Toe to toe - 6800/6800XT reviews out

williamcll
9 hours ago, XenosTech said:

They probably can but as someone else said earlier in the thread, AMD's driver division probably doesn't have the resources to make most of that feature with software only, though it would be interesting to see how they do it either way.

AMD doesn't have the money? That was maybe the case few years ago. Clearly they have the cash now and also the know how given how RX 6000 rival RTX 3000 series without much problems. Interface itself is already light years ahead of archaic garbage NVIDIA has that hasn't been updated since 2006. And no, the "don't fix it if it ain't broken" doesn't apply here. NVIDIA's thing is clumsy, slow and glitchy. And it just looks absolutely terrible. Sure it eventually sets the selected settings fine, but I just want to slit my wrists every time I have to use it.

7 hours ago, RejZoR said:

AMD doesn't have the money? 

Resources as in talent to get it done properly. We already know hos AMD's drivers go, they start off horrendous then get better with each revision but seeing this is a step up from RDNA1 I'm glad to see there aren't a shit-ton of bugs or maybe that might be due to the low quantity that are actually in the hands of people who would use them and not scalpers.

7 hours ago, RejZoR said:

Interface itself is already light years ahead of archaic garbage NVIDIA has that hasn't been updated since 2006.

Yeah I wish they would update it already, it's really a pain how slow it is compared to intel's and AMD's own software.

CPU: Intel i7 7700K | GPU: ROG Strix GTX 1080Ti | PSU: Seasonic X-1250 (faulty) | Memory: Corsair Vengeance RGB 3200Mhz 16GB | OS Drive: Western Digital Black NVMe 250GB | Game Drive(s): Samsung 970 Evo 500GB, Hitachi 7K3000 3TB 3.5" | Motherboard: Gigabyte Z270x Gaming 7 | Case: Fractal Design Define S (No Window and modded front Panel) | Monitor(s): Dell S2716DG G-Sync 144Hz, Acer R240HY 60Hz (Dead) | Keyboard: G.SKILL RIPJAWS KM780R MX | Mouse: Steelseries Sensei 310 (Striked out parts are sold or dead, awaiting zen2 parts)