IPASON A9-9820 mobo AMD_BL2 V2.3

On 2/18/2021 at 4:33 PM, grandmasterv1000 said:

Thanks - but I'm curious about how you may have configured the board itself or the BIOS? I have the same SSD but I'm getting about half the overall speed. By my reckoning I'm getting the equivalent of 2x the bandwidth of the PCIe x1 slot on the board, but I can't break the 800MB/s barrier.

I didn't touch anything except disabling RAM spread spectrum and some other ram option that were causing ram instability and I switched from RX-8020 to RX-9020 because RX-8020 option has lower clocks.

• 2 weeks later...

Hi everyone,

I have an annoying issue... my mobo reboot all the time. apparently, as soon as a load is too important, it crashes. (strangely, I tested with success Halo MCC and it run quite good).

The temp are good (48°C in RX-8120 mode and 55°C in 9820 mode).

Have you the same problem with this motherboard ? (I have the same version, AMD_BL2 v2.3).

Thank you.

I had this issue with the first PSU I was using...you may need a stronger PSU

• 2 weeks later...
On 3/4/2021 at 6:22 PM, themadhaxor said:

I had this issue with the first PSU I was using...you may need a stronger PSU

I have found the problem. It’s not the psu, it’s a bug in the gpu’s driver with fullscreen. If I set my games to windowed (no border) all issues are solved.

weird - never happened to me. not surprised though as the driver is VERY beta.

• 3 years later...

Decided not to make a new thread, since motherboard is very niche.

I managed to find something about this board in Chinese parts of the net. Since machine or AI translation were a lot to be desired, clarified certain parts, thanks to someone who is native Mandarin speaker.

[The only one on the whole network] A9 9820 octa-core APU, with RX350 core graphics toss_Bilibili_bilibili

One user in this video managed to tweak bios and overclock CPU up to 2.55 GHz and install 23.11.1 driver.

文件下载-奶牛快传 Download |CowTransfer

This is a link to tweaked BIOS (only BL 2.3 can be flashed, from what I managed to understand).

In case of drivers - it's a bit tricky. You have to install stock driver (the one that is around) and then install community drivers on top of it to make it work.

Since GPU on this board is GCN 1, you have to install this one:

Download WHQL-AMD-Software-Hybrid-Edition-23.11.1-GCNFlex-Nebula-Native-DCH.7z (Radeon-ID) (sourceforge.net)

All links are checked. No bloatware or adware on them.

If someone still has this board laying around, give it a try.

Managed to update driver (works much smoother, now). Didn't try BIOS update, however.

Also, since NVME on this board is, basically, reworked PCI-E socket, you can also plug much better GPU via NVME to PCI-E x16 adapter: