140 Revo D5 Pump Speed 'revving' despite fan curve config

wANKER

I'm having a problem where my 140 Revo D5 seems to completely ignore my fan curve set in the BIOS (set to 30% constantly). 

It's seems to be if it gets to around 80c or so, it increases the speed to 100% for about 5 seconds then goes back to the 30% - i don't know if it goes back when the temp has dropped, or if it's just a fixed period (it seems to be about the same amount of time every time). 

I don't know why it's increasing speed when I have it set in the Asus QFAN config to be at 30% regardless of sensor temp....

Any suggestions? 

Update: It doesn't even seem to have anything to do with temps. Just came out of a game just now, temps have dropped to around 55, and it's done it again. 

I'll try get a recording. 

DISCLAIMER 

Everything i say is my own opinion. So if you disagree with what I post, you are wrong. 

22 minutes ago, wANKER said:

I'm having a problem where my 140 Revo D5 seems to completely ignore my fan curve set in the BIOS (set to 30% constantly). 

It's seems to be if it gets to around 80c or so, it increases the speed to 100% for about 5 seconds then goes back to the 30% - i don't know if it goes back when the temp has dropped, or if it's just a fixed period (it seems to be about the same amount of time every time). 

I don't know why it's increasing speed when I have it set in the Asus QFAN config to be at 30% regardless of sensor temp....

Any suggestions? 

Update: It doesn't even seem to have anything to do with temps. Just came out of a game just now, temps have dropped to around 55, and it's done it again. 

I'll try get a recording. 

Asus motherboards have safety features that ramp most fans to 100% when the BIOS detects temps over 75 degrees for sensors tied to CPU temperature (iirc). To get around this for a custom loops, you should install a 2-pin temperature sensor for the loop and have your fans and pump tied to this instead (usually called T_SENSOR1)

1 hour ago, For Science! said:

Asus motherboards have safety features that ramp most fans to 100% when the BIOS detects temps over 75 degrees for sensors tied to CPU temperature (iirc). To get around this for a custom loops, you should install a 2-pin temperature sensor for the loop and have your fans and pump tied to this instead (usually called T_SENSOR1)

So turns out you were correct about it being the 75c critical temp that was turning it to full (strange but this isn't shown in the options in Q-Fan)

Anyway I tried out AI Suite and Fan XPert, turns out you can override it in there :) 

DISCLAIMER 

Everything i say is my own opinion. So if you disagree with what I post, you are wrong.