Very low FPS Ryzen 5600X + RTX 3070

Hello guys,
Yesterday I put togheter my first PC build :

- Ryzen 5 5600X with stock cooler and Thermal Grizzly Kryonaut paste
- ASUS TUF B550 PLUS ATX Motherboard
- G.Skill Trident Z RGB 16GB DDR4 3200MHz
- ASUS Dual OC RTX 3080
- Micron 2200 M.2 PCIE NVME 1TB ( took this from a Dell XPS 15 9750)
- Seagate Barracuda SATA SSD 1TB - Corsair RM 750x 2018 PSU ( 750watts 80+gold) White using the cables that came with the PSU
- Corsair 4000D with 2 corsair 120mm Corsair fans in the front and 1 in the back.

I have really low fps in games.
I tried Rainbow Six Siege and CoD MW Warzone and I can barely get 40 fps at 1080p on max settings which is really low considering that on various benchmarks on youtube the same build would get 140+ fps.
I feel like this is a software+hardware or even software only issue (explanation at the bottom).

Problems I encountered/solved with this build so far (skip past the next section , low fps issue discussed at the bottom):

-Stuck at POST screen, computer would not detect keyboard.
 SOLVED: Loaded BIOS update from ASUS website to FAT 32 USB flash drive and used BIOS FlashBack to upgrade BIOS (with the PC turned off,plug USB into BIOS USB port on motherboard and press the bios flashback button for 3 seconds and a green LED will start blinking on the mobo, when it stops it means it's done)

-Some of the SATA Ports do not detect the SATA SSD.
SOLVED: I tried different SATA ports ont he Motherboard and it works fine.

I have 2 games installed , R6 Siege and Warzone, Siege on the NVMe Drive and Warzone first on the M.2 then on the SATA. Last night after I completed the build , I installed windows and these 2 games. I fired up Siege and I was getting 80fps with everything maxed at 1080p but I had stuttering issues.

Then I fired up Warzone and I was getting about 40-50 fps at 1080p with everything maxed.
I had 200fps all the way from the activision logo to the point that I click on "find lobby" and then the computer has to actually work to render the walking soldier while it finds me a game.
I get in the game and the coolers start spinning faster on the CPU since the utilisation ramps up.
All this time the temperature on the CPU is around 60 Celsius.

Then the computer restarts itself. Weird ...

I do a GPU reseat , I make sure every power cable is tucked in place and I go again...same result.

I checked the GPU utilisation and it's sitting pretty decently at about 40% however the CPU utilisation was really low(probably bottlenecking the GPU hence the only40% utilistation).
Mind that the GPU had already been tested when I bought it on my frind's PC and it performed correctly.
So far i thought that I had a faulty CPU so i decide to benchmark it.
I hop on Cinebench 23 and the results are on par with internet found ones : somwhere in the 1500's range , I let it run for 2 passes to check for consistency and it did good.

So the GPU is working fine, the CPU seems to be working fine but only in benchmarks , the temps are ok on both, the motherboard must be fine otherwise the computer wouldn't work( right?)....maybe the drives are faulty, maybe the read speeds are too low and that's why i get low fps.

I decided to install warzone on the SATA instead of the M.2.
I unisntall warzone, reinstall it on the SATA ( all this time download speeds are really good, just as expected (100 megabytes/ second on a 1Gbps connection). I launch the game and i get super high fps. My "in match" fps is of about 120 constantly , no drops . I thought that  figured it out, I thought the NVMe drive was running too hot so it throttled itself.

So I turn on R6 Siege for validation but now Siege runs just as well. What the actual fuck I say to myself. So everything was good now. I go to sleep and the next morning I fire up my computer and now the FPS is lower than it was yesterday when it ran badly. Now I get 40fps at best in both siege and Warzone also Wrazone keeps restarting my PC. After tweaking, uninstalling and reinstalling nvidia drivers Warzone does not restart my computer however "in match fps" dropped to 20-30.

What I plan on doing next:
- Check for CPU under-utilisation bugs
- Run a RAM test to check for any faulty RAM
- Run GPU bechmark to see if in benchmarks performance is on par with internet results
- Get a new windows install on the SATA SSD , maybe a faulty windows installation or something wrong with the nvme drive affects windows which in turn affects fps. -unfortunately i do not have other computer parts to swap and rule them out individualy.

The reason why I think this is a software(software+hardware) issue is that last night it ran well after installing Warzone on the SATA drive which means all these components can perform at their maximum capabilities( so it's not faulty hardware) The only variable when I did this change was the drive, but even then the nvme ran good as well.

Please help , I am desperate.

