What are some lesser known hardware manufacturers that have good quality items?

Filingo

For example while looking for a RTX 3070 I came across Gainward, and after asking a few people they said they are using some of their GPUs for years without problem. Any others?

I think Gainward is the Europe branch of Palit, which is one the top AIB for Nvidia cards here in Asia

Remember! Reality Is An Illusion, The Universe Is A Hologram, Buy GOLD! Byeeee!!!

1 minute ago, Filingo said:

Oh nice, by the way also heard of one called "INNO3D"

Also well known AIB in Asia. They cooler design is crazy AF

Remember! Reality Is An Illusion, The Universe Is A Hologram, Buy GOLD! Byeeee!!!

2 minutes ago, WojciechSasky said:

Biostar's motherboards are pretty good for the price as well but I used to have one and it's voltage readings were all over the place.

Biostar used to be very popular here in Asia. But since kaby lake their product stack is kinda meh... And fell out of favor with ASRock

4 minutes ago, PiberiusWilde said:

Biostar used to be very popular here in Asia. But since kaby lake their product stack is kinda meh... And fell out of favor with ASRock

I used to have Biostar X570GT8 - very solid mobo for the price, but it's voltage readings were all over the place so I returned it. I also had Z270GT8 but I sold it to my friend, he's still rocking it with i7 6700k.

Gainward.

KFA2

Club3D

Foxconn (motherboards)

Point of View

My computer for gaming & work. AMD Ryzen 3600x with XFR support on - Arctic Cooling LF II - ASUS Prime X570-P - Gigabyte 5700XT - 32GB Geil Orion 3600 - Crucial P1 1TB NVME - Crucial BX 500 SSD - EVGA GQ 650w - NZXT Phantom 820 Gun Metal Grey colour - Samsung C27FG73FU monitor - Blue snowball mic - External best connectivity 24 bit/ 96khz DAC headphone amp -Pioneer SE-205 headphone - Focal Auditor 130mm speakers in custom sealed boxes - inPhase audio XT 8 V2 wired at 2ohm 300RMS custom slot port compact box - Vibe Audio PowerBox 400.1

1 minute ago, Filingo said:

KFA2 website looks suspiciously similar to GALAX https://www.galax.com/en/

European GALAX ;)

My computer for gaming & work. AMD Ryzen 3600x with XFR support on - Arctic Cooling LF II - ASUS Prime X570-P - Gigabyte 5700XT - 32GB Geil Orion 3600 - Crucial P1 1TB NVME - Crucial BX 500 SSD - EVGA GQ 650w - NZXT Phantom 820 Gun Metal Grey colour - Samsung C27FG73FU monitor - Blue snowball mic - External best connectivity 24 bit/ 96khz DAC headphone amp -Pioneer SE-205 headphone - Focal Auditor 130mm speakers in custom sealed boxes - inPhase audio XT 8 V2 wired at 2ohm 300RMS custom slot port compact box - Vibe Audio PowerBox 400.1

For accessories and peripherals ;

Havit (bought a mouse)

Mpow (bought headphones)

TaoTronics(never bought anything)

Anker (bought tons of stuff)

Ugreen (bought tons of stuff)

Aukey (never bought anything)

If you need help with your forum account, please use the Forum Support form !

On 11/14/2020 at 3:51 PM, PiberiusWilde said:

I think Gainward is the Europe branch of Palit, which is one the top AIB for Nvidia cards here in Asia

Fraid not as palit cards have been available in the UK for years.

Kingston SATA SSDs have served me well so far, and they tend to cost less than the more known brands. 

Ryzen 1600x @4GHz

Asus GTX 1070 8GB @1900MHz

16 GB HyperX DDR4 @3000MHz

Asus Prime X370 Pro

Samsung 860 EVO 500GB

Noctua NH-U14S

Seasonic M12II 620W

+ four different mechanical drives.

