Multiple monitor problem Acer Predator Helios 300 PH317-52 

Mediavisuals

I want to connect two external monitors to my Acer Predator Helios 300 "Bought in 2018"  Check full specs + setup picture below. 

The first monitor connects just fine with the build in HDMI port. For the second one i bought a USB C to HDMI hub (usb 3.1 Type C Reversible connector). It did not work. I figured out it does not send any video signal. I tried the USB 3.0. Still no luck. Ethernet is a little to hard for me. Did not try it out yet.I tried to figure out if a egpu would work but they connect through a thunderbolt connection. Connecting one from the inside is something I am looking at right now. But i am a little bit scared that i will destroy the laptop. Also after watching the video from linus about making your own egpu doesn't let me feel save about it. I am not an IT persoon. I Edit video's. 

Could someone help me out or give me some tips? I don't need a big GPU. Just need some extra HDMI/Displayports. 

With love from Holland!

Joël Paesens

Laptop specs:

Acer Predator Helios 300 PH317-52 

NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1050Ti

Intel(R) Core(TM) i7-8750H CPU @ 2.20GHz, 2208 MHz, 6 core('s), 12 logische processor(s)

USB 3.1 (Type C Connector)

setup.jpeg

• 2 months later...

Hello, Mediavisuals

I had the same problem. I wanted to use totally three monitors simultaneously as seperate widows each.

1. my Laptop screen

2. Samsung monitor 24"

3. Dell monitor 24"

I connected Samsung to normal HDMI port. it just worked as normal.

When i again connected Dell by hdmi to USB C port it doesn't recognize. and our laptop helios 300 doen't support video out through usb c.

so i had asked a tech guy to solve this.

he mentioned that our graphics card supports two display outs (Laptop screen and Monitor) and if third is required seperate gpu is required.

Still i am trying to find ways to do the job...

if you found out something please mail me at "harishankarghs@gmail.com" anytime.

• 2 weeks later...
On 11/14/2020 at 2:47 PM, Mediavisuals said:

I want to connect two external monitors to my Acer Predator Helios 300 "Bought in 2018"  Check full specs + setup picture below. 

The first monitor connects just fine with the build in HDMI port. For the second one i bought a USB C to HDMI hub (usb 3.1 Type C Reversible connector). It did not work. I figured out it does not send any video signal. I tried the USB 3.0. Still no luck. Ethernet is a little to hard for me. Did not try it out yet.I tried to figure out if a egpu would work but they connect through a thunderbolt connection. Connecting one from the inside is something I am looking at right now. But i am a little bit scared that i will destroy the laptop. Also after watching the video from linus about making your own egpu doesn't let me feel save about it. I am not an IT persoon. I Edit video's. 

Could someone help me out or give me some tips? I don't need a big GPU. Just need some extra HDMI/Displayports. 

With love from Holland!

Joël Paesens

Laptop specs:

Acer Predator Helios 300 PH317-52 

NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1050Ti

Intel(R) Core(TM) i7-8750H CPU @ 2.20GHz, 2208 MHz, 6 core('s), 12 logische processor(s)

USB 3.1 (Type C Connector)

setup.jpeg

Like in the post before your GPU does not support 3 Displays. You could try a hdmi splitter so you make two ports out of one. But i will not say to 100% that that will work. Annother way to fix this Problem would be getting another Monitor. You can get very good 2K Ultra Wide monitors from LG for around 300 Bucks, then you would have a bigger Screen Size and it is just one monitor so that should work. But i don't know if this is a soulotion for you. I am editing on an Ultra Wide for 3 months and I just love it. When you get a 38" Monitor you have about 83cm for you time line and there is nothing better than you time line being 83cm long. 🙂

• 1 year later...

Found the answer.....get a j5create USB Multi-Monitor Adapter. You are looking for the blue USB port is also known as USB 3.0 or SuperSpeed (SS) USB! !!!!!!!NOT THE C PORT!!!!! Learned through trial and error!