What really happens to the "smoky" xbox series x

As You guys know couple days ago twitter and tech media exploded with xbox information:

Xbox vape into series x response

It was dropped after user named Arek Adamowicz posted hsis video:

Areks video about smoking console

As no big tech media in country and abroad wanted to contact him, one tech guy from Poland Kuba Klawitter reach him out and interviewed him:

Interview with Arek

Summary

This wasn't a fake "vape into console" video. His console broke and we got an information that not only his console ends life like that. Arek gets a lot of hate from people and was (not directly) accused of faking his case. Fortunately he stays in contact with Microsoft and as he posted yesterday his console will be replaced.

My thoughts

It kinda can be dangerous so keep Your eye on Your new xbox.

9 minutes ago, WereCatf said:

Bullshit. It's just more bullshit. Electronics-fire does not produce white smoke, I speak literally from personal experience.

depends on whats burning, ive had a psu ignite that produced thick white smoke.

edit: idk if i should say ignite, it didnt catch fire.

AMD blackout rig

cpu: ryzen 5 3600 @4.4ghz @1.35v

gpu: rx5700xt 2200mhz

ram: vengeance lpx c15 3200mhz

mobo: gigabyte b550 auros pro 

psu: cooler master mwe 650w

case: masterbox mbx520

fans:Noctua industrial 3000rpm x6

17 minutes ago, WereCatf said:

Bullshit. It's just more bullshit. Electronics-fire does not produce white smoke, I speak literally from personal experience.

9 minutes ago, Letgomyleghoe said:

depends on whats burning, ive had a psu ignite that produced thick white smoke.

Depends what and how it fails, electronic component failure is often coined as "releasing the mystical blue smoke", which is in fact white but off white.

I've had a lot of fun with old PSUs with the voltage switch on it and flipping it down to 110V from 230V and you get a nice big buff of smoke, note buff as it immediately stops. Most electronics failures in these types of devices are rapid and short lived and the device either safety shuts off or loses the ability to function and stops from that. Sitting there smoking for an extended period of time is highly odd, more along the lines of a cable melting and burning as those do smolder for a while, but this is a HELL OF A LOT of smoke, highly weird.

1 minute ago, leadeater said:

Depends what and how it fails, electronic component failure is often coined as "releasing the mystical blue smoke", which is in fact white but off white.

I've had a lot of fun with old PSUs with the voltage switch on it and flipping it down to 110V from 230V and you get a nice big buff of smoke, not buff as it immediately stops. Most electronics failures in these types of devices are rapid and short lived and the device either safety shuts off or loses the ability to function and stops from that. Sitting there smoke for an extended period of time is highly odd, more along the lines of a cable melting and burning as those do smolder for a while, but this is a HELL OF A LOT of smoke, highly weird.

I have had a whole bunch of times when a device failed and let out smoke and I have not seen literally a single time a device produced this amount of smoke or this pure white. I mean, the smoke here is entirely pure fucking white -- not one, single device has ever produced that amount of smoke let alone such pure fucking white.

Hand, n. A singular instrument worn at the end of the human arm and commonly thrust into somebody’s pocket.

Blew an amp up once, had weird sticky fluid everywhere inside the amp and it was more like Steam than smoke, smelt ridiculously awful.

My computer for gaming & work. AMD Ryzen 3600x with XFR support on - Arctic Cooling LF II - ASUS Prime X570-P - Gigabyte 5700XT - 32GB Geil Orion 3600 - Crucial P1 1TB NVME - Crucial BX 500 SSD - EVGA GQ 650w - NZXT Phantom 820 Gun Metal Grey colour - Samsung C27FG73FU monitor - Blue snowball mic - External best connectivity 24 bit/ 96khz DAC headphone amp -Pioneer SE-205 headphone - Focal Auditor 130mm speakers in custom sealed boxes - inPhase audio XT 8 V2 wired at 2ohm 300RMS custom slot port compact box - Vibe Audio PowerBox 400.1

1 minute ago, Wheresmehammer said:

Blew an amp up once, had weird sticky fluid everywhere inside the amp and it was more like Steam than smoke, smelt ridiculously awful.