On 11/14/2020 at 9:27 AM, NineEyeRon said:

GSkill never get the love they deserve.

One thing I've never liked about GSkil RAM is I find a lot of the aesthetic to be gamer grade. I am sure the product quality is fine but I like the more subdued aesthetic of the Non RGB Corsair Vengeance or Kingston HyperX.

CPU: Intel i7 - 5820k @ 4.5GHz, Cooler: Corsair H80i, Motherboard: MSI X99S Gaming 7, RAM: Corsair Vengeance LPX 32GB DDR4 2666MHz CL16,

GPU: ASUS GTX 980 Strix, Case: Corsair 900D, PSU: Corsair AX860i 860W, Keyboard: Logitech G19, Mouse: Corsair M95, Storage: Intel 730 Series 480GB SSD, WD 1.5TB Black

Display: BenQ XL2730Z 2560x1440 144Hz

1 hour ago, trag1c said:

One thing I've never liked about GSkil RAM is I find a lot of the aesthetic to be gamer grade. I am sure the product quality is fine but I like the more subdued aesthetic of the Non RGB Corsair Vengeance or Kingston HyperX.

They do make stuff that isn't unicorn vomit, the Ripjaws/Flare & Sniper X/Fortis were non-RGB RAM

Even the original Trident Z were pretty minimalist looking, until they went crazy with the Trident Z RGB/Royal/Neo 

CPU: AMD Ryzen 5 3600  Heatsink: ID-Cooling Frostflow X GPU: Zotac GTX 1060 Mini 6GB RAM: KLEVV Bolt 3600Mhz (2x8GB) Mobo: ASUS B550-F ROG Strix (Wifi)  Case: Fractal Design Meshify C PSU: Deepcool DQ-M-V2L

On 11/14/2020 at 5:26 PM, wkdpaul said:

For accessories and peripherals ;

Havit (bought a mouse)

Mpow (bought headphones)

TaoTronics(never bought anything)

Anker (bought tons of stuff)

Ugreen (bought tons of stuff)

Aukey (never bought anything)

Agree with this list, i have used Anker & UGreen (Bought s replacement camera battery from Ugreen)

I don't know if someone is already aware of "UMIDIGI" who produces smartphones and smart wearables. I recently go to know about them and it seems that they have good products. I haven't purchased anything form this brand yet. But keep searching since I need to buy a smartphone.

Has anyone had a bad experience with Galax? Here in Australia Galax graphics cards are always a bit cheaper than most well known brands and I'm considering purchasing a Galax card but I am a bit apprehensive.

geil (i used their RAM back in the Core2 days. it still works to this day arpox 12 years later. (along with the gigabyte motherboard)

16 hours ago, BigRom said:

They do make stuff that isn't unicorn vomit, the Ripjaws/Flare & Sniper X/Fortis were non-RGB RAM

Even the original Trident Z were pretty minimalist looking, until they went crazy with the Trident Z RGB/Royal/Neo 

Ya I haven't looked in a while as I just don't follow computer components besides CPU's and GPU's as much as I used to. I am not even against RGB per se but it has to be within reason which goes for anything I buy. I probably wouldn't mind the Trident Z RGB/Royal/Neo if they made the top of the light diffusion material opaque so that is providing area lighting out of the sides and not the wall of unicorn vomit. Kinda like a RGB Dominator Platinum stick if they didn't have the LED's showing through the top of the heat spreader.

CPU: Intel i7 - 5820k @ 4.5GHz, Cooler: Corsair H80i, Motherboard: MSI X99S Gaming 7, RAM: Corsair Vengeance LPX 32GB DDR4 2666MHz CL16,

GPU: ASUS GTX 980 Strix, Case: Corsair 900D, PSU: Corsair AX860i 860W, Keyboard: Logitech G19, Mouse: Corsair M95, Storage: Intel 730 Series 480GB SSD, WD 1.5TB Black

Display: BenQ XL2730Z 2560x1440 144Hz