Silicon Power A55 SSD

EasonIDontKnowAnything

Hey there. So for a bit of context, I'm piss poor but I'd like to get an SSD as my boot drive, and I'm not really interested in spending more than around RM80.

That leaves me with three choices (that I have found, anyways):

https://shopee.com.my/Silicon-Power-A55-SSD-3D-TLC-NAND-SATA-III-2.5-Internal-SSD-(128GB-256GB-512GB-1TB)-2.5-to-3.5-Installation-Bracket-i.137317911.2072535684

This is the Silicon Power A55 SSD. The cheapest one is RM72 for 128GB. Keep in mind that's more storage than I already need. I've read a couple of reviews online and this model (not necessarily the 128GB version) is considered by the reviewers as a good option for the price and performs comparatively well to the likes of Crucial MX500s and Samsung 850s, which admittedly are not that great in the first place.

https://shopee.com.my/SanDisk-SSD-PLUS-1TB-480GB-240GB-120GB-2.5-SSD-Internal-Solid-State-Drive-i.5954247.278355527

The other is a more well-known brand, SanDisk. The SSD technically has less space than the Silicon Power A55 and it costs RM88, a whopping RM16 more (preferably, I'd like to save as much as I can). But what's worrying me is the fact that the reviews I've read have essentially told me the SanDisk PLUS line-up is absolute trash.

https://www.lazada.com.my/products/pny-cs900-25-sata-iii-ssd-120gb-240gb-480gb-960gb-i625078048-s1297134284.html?

Next up is the PNY CS900. This one costs only RM80 and the reviews I've read (a grand total of two) about the PNY CS900 have all commended the SSD's quality and performance considering its price. 

It'd be great if any of you can offer me some more knowledge and recommend which out of these three I should get.

Many thanks. 

id get the cheap a55. you wont notive the performance difference between them, and they will all be much faster than a hdd.

these are all dramless sata ssds so theypretty simmilar internally.

4 hours ago, Electronics Wizardy said:

id get the cheap a55. you wont notive the performance difference between them, and they will all be much faster than a hdd.

Yeah, I guess you're right.

You're the only response so I'll take your word for it :P

On 11/13/2020 at 11:45 PM, Electronics Wizardy said:

Hey there. I just found a 240GB WD Green SSD that costs RM119, which is about the same price as the other 240GB versions of the SSDs listed above. Is it like, any better? Because if it is, I might consider getting it instead.

3 hours ago, EasonIDontKnowAnything said:

Hey there. I just found a 240GB WD Green SSD that costs RM119, which is about the same price as the other 240GB versions of the SSDs listed above. Is it like, any better? Because if it is, I might consider getting it instead.

its basically the same as the other drvies, dramless sata ssd. Id get the cheapest of he drives still

On 11/13/2020 at 3:45 PM, Electronics Wizardy said:

Funny, I'm also in the op's position and happened to find the SP A55 too and it shows that is has a NAYA DRAM on the reviews and photos
One of the sources I found: https://www.enostech.com/silicon-power-ace-a55-256gb-ssd-review/

Current Rig:

Mobo - MSI B450 Pro-Max VDH | CPU - Ryzen 5 3600 (AMD duh) | GPU - GTX 1660 Super (MSI) | WAM - 2 x 8GB 3200MHz (G.SKILLS Ripjaws)Storage - 1 x 256GB SSD (Crucial MX500) + 1 x 2TB | HDD 7200RPM (Seagate Barracuda) | PSU - Cooler Master 450W | Case - Cooler Master Q300L | Display - Asus VP248QG (Main) + AOC 24B1W1 | Other Stuff - Bloody B120 (Keyboard) + HP X220 Gaming Mouse + Asus A541UJ (Laptop)

4 hours ago, MigasTigas said:

Funny, I'm also in the op's position and happened to find the SP A55 too and it shows that is has a NAYA DRAM on the reviews and photos
One of the sources I found: https://www.enostech.com/silicon-power-ace-a55-256gb-ssd-review/

Well looks like it hsa dram. Still not the fastest of drives, and I dont trust the brand s much, but should be fine for apc

10 hours ago, Electronics Wizardy said:

Well looks like it hsa dram. Still not the fastest of drives, and I dont trust the brand s much, but should be fine for apc

Compared with the crucial mx500 which one is better? Crucial?

Current Rig:

Mobo - MSI B450 Pro-Max VDH | CPU - Ryzen 5 3600 (AMD duh) | GPU - GTX 1660 Super (MSI) | WAM - 2 x 8GB 3200MHz (G.SKILLS Ripjaws)Storage - 1 x 256GB SSD (Crucial MX500) + 1 x 2TB | HDD 7200RPM (Seagate Barracuda) | PSU - Cooler Master 450W | Case - Cooler Master Q300L | Display - Asus VP248QG (Main) + AOC 24B1W1 | Other Stuff - Bloody B120 (Keyboard) + HP X220 Gaming Mouse + Asus A541UJ (Laptop)