AMD Radeon 6000 Stock "Seems Pretty Terrible" According to Hardware Unboxed

Random_Person1234
Go to solution Solved by Random_Person1234,

UPDATE: Microcenter has said that RX6800 stock "will be extremely limited at launch."

https://videocardz.com/newz/microcenter-radeon-rx-6800-stock-will-be-extremely-limited-at-launch

Just wait a few more damn months. You aren't going to die if you are unable to buy a card now.

____________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

____________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

pythonmegapixel

into tech, public transport and architecture // amateur programmer // youtuber // beginner photographer

Thanks for reading all this by the way!

By the way, my desktop is a docked laptop. Get over it, No seriously, I have an exterrnal monitor, keyboard, mouse, headset, ethernet and cooling fans all connected. Using it feels no different to a desktop, it works for several hours if the power goes out, and disconnecting just a few cables gives me something I can take on the go. There's enough power for all games I play and it even copes with basic (and some not-so-basic) video editing. Give it a go - you might just love it.

4 hours ago, LAwLz said:

Did we even get any here in Sweden?

I am looking around in several scores and the only thing I can find is that Komplett are selling a prebuilt system with them in it. But those systems are out of stock as well...

https://www.komplett.se/search?q=rx+6800

Dustin, Alina, inet, CDON... No store are even advertising that they have launched.

Only Webhallen released them. 

Corsair iCUE 4000X RGB

ASUS ROG STRIX B550-E GAMING

Ryzen 5900X

Corsair Hydro H150i Pro 360mm AIO

Ballistix 32GB (4x8GB) 3600MHz CL16 RGB

Samsung 980 PRO 1TB

Samsung 970 EVO 1TB

Gigabyte RTX 3060 Ti GAMING OC

Corsair RM850X

Predator XB273UGS QHD IPS 165 Hz

iPhone 13 Pro 128GB Graphite

On 11/19/2020 at 5:38 PM, spartaman64 said:

well keep in mind this is just the reference card launch. usually the AIB partners combined get a much bigger share of the chips but ofc we dont know for sure and maybe amd decided to keep all of them for themselves lol

On 11/19/2020 at 5:48 PM, GDRRiley said:

people who have inside contacts are saying 2/3-3/4 of dies were given to AIB versions which launch in 1 week

I am back from the future.

How does it feel to be so incredibly wrong?

Also, whoever had that "inside contract" is a liar. Was it MLID? That guy is more useless than a broken clock. At least the clock is right two times a day.

5 hours ago, LAwLz said:

I am back from the future.

How does it feel to be so incredibly wrong?

Also, whoever had that "inside contract" is a liar. Was it MLID? That guy is more useless than a broken clock. At least the clock is right two times a day.

well like i said maybe amd decided to keep them for themselves Kappa and i never said for sure the shelves will be flowing with gpus its just something to keep in mind

1 hour ago, spartaman64 said:

well like i said maybe amd decided to keep them for themselves Kappa and i never said for sure the shelves will be flowing with gpus its just something to keep in mind

Id like to know your reasoning for why amd would keep the cards to themselves? No, you didn’t, but this is way worse than nvidias launch. From what I’ve read and heard, nvidia had at least 5x more stock than amd for launch

3 minutes ago, RotoCoreOne said:

Id like to know your reasoning for why amd would keep the cards to themselves? No, you didn’t, but this is way worse than nvidias launch. From what I’ve read and heard, nvidia had at least 5x more stock than amd for launch

by that i meant maybe they wont give many to the AIB partners which is what happened it seemed.