Windows applications are getting installed in C:\Users\MyName\AppData\Roaming\Microsoft\Windows\Start Menu\Programs\

Dandapani

After getting a SSD i did a fresh install of windows in the new SSD drive partition that i had made earlier. 

I am installing all the apps back and now, im not getting the option to choose the installation and apps are getting installed under C:\Users\MyName\AppData\Roaming\Microsoft\Windows\Start Menu\Programs\

and not under c>programs files or c>programs files x84. 

Can anyone help me understand what must be done to avoid this ? 

Note: I have the old HDD connected to the pc as internal storage and it has the old version of windows 10 installed in it. I haven't formatted it yet. 

9 minutes ago, Dandapani said:

After getting a SSD i did a fresh install of windows in the new SSD drive partition that i had made earlier. 

I am installing all the apps back and now, im not getting the option to choose the installation and apps are getting installed under C:\Users\MyName\AppData\Roaming\Microsoft\Windows\Start Menu\Programs\

Note: I have the old HDD connected to the pc as internal storage and it has the old version of windows 10 installed in it. I haven't formatted it yet. 

Installation should ALWAYS be in Program Files; DOWNLOADS may not be...

EDIT:

BEFORE you install anything else; disconnect the (old) HDD - if that fixes the issue, you had a boot drive conflict.

I frequently edit any posts you may quote; please check for anything I 'may' have added.

Did you test boot it, before you built in into the case?

WHY NOT...?!

1 minute ago, Eighjan said:

Installation should ALWAYS be in Program Files; DOWNLOADS may not be...

but they are not getting installed under Program files. Also im not seeing the choice to set a custom install location. they are by default going to the above mentioned location

1 minute ago, Dandapani said:

but they are not getting installed under Program files. Also im not seeing the choice to set a custom install location. they are by default going to the above mentioned location

See EDIT, above.

I frequently edit any posts you may quote; please check for anything I 'may' have added.

Did you test boot it, before you built in into the case?

WHY NOT...?!

12 minutes ago, Dandapani said:

I am not sure what the issue here but I think while installing Windows, you might have caused some issue during the partition, It's also possible that the tool might have been confused by both windows. 

Fix (Not the best) : Assuming you have backed up your data somewhere, you should wipe out both the SSD and HDD and reinstall windows properly.