I'll never understand it just like I'll never understand why people buy garbage bags when they're already free every time you go grocery shopping.

we pay for our bags. Why do you feel a need to over share your opinions? It is just a video game. Show us on the bear where Yu Suzuki touched you. 

3 hours ago, Paul Rudd said:

Why would... why would people not buy garbage bags? What else do you put garbage in?

#Muricaparrotgang