Later Edit:

I tried swapping the GPU power cable . I was using one of those calbes that at the end it splits into 2 x 8pin . I swapped it for 2 separate cables ( of the same type but only connected one of the 8pins from each). It didn't fix the problem.
Someone suggested that i stress test components individually . Is tarted with the GPU. 
Used Furmark  with the 1080p preset( I only have 1080p monitor) and while the temps were decent ( 60 celsius)  I got a score of only 6000 while results on the internet placed the 3070 somewhere in the 10-11000 range. So i tried running it again and it restarted my computer mid benchmark.
I think there is something wron with the GPU , the PSU or both. Either the PSU can't feed enough power or the GPU can't draw enough. Next I will try plugging the power cables into different ports on the PSU.

Hmmm did you try looking if the game had a fps limit? If not I'm not sure I haven't had this happen to me.

• 3 weeks later...

Ok, I registered just to answer your post, because I thought I'm going crazy. Reading through Nvidia forum and reddit it appears to be a driver issue. What frustrates me is that Nvidia won't even acknowledge it and despite multiple posts on their forum it's not even mentioned in known bugs. 

I have 3070 and 15-9600k (currently @4.8GHz, but I tested it multiple times with stock clocks).
On the first day the 3070 was performing awesome, just as I expected. Stable 144+ fps in Overwatch, ~80 fps in Quake 2 RTX, etc. Just as in benchmarks. Well, next day I want to show my friend how awesome Q2 looks with RTX and am getting barely 20 fps. Overwatch sits at 90-120. Since then I swapped cables, got a new 750W PSU (fortunately I needed one anyway), reinstalled drivers, etc. Nothing worked. Even older games like Deus Ex: Mankind Divided barely works, not matter the settings. I spent last ~10 days trying to fix it to no avail.
None of the available drivers changed anything. I had 1070 before, and im most titles 3070 feels more like a downgrade now. Even if I hit higher than previously fps, I get occasional stutters that make it unplayable.
Were you able to fix it somehow? 

This video helped fix my issue. All games seem to think this proccesor has 16 threads? https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=muSXmzm783s

2 minutes ago, Vistim said:

Ok, I registered just to answer your post, because I thought I'm going crazy. Reading through Nvidia forum and reddit it appears to be a driver issue. What frustrates me is that Nvidia won't even acknowledge it and despite multiple posts on their forum it's not even mentioned in known bugs. 

I have 3070 and 15-9600k (currently @4.8GHz, but I tested it multiple times with stock clocks).
On the first day the 3070 was performing awesome, just as I expected. Stable 144+ fps in Overwatch, ~80 fps in Quake 2 RTX, etc. Just as in benchmarks. Well, next day I want to show my friend how awesome Q2 looks with RTX and am getting barely 20 fps. Overwatch sits at 90-120. Since then I swapped cables, got a new 750W PSU (fortunately I needed one anyway), reinstalled drivers, etc. Nothing worked. Even older games like Deus Ex: Mankind Divided barely works, not matter the settings. I spent last ~10 days trying to fix it to no avail.
None of the available drivers changed anything. I had 1070 before, and im most titles 3070 feels more like a downgrade now. Even if I hit higher than previously fps, I get occasional stutters that make it unplayable.

4 minutes ago, Vistim said:

This video helped fix my issue. All games seem to think this proccesor has 16 threads? https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=muSXmzm783s

On 11/18/2020 at 8:20 PM, fat_thor said:
Hello guys,
Yesterday I put togheter my first PC build :

- Ryzen 5 5600X with stock cooler and Thermal Grizzly Kryonaut paste
- ASUS TUF B550 PLUS ATX Motherboard
- G.Skill Trident Z RGB 16GB DDR4 3200MHz
- ASUS Dual OC RTX 3080
- Micron 2200 M.2 PCIE NVME 1TB ( took this from a Dell XPS 15 9750)
- Seagate Barracuda SATA SSD 1TB - Corsair RM 750x 2018 PSU ( 750watts 80+gold) White using the cables that came with the PSU
- Corsair 4000D with 2 corsair 120mm Corsair fans in the front and 1 in the back.

I have really low fps in games.
I tried Rainbow Six Siege and CoD MW Warzone and I can barely get 40 fps at 1080p on max settings which is really low considering that on various benchmarks on youtube the same build would get 140+ fps.
I feel like this is a software+hardware or even software only issue (explanation at the bottom).

Problems I encountered/solved with this build so far (skip past the next section , low fps issue discussed at the bottom):

-Stuck at POST screen, computer would not detect keyboard.
 SOLVED: Loaded BIOS update from ASUS website to FAT 32 USB flash drive and used BIOS FlashBack to upgrade BIOS (with the PC turned off,plug USB into BIOS USB port on motherboard and press the bios flashback button for 3 seconds and a green LED will start blinking on the mobo, when it stops it means it's done)

-Some of the SATA Ports do not detect the SATA SSD.
SOLVED: I tried different SATA ports ont he Motherboard and it works fine.

I have 2 games installed , R6 Siege and Warzone, Siege on the NVMe Drive and Warzone first on the M.2 then on the SATA. Last night after I completed the build , I installed windows and these 2 games. I fired up Siege and I was getting 80fps with everything maxed at 1080p but I had stuttering issues.

