Anidees RGB fans and PWM control

Trist100
Go to solution Solved by LogicalDrm,

For one, you can use any PWM header on mobo, not limited to CPU fan.

Using GPU as source for temperature readings is possible if mobo supports it. But mobo's own software or BIOS might not, so that may need 3rd party software. Saying this as someone whose intakes are using GPU temp as control point.

In reality, its unlikely that your GPU would heat up in a way where CPU wouldn't. I can only think of synthetic loads where that would happen.

I don't recommend using splitters if you are using controller. Better way is to connect CPU fan to controller too. But since that "controller" looks more like hub (no individual fan control), better just have it in some other fan header than CPU one.

Hello!

I need some help, i'm looking to buy these fans. I'm on a bit of a budget but i do want some RGB fans. Everything looks good and i would be intrested in purchasing these fans.

https://www.amazon.ca/gp/product/B07X6Q138G/ref=ox_sc_act_title_1?smid=A2SKLYQ83LYZE7&psc=1

The only catch is that the supplied rgb/fan controller uses pwm from the CPU fan header. My fans will ramp up if my CPU gets hot, but what about my graphics card? My GPU could be at 70C but my cpu only at 50c and my fans wouldn't ramp up to keep the GPU temps down. Right? How would i go around that? 

Also how would my CPU cooler fan know how hot my CPU is if i have to plug the controller into my CPU fan header? The cpu fan would just need to be plugged into a normal fan header. Could i just use a fan spliter and just connect it to one CPU fan header and then all my case fans and CPU fan would be working together?

I know it seems confusing, i'm trying to explain the best i can, i will anwser any questions to help make it less confusing.

As always, Thanks for all the help :)

For one, you can use any PWM header on mobo, not limited to CPU fan.

Using GPU as source for temperature readings is possible if mobo supports it. But mobo's own software or BIOS might not, so that may need 3rd party software. Saying this as someone whose intakes are using GPU temp as control point.

In reality, its unlikely that your GPU would heat up in a way where CPU wouldn't. I can only think of synthetic loads where that would happen.

I don't recommend using splitters if you are using controller. Better way is to connect CPU fan to controller too. But since that "controller" looks more like hub (no individual fan control), better just have it in some other fan header than CPU one.

^^^^ That's my post ^^^^
<-- This is me --- That's your scrollbar -->
vvvv Who's there? vvvv