When electrolytic capacitors blow up, they do that. The fluid inside them is sticky and it tends to smell terrible. They tend to also let out quite a loud bang, which can be fun 😃

Hand, n. A singular instrument worn at the end of the human arm and commonly thrust into somebody’s pocket.

1 minute ago, WereCatf said:

which can be fun 😃

Until you pick one that was slightly larger than you should have 🤣

The fun stops when you nearly crap yourself.

Just now, leadeater said:

Hmmmmm. I have a few big, beefy supercaps -- large enough that I can't wrap my fingers around them --, I wonder how loud they'd pop......

25 minutes ago, WereCatf said:

Hmmmmm. I have a few big, beefy supercaps -- large enough that I can't wrap my fingers around them --, I wonder how loud they'd pop......

We played around with caps in school, the smaller ones had a louder pop than the bigger ones....

Just now, jagdtigger said:

We played around with caps in school, the smaller ones had a louder pop than the bigger ones....

I guess that makes sense. I've only popped a few small ones, never wanted to do that to the bigger ones because, surprisingly, they ain't free. Oh, and I don't want to clean up the mess!

2 minutes ago, WereCatf said:

I guess that makes sense. I've only popped a few small ones, never wanted to do that to the bigger ones because, surprisingly, they ain't free. Oh, and I don't want to clean up the mess!

We could do it because those were old stuff pulled from old gear. The big ones tended to open up the went and release a whole lot of smoke.

5 minutes ago, jagdtigger said:

We could do it because those were old stuff pulled from old gear. The big ones tended to open up the went and release a whole lot of smoke.

this sounds like a fun use of some old junk, i wonder how a microwave capacitor would fare, i got a stick welder that outputs 200 amps, wonder if that would kill one

AMD blackout rig

cpu: ryzen 5 3600 @4.4ghz @1.35v

gpu: rx5700xt 2200mhz

ram: vengeance lpx c15 3200mhz

mobo: gigabyte b550 auros pro 

psu: cooler master mwe 650w

case: masterbox mbx520

fans:Noctua industrial 3000rpm x6

1 hour ago, leadeater said:

The fun stops when you nearly crap yourself.

Reminds me of the time when I heard something between a gun shot and a car backfiring outside my apartment and the power going out in the entire complex. Scared the crap out of me because it was so dang close to me.

1 hour ago, Wheresmehammer said:

Electrolytic fluid, smells very fishy and sticks to everything.

Main Rig:-

Ryzen 7 3800X | Asus ROG Strix X570-F Gaming | 16GB Team Group Dark Pro 3600Mhz | Corsair MP600 1TB PCIe Gen 4 | Sapphire 5700 XT Pulse | Corsair H115i Platinum | WD Black 1TB | WD Green 4TB | EVGA SuperNOVA G3 650W | Asus TUF GT501 | Samsung C27HG70 1440p 144hz HDR FreeSync 2 | Ubuntu 20.04.2 LTS |

Server:-

Intel NUC running Server 2019 + Synology DSM218+ with 2 x 4TB Toshiba NAS Ready HDDs (RAID0)

1 hour ago, Wheresmehammer said:

Was there white smoke, white smoke of any kind at all?

2 hours ago, WereCatf said:

There’s even stereotypes about “letting the blue smoke out.  White smoke is almost always steam.  There are a few other things that produce white smoke but fiberglass, plastic and metal aren’t included.  White smoke would be kind of impossible.

Not a pro, not even very good.  I’m just old and have time currently.  Assuming I know a lot about computers can be a mistake.

Life is like a bowl of chocolates: there are all these little crinkly paper cups everywhere.

On 11/14/2020 at 7:00 AM, leadeater said:

Depends what and how it fails, electronic component failure is often coined as "releasing the mystical blue smoke"

If it escapes then just put it back in. I don't see the issue smh my head.

https://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/thumb/e/e4/Magic_smoke_refill_(5990429717)_(2).jpg/682px-Magic_smoke_refill_(5990429717)_(2).jpg

Our Grace. The Feathered One. He shows us the way. His bob is majestic and shows us the path. Follow unto his guidance and His example. He knows the one true path. Our Saviour. Our Grace. Our Father Birb has taught us with His humble heart and gentle wing the way of the bob. Let us show Him our reverence and follow in His example. The True Path of the Feathered One. ~ Dimboble-dubabob III