MSI Mag B550m Bazooka or gigabyte a520 aorus elite

Sorry in advance if this sounds like a noob question 

So I am going to build a pc but I am stuck on deciding on which motherboard I should get (MSI Mag B550m Bazooka or gigabyte a520 aorus elite).Tho i also want to know if their vrms are different and which one is more “future proof”.

thanks

The B550M is more future proof and more versatile, as it supports overclocking and you have pci-e 4.0 going to pci-e x16 slot of the video card.

A520 chipset is budget chipset, with fewer usb connectors on the IO shield, without pci-e 4.0 and most models will be  limited to maximum 2 memory slots.

Here's a comparison between the two :

the b550 board has 2 m.2 connectors, the a520 only 1

the only downsides I see for that b550 motherboard is that it only has the 1 pci-e x16 and only pci-e x1 slots, I would like on my motherboards to have a 2nd pci-e x16 (even if electronically pci-e x4 only) or a 2nd pci-e x4/x8 , just in case I'd have to plug a 2nd card bigger than x1 for some reason.

the other downside, if you could call it one, is that it has older onboard audio alc892, and no digital output, only the classic 3 stereo jacks. It's still good audio, but the a520 has better onboard audio with the full 5 stereo jacks + digital output.

If there's some other B550 models in your budget, mention them and I'd tell you if they're better value , better performance, better features for the money and so on.

comparison_mobo.thumb.png.4f1226e473a2f884dd871b8290cd2633.png