motherboard with 3 x PCI Express 4.0 x16

Gazerious

Budget (including currency): 

Games, programs or workloads that it will be used for: 

Other details (existing parts lists, whether any peripherals are needed, what you're upgrading from, when you're going to buy, what resolution and refresh rate you want to play at, etc): 

Hey guys, I have a Question
i ]lan to build a TRX40 TR3990X with an RTX 3090 and AMD Radeon 6900X but it will also have AORUS Gen4 AIC SSD 8TB
what do you suggest for PCI-E cards Layout?
And please, if someone knows an AM4 Socket motherboard with PCIe 4.0 x16/x8/x16/x8 let me know

and please with which CPU i can use full power of crucial 5100 ram???????????????

What is this system for?

Also amd just caps out at 3800 mhz as their memclock stops at 1900mhz (so 3800 for memspeed) so getting faster ram tends to have a little worse performance.

There are a fair few 2 x16 2x8 4.0 boards so you have plenty to pick from really just depends on what other addin cards you would put in and what cooling you'd have. Which I'd also like to know so I can give a correct board for your usecase.

You won't find an AM4 motherboard like that, because there's simply not enough pci-e lanes to do what you want.

You have 20 lanes from CPU and 8 lanes from chipset ... 16 out of 20 go to first pci-e x16 (or 2 x8 slots),  the x4 goes to the first m.2 connector, and the 8 chipset lanes are usually split between a pci-e x4 in x16 slot, a m.2 and several pci-e x1 slots.

Your best bet is to pick an x570 board that can split the x16 for video cards into 2  pci-e 4.0 x8 , and a third pci-e x16 slot connected at pci-e x4 to the chipset, where you can install that SSD.

For a lot of things, the most recent 5xxx processors will be way better than Threadripper, so it would probably be best to go with such solution.

What may work ... but you'll have to pay attention to spacing between pci-e x16 slots, because the nvidia cards are THICK

X570 AORUS PRO (rev. 1.0) Key Features | Motherboard - GIGABYTE Global

Overview MEG X570 UNIFY | MSI Global

X570 AORUS ULTRA (rev. 1.0) Key Features | Motherboard - GIGABYTE Global

and others... go to a store like newegg, filter to see only boards with x570 chipset, then look at the pretty pictures and check the boards with 3 or more pci-e x16 slots with right spacing for what you want, then check specs (on mobo maker website) to see how the pci-e lanes are allocated between slots cause not all will switch the x16 into 2 pci-e x8 slots.

19 minutes ago, mariushm said:

You won't find an AM4 motherboard like that, because there's simply not enough pci-e lanes to do what you want.

You have 20 lanes from CPU and 8 lanes from chipset ... 16 out of 20 go to first pci-e x16 (or 2 x8 slots),  the x4 goes to the first m.2 connector, and the 8 chipset lanes are usually split between a pci-e x4 in x16 slot, a m.2 and several pci-e x1 slots.

Your best bet is to pick an x570 board that can split the x16 for video cards into 2  pci-e 4.0 x8 , and a third pci-e x16 slot connected at pci-e x4 to the chipset, where you can install that SSD.

For a lot of things, the most recent 5xxx processors will be way better than Threadripper, so it would probably be best to go with such solution.

What may work ... but you'll have to pay attention to spacing between pci-e x16 slots, because the nvidia cards are THICK

X570 AORUS PRO (rev. 1.0) Key Features | Motherboard - GIGABYTE Global

Overview MEG X570 UNIFY | MSI Global

X570 AORUS ULTRA (rev. 1.0) Key Features | Motherboard - GIGABYTE Global

and others... go to a store like newegg, filter to see only boards with x570 chipset, then look at the pretty pictures and check the boards with 3 or more pci-e x16 slots with right spacing for what you want, then check specs (on mobo maker website) to see how the pci-e lanes are allocated between slots cause not all will switch the x16 into 2 pci-e x8 slots.

I need two graphics one for graphic calculate one for other stuff. but today i have found a motherboard for multy gpu. but as you say lanes are not enough; check this out:  https://www.asrock.com/mb/AMD/X570 Taichi/index.asp#Specification which is x570. please comment on this one as well your help is critical 

Yeah it's a good board. A bit expensive though, but good.

It has pci-e x16 on first slot, which converts to x8 is second card is inserted

Third pci-e x16  slot is x8, but if install a ssd in the 3rd m.2 connector, the slot gets disabled. Look in the manual to see if it's either slot or m.2 connector - if so it sucks a bit, because other boards at least allow downgrade to pci-e x4 or x2  instead of disabling slot completely.

You want to read the manual (Download it from the website) to determine exactly what gets disabled when slots are all filled, or what gets downgraded to only pci-e x1 or 2 , or sometimes a number of sata ports get disabled if you install a nvme ssd in the 2nd m.2 connector.

Like I said, there's a finite number of pci-e lanes and internal (inside chipset) lanes, so sometimes (for example) to enable a m.2 connector they can disable the pci-e lane going to the controller inside the chipset which controls 2 or 4 sata ports.

2 minutes ago, mariushm said:

Third pci-e x16  slot is x8, but if install a ssd in the 3rd m.2 connector, the slot gets disabled. Look in the manual to see if it's either slot or m.2 connector - if so it sucks a bit, because other boards at least allow downgrade to pci-e x4 or x2  instead of disabling slot completely.

You want to read the manual (Download it from the website) to determine exactly what gets disabled when slots are all filled, or what gets downgraded to only pci-e x1 or 2 , or sometimes a number of sata ports get disabled if you install a nvme ssd in the 2nd m.2 connector.

Like I said, there's a finite number of pci-e lanes and internal (inside chipset) lanes, so sometimes (for example) to enable a m.2 connector they can disable the pci-e lane going to the controller inside the chipset which controls 2 or 4 sata ports.

this is getting hard for me, all i have found on asrock x570 which i think you have seen it. no mention of other stuff:
AMD Ryzen series CPUs (Matisse)
- 3 x PCI Express 4.0 x16 Slots (PCIE1/PCIE3/PCIE5: single at x16 (PCIE1); dual at x8 (PCIE1) / x8 (PCIE3); triple at x8 (PCIE1) / x8 (PCIE3) / x4 (PCIE5))*

AMD Ryzen series CPUs (Pinnacle Ridge)
- 3 x PCI Express x16 Slots (PCIE1/PCIE3/PCIE5: single at Gen3x16 (PCIE1); dual at Gen3x8 (PCIE1) / Gen3x8 (PCIE3); triple at Gen3x8 (PCIE1) / Gen3x8 (PCIE3) / Gen4x4 (PCIE5))*

AMD Ryzen series CPUs (Picasso)
- 1 x PCI Express 3.0 x16 Slot (single at x8 (PCIE1))*
- 1 x PCI Express 4.0 x16 Slot (single at x4 (PCIE5))*

- 2 x PCI Express 4.0 x1 Slots
- Supports AMD Quad CrossFireX™, 3-Way CrossFireX™ and CrossFireX™**
- Supports NVIDIA® Quad SLI™ and SLI™***
- Supports NVIDIA® NVLink™ with dual NVIDIA® GeForce RTX series graphics cards***
- 1 x Vertical M.2 Socket (Key E) with the bundled WiFi-802.11ax module (on the rear I/O)
- 15μ Gold Contact in VGA PCIe Slot (PCIE1)

*Supports NVMe SSD as boot disks

**3-Way CrossFireX™ is only supported with Ryzen Series CPUs (Matisse and Pinnacle Ridge).

***NVIDIA® NVLink™ Bridge does not come with the package. Please purchase it from NVIDIA® if necessary.
This feature is only supported with Ryzen Series CPUs (Matisse and Pinnacle Ridge).      

************This is what i want: *****************************
gen4 x16:    RTX 3090
gen4 x16:    AMD Radeon 6900X
gen4 x16:    AORUS Gen4 AIC SSD 8TB
is it possible?

18 minutes ago, mariushm said:

https://www.asrock.com/mb/search.asp?CPU=&Chipset=&Memory=&MultiGPU=SLI&PCIe4x16=&PCIe3x16=3 x PCIe 4.0 x16&PCIe2x16=&PCIe2x1=&PCIe1x16=&PCIe1x1=&PCI=&LAN=&Wireless=&Audio=&SATA3=&SAS=&SATA2=&SATAe=&USB3=&USB2=&Factor=&FrontUSB3=&Thunderbolt=&TBaic=&Firewire=&TPM=&Chassis=&COMp=&COMh=&LPTp=&LPTh=&PS2=&HDMI=&DP=&DVI=&DSub=&DTS=&M2=&mSATA=&mSATAb=&SATAex=&USB31=&mPCIE=&LVDS=&RGBLED=&DUALBIOS=&P=undefined

1 hour ago, mariushm said:

https://www.asrock.com/mb/AMD/TRX40 Taichi/index.asp#Specification

1 hour ago, mariushm said:

794407384_X570Taichi.pdf RAID Installation Guide.pdf