What is the difference between a modular psu and a non modular psu

progamer21

You will have all the cables in there permanently. Otherwise you can plug as many as you need and not the useless once. I hope you got one that can feed the Nvidia 3000 series and that is another advantage of modulars, you can change cables if something changes.

Also you can get sleeved cables for fun

1 minute ago, PeachGr said:

You will have all the cables in there permanently. Otherwise you can plug as many as you need and not the useless once. I hope you got one that can feed the Nvidia 3000 series and that is another advantage of modulars, you can change cables if something changes.

Also you can get sleeved cables for fun

ok so its just a hassle to have non modular

Modular will have connectors instead of a bundle of wires.

Spoiler

Fse9tjS.png

Non modular will have a bundle.

Spoiler

kxUIK7W.png

There's also semi modular, which generally has a hard wired 24 pin, some have 4/8 pin as well, and then has additional modular connects.

Spoiler

dzpSScR.png

Modular/semi modular help with cable management and less clutter. It also makes installation a bit easier on you. Other than that, there's no major benefits to one over the other.

~Remember to quote posts to continue support on your thread~
-Don't be this kind of person-

CPU:  AMD Ryzen 7 5800x | RAM: 2x16GB Crucial Ripjaws Z | Cooling: XSPC/EK/Bitspower loop | MOBO: Gigabyte x570 Aorus Master | PSU: Seasonic Prime 750 Titanium  

SSD: 250GB Samsung 980 PRO (OS) | 1TB Crucial MX500| 2TB Crucial P2 | Case: Phanteks Evolv X | GPU: EVGA GTX 1080 Ti FTW3 (with EK Block) | HDD: 1x Seagate Barracuda 2TB

1 minute ago, yaboistar said:

Black Corsair VS450 450-Watt Power Supply, Rs 700 /piece Pinnacle Laptop  Solutions | ID: 20257005912

non modular

Corsair CP-9020102-UK CX550M 550 W 80+ Bronze Certified ATX Po Wer Supply  Unit: Amazon.co.uk: Computers & Accessories

semi modular

Corsair RMx 850 W 80+ Gold Certified Fully Modular ATX Power Supply  (CP-9020093-NA) - PCPartPicker

fully modular

nevermind @Semper got there first just as i posted this

k thx

2 minutes ago, progamer21 said:

ok so its just a hassle to have non modular

sometimes, but in cases with lots of room it doesn't matter at all, they can just be tucked away

I WILL find your ITX build thread, and I WILL recommend the SIlverstone Sugo SG13B

Primary PC:

i7 8086k - EVGA Z370 Classified K - G.Skill Trident Z RGB - WD SN750 - Jedi Order Titan Xp - Hyper 212 Black (with RGB Riing flair) - EVGA G3 650W - dual booting Windows 10 and Linux - Black and green theme, Razer brainwashed me.

Draws 400 watts under max load, for reference.

How many watts do I needATX 3.0 & PCIe 5.0 spec, PSU misconceptions, protections explainedgroup reg is bad

4 minutes ago, Fasauceome said:

sometimes, but in cases with lots of room it doesn't matter at all, they can just be tucked away

ok

7 minutes ago, Fasauceome said:

Should i be ok with this case I heard it was roomy

Screenshot 2020-11-16 at 12.30.31 PM.png

13 minutes ago, progamer21 said:

Should i be ok with this case I heard it was roomy

Screenshot 2020-11-16 at 12.30.31 PM.png

certainly appears to have a very large basement for excess cables. I've used cases similar to it and stuffed many a PSU cable down there.

I WILL find your ITX build thread, and I WILL recommend the SIlverstone Sugo SG13B

Primary PC:

i7 8086k - EVGA Z370 Classified K - G.Skill Trident Z RGB - WD SN750 - Jedi Order Titan Xp - Hyper 212 Black (with RGB Riing flair) - EVGA G3 650W - dual booting Windows 10 and Linux - Black and green theme, Razer brainwashed me.

Draws 400 watts under max load, for reference.

How many watts do I needATX 3.0 & PCIe 5.0 spec, PSU misconceptions, protections explainedgroup reg is bad

1 minute ago, Fasauceome said:

certainly appears to have a very large basement for excess cables. I've used cases similar to it and stuffed many a PSU cable down there.

yay :')