Corel VideoStudio vs Free VIdeo Editors?

Tarun10
Go to solution Solved by Ankh Tech,
Just now, Tarun10 said:

DaVinci is better than Corel right? Does the free version of Resolve have any export limitations?

No, the only difference between the free and paid, is the fact that you get better colour control, which isn't needed in a school project, and yes, Davinci is better than Corel

So I basically need a video editor for a school project. I have absolutely no experience. I already have a license for Corel VideoStudio Pro 2019 that I got for free with my camera. I also intend to dabble a bit more into video editing. Should I start working with VideoStudio or are there better free alternatives that have the same features? I don't hear Videostudio get mentioned a lot by professionals and it seems like options like LightWorks have more features. 

2 minutes ago, Tarun10 said:

So I basically need a video editor for a school project. I have absolutely no experience. I already have a license for Corel VideoStudio Pro 2019 that I got for free with my camera. I also intend to dabble a bit more into video editing. Should I start working with VideoStudio or are there better free alternatives that have the same features? I don't hear Videostudio get mentioned a lot by professionals and it seems like options like LightWorks have more features. 

Get the free Davinci Resolve, professional grade, otherwise you might as well get the corel too, because you have the license

1 minute ago, Ankh Tech said:

Get the free Davinci Resolve, professional grade, otherwise you might as well get the corel too, because you have the license

DaVinci is better than Corel right? Does the free version of Resolve have any export limitations?

Just now, Tarun10 said:

No, the only difference between the free and paid, is the fact that you get better colour control, which isn't needed in a school project, and yes, Davinci is better than Corel

Just now, Ankh Tech said:

Okay thanks a lot!