Jump to content
Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Based on latest third-party CPU & GPU review, which parts should I buy for my rig?

Budget (including currency): USD 1,500 / IDR 22,000,000 (USD 1 ~ IDR 14,200)

 

Country: Indonesia using Tokopedia.com (Amazon equivalent) or enterkomputer.com (microcenter equivalent)

 

Games, programs or workloads that it will be used for: 

I am planning to buy 27" 1440p 144hz like LG 27GL850 monitor and building my pc to complement it.

I will gaming single-player games like CP2077, RDR2, WD:L at high preset 1440p 60+ fps  and also multiplayer games like Overwatch, Valorant, and Dota2 at high preset 1440p 120+ fps

I am planning to get latest series of AMD CPU and AMD/NVIDIA GPU

I also considering either 16GB/32GB Ram and M.2 1TB/500GB for the system. Is it worth it?

 

Other details (existing parts lists, whether any peripherals are needed, what you're upgrading from, when you're going to buy, what resolution and refresh rate you want to play at, etc): 

Keyboard, headset, and mouse is ok. no need to change.

 

My Situation:

I will purchase these in December or January when the GPU supply stabilize and available in my country.

 

Previously user @Oswin suggested below rig build on similar topic when neither amd and nvidia reviews coming out yet. Link

 

CPU: AMD Ryzen 5 3600
MOTHERBOARD: MSI B450-A PRO MAX (Socket AM4)
MEMORY: Kingston Memory Module Long Dimm HyperX Furry 16GB 8x2 DDR4 3200 MHz
STORAGE: ADATA SSD XPG SX8200 PRO 1TB SX8200PRO 1 TB NVME M2 - 5 TAHUN
GPU: Sapphire Radeon RX 5700 XT 8GB DDR6 Pulse

PSU: Enermax Revolution D.F. 650W 80+ GOLD Full Modular Power Supply
CASE: Phanteks Eclipse P400A Tempered Glass Black

Total: Rp16.828.000 (before shipping)

 

Link to post
Share on other sites

Well CPU wise I would defenetly go with AMD right now especially because they do not want to change their socket as far as I know, which gives plenty of upgrade possibilitys in the future. GPU wise I would say it depends on if you really want RTX. I saw you are going to play CP2077 as soon as it comes out (which will probably take some time after their 3rd delay). If you want to play this and other games in with ray traycing I would defenetly go with the RTX 3070 or 3080 or maybe even with the 3060 TI as soon as it gets released (I think in January or something like that). If you don't care so much about ray traycing the AMD cards just have better price to performance as far as I know. 

The RAM, Storage and Case you choose are perfectly fine and I would also go with these or similar. But the PSU depends on what GPU you are going to get. Don't get me wwrong, 650 Watts are a lot but if you will get a RTX 3070 or 3060 TI or similar, you should at least get 750 Watts acourding to Nvidia.

 

I hope this answers your question.

But now, fellow gamers, that was it for me. Please keep in mind, that this is just my personal opionion and I am no expert. Your system shall be cooled forever, see you next time.

Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, JohanKjeldahl7 said:

Well CPU wise I would defenetly go with AMD right now especially because they do not want to change their socket as far as I know, which gives plenty of upgrade possibilitys in the future. GPU wise I would say it depends on if you really want RTX. I saw you are going to play CP2077 as soon as it comes out (which will probably take some time after their 3rd delay). If you want to play this and other games in with ray traycing I would defenetly go with the RTX 3070 or 3080 or maybe even with the 3060 TI as soon as it gets released (I think in January or something like that). If you don't care so much about ray traycing the AMD cards just have better price to performance as far as I know. 

The RAM, Storage and Case you choose are perfectly fine and I would also go with these or similar. But the PSU depends on what GPU you are going to get. Don't get me wwrong, 650 Watts are a lot but if you will get a RTX 3070 or 3060 TI or similar, you should at least get 750 Watts acourding to Nvidia.

 

I hope this answers your question.

Ray tracing is indeed something I am looking for since most of the time I will be playing newer games which support ray tracing and I would like to take advantage for it. Initially I thought Ryzen 5 5600x and RTX 3070 is good enough option. But I am not sure it is within budget or underbudget and can upgrade to better cpu or gpu

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, LZR said:

Ray tracing is indeed something I am looking for since most of the time I will be playing newer games which support ray tracing and I would like to take advantage for it. Initially I thought Ryzen 5 5600x and RTX 3070 is good enough option. But I am not sure it is within budget or underbudget and can upgrade to better cpu or gpu

I think if you use the 3070 for example you will be fine with a Ryzen 3600XT with 6 cores and 12 Threads which only costs about 60% of the price of a 5800X.