Then I fired up Warzone and I was getting about 40-50 fps at 1080p with everything maxed.
I had 200fps all the way from the activision logo to the point that I click on "find lobby" and then the computer has to actually work to render the walking soldier while it finds me a game.
I get in the game and the coolers start spinning faster on the CPU since the utilisation ramps up.
All this time the temperature on the CPU is around 60 Celsius.

Then the computer restarts itself. Weird ...

I do a GPU reseat , I make sure every power cable is tucked in place and I go again...same result.

I checked the GPU utilisation and it's sitting pretty decently at about 40% however the CPU utilisation was really low(probably bottlenecking the GPU hence the only40% utilistation).
Mind that the GPU had already been tested when I bought it on my frind's PC and it performed correctly.
So far i thought that I had a faulty CPU so i decide to benchmark it.
I hop on Cinebench 23 and the results are on par with internet found ones : somwhere in the 1500's range , I let it run for 2 passes to check for consistency and it did good.

So the GPU is working fine, the CPU seems to be working fine but only in benchmarks , the temps are ok on both, the motherboard must be fine otherwise the computer wouldn't work( right?)....maybe the drives are faulty, maybe the read speeds are too low and that's why i get low fps.

I decided to install warzone on the SATA instead of the M.2.
I unisntall warzone, reinstall it on the SATA ( all this time download speeds are really good, just as expected (100 megabytes/ second on a 1Gbps connection). I launch the game and i get super high fps. My "in match" fps is of about 120 constantly , no drops . I thought that  figured it out, I thought the NVMe drive was running too hot so it throttled itself.

So I turn on R6 Siege for validation but now Siege runs just as well. What the actual fuck I say to myself. So everything was good now. I go to sleep and the next morning I fire up my computer and now the FPS is lower than it was yesterday when it ran badly. Now I get 40fps at best in both siege and Warzone also Wrazone keeps restarting my PC. After tweaking, uninstalling and reinstalling nvidia drivers Warzone does not restart my computer however "in match fps" dropped to 20-30.

What I plan on doing next:
- Check for CPU under-utilisation bugs
- Run a RAM test to check for any faulty RAM
- Run GPU bechmark to see if in benchmarks performance is on par with internet results
- Get a new windows install on the SATA SSD , maybe a faulty windows installation or something wrong with the nvme drive affects windows which in turn affects fps. -unfortunately i do not have other computer parts to swap and rule them out individualy.

The reason why I think this is a software(software+hardware) issue is that last night it ran well after installing Warzone on the SATA drive which means all these components can perform at their maximum capabilities( so it's not faulty hardware) The only variable when I did this change was the drive, but even then the nvme ran good as well.

Please help , I am desperate.

Later Edit:

I tried swapping the GPU power cable . I was using one of those calbes that at the end it splits into 2 x 8pin . I swapped it for 2 separate cables ( of the same type but only connected one of the 8pins from each). It didn't fix the problem.
Someone suggested that i stress test components individually . Is tarted with the GPU. 
Used Furmark  with the 1080p preset( I only have 1080p monitor) and while the temps were decent ( 60 celsius)  I got a score of only 6000 while results on the internet placed the 3070 somewhere in the 10-11000 range. So i tried running it again and it restarted my computer mid benchmark.
I think there is something wron with the GPU , the PSU or both. Either the PSU can't feed enough power or the GPU can't draw enough. Next I will try plugging the power cables into different ports on the PSU.

13 minutes ago, Vistim said:

I went to a service and tried anoyher gpu and it performed as expected so i thought the gpu is broken and sent it in for warranty but thry store i bought it from it's kinda sketchy and now thry say they can't replicate it so....i really don't know what to say. I will press them to take ankther look then i guess I'll try to sell it and buy some other gpu.

Thanks! Nice video, and it appears to be a workaround for Warzone. I banged my head on the desk a little when she basically said "I don't know what this setting does, let's change it!", but at least some people can enjoy their games with good framerates. Nothing that would help in my case though, I don't play Warzone, and since it affects most titles I checked (with exception of Monster Hunter World for a reason I can't pinpoint), it's likely on a driver level.

I'm considering fresh Windows installation before CP2077 release. Or maybe I'll just completely move to Manjaro, never had issues there :|

I wish someone as big as LTT made a video/article giving voice to folks experiencing problems with RTX 3000 series, it looks widespread, and Nvidia won't even show a middle finger, they simply ignore all posts about it.
That's what I get for not listening to my own advice an being an early adopter. Should have stick with 1070 for 6 more months.

• 2 months later...
Exactly the same thing happens to me. I'm tired of testing if I play marvel
 I play at more than 170fps in ultra, but in warzone it doesn't go up to more than 30fps.
 What can I do? I'm desperate.