Anyone playing Assassin’s Creed: Valhalla?

GamerBlake
13 minutes ago, Wheresmehammer said:

Your framerate on a 2080Ti at 1440P is quite bad when a console can run it at 4K 60 with a much lesser GPU.

How is 80-110 FPS bad ? 
also il be running much higher settings than console 

-13600kf 

- 4000 32gb ram 

-4070ti super duper 

26 minutes ago, Ebony Falcon said:

How is 80-110 FPS bad ? 
also il be running much higher settings than console 

You overestimate what you run vs a console, those consoles are maxed out. PS5 & XBOX SX

My computer for gaming & work. AMD Ryzen 3600x with XFR support on - Arctic Cooling LF II - ASUS Prime X570-P - Gigabyte 5700XT - 32GB Geil Orion 3600 - Crucial P1 1TB NVME - Crucial BX 500 SSD - EVGA GQ 650w - NZXT Phantom 820 Gun Metal Grey colour - Samsung C27FG73FU monitor - Blue snowball mic - External best connectivity 24 bit/ 96khz DAC headphone amp -Pioneer SE-205 headphone - Focal Auditor 130mm speakers in custom sealed boxes - inPhase audio XT 8 V2 wired at 2ohm 300RMS custom slot port compact box - Vibe Audio PowerBox 400.1

2 hours ago, Wheresmehammer said:

You overestimate what you run vs a console, those consoles are maxed out. PS5 & XBOX SX

There not maxed out settings 60 FPS 4k lol 

-13600kf 

- 4000 32gb ram 

-4070ti super duper 

If it's running Valhalla at 4K like this vs 3080, this Ass creed is certainly maxed out on these consoles, it's RDNA2, don't be so delusional.

My computer for gaming & work. AMD Ryzen 3600x with XFR support on - Arctic Cooling LF II - ASUS Prime X570-P - Gigabyte 5700XT - 32GB Geil Orion 3600 - Crucial P1 1TB NVME - Crucial BX 500 SSD - EVGA GQ 650w - NZXT Phantom 820 Gun Metal Grey colour - Samsung C27FG73FU monitor - Blue snowball mic - External best connectivity 24 bit/ 96khz DAC headphone amp -Pioneer SE-205 headphone - Focal Auditor 130mm speakers in custom sealed boxes - inPhase audio XT 8 V2 wired at 2ohm 300RMS custom slot port compact box - Vibe Audio PowerBox 400.1

22 hours ago, Wheresmehammer said:

It's a shame really, but i think Ubisoft are milking the franchise to death.

Why do you say that?

Speaking from personal experience I really loved AC: Odyssey and it was the first ever AC game I ever played. It encouraged me to buy almost all of the other AC games.

However I may be a unique case as a student of Classical History. I gave it a lot of bonus points for realism in terms of visuals and locations as well as including actual historical figures in their proper context. Although with some artistic deviation as would be expected in a video game.

If you’re an “old school” AC player I can understand if you think the game is deviating too much from its original plot and becoming unrecognizable as an AC game..

But at the same time new players like myself are getting immersed in the game and in the end the more fans the better right?

If AC Odyssey had been a total garbage heap of a game I would probably think differently, but it was a good game. Maybe not groundbreaking or game changing but I’d give it a solid 8/10 or B+.

Would I buy it again? Yes. I got over 200 hours of play out of it and spent $49.99.

That’s a fair deal in my book.

P.S. The nonsense with the $129.99 “Ultimate Edition” is ridiculous and I encourage anyone even considering this game to wait for a big sale like I did. I got the “Ultimate Edition” for $49.99 during the Summer Sale which is $10 cheaper than the “Standard Edition” is during non-sale times.

CPU: i7 8700K (5.1 GHz OC). AIO: EVGA CLC 280 280mmGPUEVGA XC2 Ultra 2080Ti. PSU: Corsair RM850x 850W 80+ Gold Fully Modular. MB: MSI MEG Z390 ACE. RAM: 32GB Corsair Dominator Platinum RGB (3600 MHz OC). STORAGE: 1TB Samsung 970 Evo Plus M.2 NVMe, 2TB Samsung 860 EVO, 1TB Samsung 860 Evo, 1TB Samsung 860 QVO, 2TB Firecuda 7200rpm SSHD, 1TB WD Blue. CASE: NZXT H510 Elite. FANS: Corsair LL120 RGB 120mm x4. MONITOR: MSI Optix MAG271CQR 2560x1440 144hz. Headset: Steelseries Arctis 5 Gaming Headset. Keyboard: Razer Cynosa Chroma. Mouse: Razer Basilisk Ultimate (Wireless) Webcam: Logitech C922x Pro Stream Webcam.

I got myself AC Syndicate instead. Looks just as bad, but only costs 4,99€ and the characters are at least interesting.

Also the gameplay feels so much better than any of the newer ACs I played.

And Syndicate isn't even that good of an AC. Revelations is way better and even that was considered the weak link of AC when it came out. Like srsly, how can Ubisoft fuck up so bad?

15 hours ago, Senzelian said:

I got myself AC Syndicate instead. Looks just as bad, but only costs 4,99€ and the characters are at least interesting.

Also the gameplay feels so much better than any of the newer ACs I played.

And Syndicate isn't even that good of an AC. Revelations is way better and even that was considered the weak link of AC when it came out. Like srsly, how can Ubisoft fuck up so bad?

They did great with AC Odyssey!

CPU: i7 8700K (5.1 GHz OC). AIO: EVGA CLC 280 280mmGPUEVGA XC2 Ultra 2080Ti. PSU: Corsair RM850x 850W 80+ Gold Fully Modular. MB: MSI MEG Z390 ACE. RAM: 32GB Corsair Dominator Platinum RGB (3600 MHz OC). STORAGE: 1TB Samsung 970 Evo Plus M.2 NVMe, 2TB Samsung 860 EVO, 1TB Samsung 860 Evo, 1TB Samsung 860 QVO, 2TB Firecuda 7200rpm SSHD, 1TB WD Blue. CASE: NZXT H510 Elite. FANS: Corsair LL120 RGB 120mm x4. MONITOR: MSI Optix MAG271CQR 2560x1440 144hz. Headset: Steelseries Arctis 5 Gaming Headset. Keyboard: Razer Cynosa Chroma. Mouse: Razer Basilisk Ultimate (Wireless) Webcam: Logitech C922x Pro Stream Webcam.

7 hours ago, GamerBlake said:

They did great with AC Odyssey!

imo that was pretty bad.

• 4 weeks later...
On 11/18/2020 at 5:44 AM, Senzelian said:

imo that was pretty bad.

Really??

What didn’t you like about it?

It was the first AC game I ever played and I have over 200 hours in it. 😆 

2 hours ago, GamerBlake said:

Really??

What didn’t you like about it?

It was the first AC game I ever played and I have over 200 hours in it. 😆 

I didn't like the atmosphere, which wasn't very dense and the characters weren't all that interesting. I also didn't like the gameplay. It felt too much like an MMORPG, instead of an actual Assasssin's Creed game. I started with AC2, which just feels so much more like you're playing an actual Assassin. There is also so much more detail in that game and the other earlier titles like AC Brotherhood and AC Revelations.