But now, fellow gamers, that was it for me. Please keep in mind, that this is just my personal opionion and I am no expert. Your system shall be cooled forever, see you next time.

Link to post
Share on other sites

Considering 5600X $299 and RTX 3070 $500 will be around $900 ~ $950 in my country due import tax and shipping fee. Is $600 will be enough for 16GB DDR4, compatible MOBO, M.2 SSD 500GB / 1Tb, and Sufficient Power Supply?

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, LZR said:

Considering 5600X $299 and RTX 3070 $500 will be around $900 ~ $950 in my country due import tax and shipping fee. Is $600 will be enough for 16GB DDR4, compatible MOBO, M.2 SSD 500GB / 1Tb, and Sufficient Power Supply?

Well lets asume the following:

16GB of RAM are about 80$ at a decent speed

1TB m.2 would be about 100 $

Motherboard: 100-150$ 

Power supply (I would go with 750 Watts): about 100-150$

That would be a total of 480$ if you choose decent quality parts. That would leave 120$ for either case or getting for example a more efficient power supply.

But now, fellow gamers, that was it for me. Please keep in mind, that this is just my personal opionion and I am no expert. Your system shall be cooled forever, see you next time.

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, JohanKjeldahl7 said:

That would leave 120$ for either case or getting for example a more efficient power supply.

for $120, I can prob squeeze in few buck more to upgrade from RTX 3070 $500 to RX 6800 XT $650 (Increase of $150) while still using Ryzen 5 5600x.

Would this a better idea or it just creating cpu bottleneck due cannot keep up with RX 6800 XT? if yes prob going for secondary SATA SSD 1TB+ for storing games or maybe better case / power supply like previously stated

Link to post
Share on other sites
6 minutes ago, LZR said:

for $120, I can prob squeeze in few buck more to upgrade from RTX 3070 $500 to RX 6800 XT $650 (Increase of $150) while still using Ryzen 5 5600x.

Would this a better idea or it just creating cpu bottleneck due cannot keep up with RX 6800 XT? if yes prob going for secondary SATA SSD 1TB+ for storing games or maybe better case / power supply like previously stated

Sorry, I made a mistake, so I edited this message:

You will definetly not have a CPU bottleneck with the 5600X if you pare it with any of the GPUs we were talking about.

Edited by JohanKjeldahl7

But now, fellow gamers, that was it for me. Please keep in mind, that this is just my personal opionion and I am no expert. Your system shall be cooled forever, see you next time.

Link to post
Share on other sites
8 minutes ago, JohanKjeldahl7 said:

You will definetly not have a CPU bottleneck with the 5600X if you pare it with any of the GPUs we were talking about.

Gotcha, I prob will looking around 5600X and pair it with 3070 or 6800xt. maybe if there is a deal I maybe grab 32GB kit Ram instead of 16GB as I heard from third party reviewer that the cpu benefit with larger ram size

Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, LZR said:

Gotcha, I prob will looking around 5600X and pair it with 3070 or 6800xt. maybe if there is a deal I maybe grab 32GB kit Ram instead of 16GB as I heard from third party reviewer that the cpu benefit with larger ram size

This is true, it also benefits from multi channel RAM as fas as I know. So if you have the choice, take multiple RAM sticks.

But now, fellow gamers, that was it for me. Please keep in mind, that this is just my personal opionion and I am no expert. Your system shall be cooled forever, see you next time.

Link to post
Share on other sites

Point here that if you're going for a ryzen 5000 series, you should be aiming for 3200Mhz ram as the sweet spot.

 

The 6800XT is on par with the 3080, but if you're budget constrained, you can look at the 6800 instead (although imo for like $70 more - i'd just try and squeeze the upgrade).

 

Worth noting that AMD say that when a ryzen 5000 series is paired with a 6000 series gpu, they have performance boosts.

 

If going ryzen 5000 series you're better off with a B550 board - basically the same price (you may need to update BIOS to ensure compatibility with ryzen 5000 series

Link to post
Share on other sites

I forgot to mention, I think AMD only promised to stick to AM4 socket for 5 years, and this was the 5th year, so they are potentially moving to AM5 next year, with DDR5 RAM. Although none of this has been confirmed.

Link to post
Share on other sites
6 minutes ago, Joe Down said:

Point here that if you're going for a ryzen 5000 series, you should be aiming for 3200Mhz ram as the sweet spot.

 

The 6800XT is on par with the 3080, but if you're budget constrained, you can look at the 6800 instead (although imo for like $70 more - i'd just try and squeeze the upgrade).

 

Worth noting that AMD say that when a ryzen 5000 series is paired with a 6000 series gpu, they have performance boosts.

 

If going ryzen 5000 series you're better off with a B550 board - basically the same price (you may need to update BIOS to ensure compatibility with ryzen 5000 series

 

4 minutes ago, Joe Down said:

I forgot to mention, I think AMD only promised to stick to AM4 socket for 5 years, and this was the 5th year, so they are potentially moving to AM5 next year, with DDR5 RAM. Although none of this has been confirmed.

I can only agree 100% on the points you said. Thank you for mentioning all these things! These were some really important points!

 

I would love to know where you read about the AM5 upgrade (possibly) next year, I would love to read/see/hear more about this. Especially because I don't want to make wrong recommendations about going for AM4 because I recommend this a lot, especially because of future upgradability.

But now, fellow gamers, that was it for me. Please keep in mind, that this is just my personal opionion and I am no expert. Your system shall be cooled forever, see you next time.

Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, JohanKjeldahl7 said:

 

I can only agree 100% on the points you said. Thank you for mentioning all these things! These were some really important points!

 

I would love to know where you read about the AM5 upgrade (possibly) next year, I would love to read/see/hear more about this. Especially because I don't want to make wrong recommendations about going for AM4 because I recommend this a lot, especially because of future upgradability.

I can't remember where exactly, might even have been Bitwit who said it. But just google "AMD AM5" and a whole raft on links come up showing it, and that zen4 will likely be AM5.

Link to post
Share on other sites
19 hours ago, Joe Down said:

Point here that if you're going for a ryzen 5000 series, you should be aiming for 3200Mhz ram as the sweet spot.

 

The 6800XT is on par with the 3080, but if you're budget constrained, you can look at the 6800 instead (although imo for like $70 more - i'd just try and squeeze the upgrade).

 

Worth noting that AMD say that when a ryzen 5000 series is paired with a 6000 series gpu, they have performance boosts.

 

If going ryzen 5000 series you're better off with a B550 board - basically the same price (you may need to update BIOS to ensure compatibility with ryzen 5000 series

Yeah, I originally wanting to pair it to 6800xt instead of 3080 or 3070 but from third-party reviewer such as Linus, Radeon doesn't play well with ray tracing or super sampling? (DLSS). Based on my games choices such as competitive multiplayer and latest single player games and my resolution preference of 1440p & 144Hz monitor. Is it worth it to get radeon over nvidia?

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, LZR said:

Yeah, I originally wanting to pair it to 6800xt instead of 3080 or 3070 but from third-party reviewer such as Linus, Radeon doesn't play well with ray tracing or super sampling? (DLSS). Based on my games choices such as competitive multiplayer and latest single player games and my resolution preference of 1440p & 144Hz monitor. Is it worth it to get radeon over nvidia?

Well if you want to play the latest single player games with ray tracing and DLSS definetly NVIDIA, If you want to save a buck or to - go with AMD. Especially if you want to go for 1440p 144Hz DLSS will definetly give you the performance boost you need to get 144 fps. 

But now, fellow gamers, that was it for me. Please keep in mind, that this is just my personal opionion and I am no expert. Your system shall be cooled forever, see you next time.

Link to post
Share on other sites
21 minutes ago, JohanKjeldahl7 said:

Well if you want to play the latest single player games with ray tracing and DLSS definetly NVIDIA, If you want to save a buck or to - go with AMD. Especially if you want to go for 1440p 144Hz DLSS will definetly give you the performance boost you need to get 144 fps. 

Yup, I will prob pair Ryzen 5 5600x with 3080 and I hope the cpu doesn't bottleneck on the gpu.

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, LZR said:

Yup, I will prob pair Ryzen 5 5600x with 3080 and I hope the cpu doesn't bottleneck on the gpu.

I think you are making the right choice here. Although I do not think either one of the parts will bottleneck the other one.

But now, fellow gamers, that was it for me. Please keep in mind, that this is just my personal opionion and I am no expert. Your system shall be cooled forever, see you next time.

Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

×