Should i wait for gen 3 CPU to be back in stock or buy a gen 2 CPU.

So i was planning on building a a new PC for gen 3 but i heard from some people that gen 3 won't be back in stock constantly until March of next year. Same thing with new GPU. I had my eyes on 5900x because of 12 core which im going use for cad and some gaming too. If I brought a CPU it would be a 3700x or 3900x. Should I wait for a couple months or just go ahead and buy a CPU.

5 minutes ago, justinislit said:

Should I wait for a couple months or just go ahead and buy a CPU.

thats , a question we should be asking you not you us.....

can you wait a couple months?

do you need the pref now? Then buy now. Are you willing to wait for a lot more? Buy then.

I could use some help with this!

please, pm me if you would like to contribute to my gpu bios database (includes overclocking bios, stock bios, and upgrades to gpus via modding)

Bios database

My beautiful, but not that powerful, main PC:

prior build:

Spoiler

If you know you're going AMD, then I would advise purchasing the MB now. You can always wait for a Zen 3, or if you need it sooner, go for a Zen 2. The concern being that once Zen 3 in stock, those will fly off the shelf along with MBs to support them.

The only problem is there is a limited return period. So if you find out you have a problem with the MB, you might have to talk with the vendor rather then just return it from the store you bought it from. So keep that in mind too.

Just buy x570/b550 and a super cheap zen 2 processor then upgrade to zen 3 whenever they come in stock 

CPU-AMD Ryzen 7 7800X3D GPU- RTX 4070 SUPER FE MOBO-ASUS ROG Strix B650E-E Gaming Wifi RAM-32gb G.Skill Trident Z5 Neo DDR5 6000cl30 STORAGE-2x1TB Seagate Firecuda 530 PCIE4 NVME PSU-Corsair RM1000x Shift COOLING-EK-AIO 360mm with 3x Lian Li P28 + 4 Lian Li TL120 (Intake) CASE-Phanteks NV5 MONITORS-ASUS ROG Strix XG27AQ 1440p 170hz+Gigabyte G24F 1080p 180hz PERIPHERALS-Lamzu Maya+ 4k Dongle+LGG Saturn Pro Mousepad+Nk65 Watermelon (Tangerine Switches)+Autonomous ErgoChair+ AUDIO-RODE NTH-100+Schiit Magni Heresy+Motu M2 Interface