Might I just as well get a 10900k?

pipnina

So since I have been itching for an upgrade anyway (don't quite have enough CPU juice to play and host some games, or to play and stream some games, especially in VR), and I would be waiting a potentially ratehr long amount of time for Zen3 and rocket lake (which could also sell out immediately at launch too for all we know), and I have found a 10900kf at a 23% discount and a z430 motherbaord at a 16% discount (£150gbp less than buying a 5900x + motherboard)... Might i as well just get the 10900kf now and forego the unending game of chicken?

For reference, I currently have a 6700k @ 4.5GHz, which got about 2400~ (+-20) and 465 points in cinebench R20 multi/single core. The 10900k(f) gets about 100 points more in single core perf and aconsiderably more in multi thanks to the 2.5x number of cores, though compared to the Zen3 this is somewhat dwarfed, but also I have heard that intel might suffer there because "the test takes longer than boost is maintained". So if I had a decent enough cooler (was planning to go for a noctua d15s or u14s) would it actually do better in single core perf due to being better able to maintain boost speeds?

Would the 10900k(f) be able to close the gap somewhat if I did some overclocking to it? I heard that Zen3 has very little room for any real overclocking even if you have a fancy board that can help you overclock the all-core without sacrificing single core boost, but unless intel has really squeezed everything out of the 10th gen as well, might I get a few extra cheeky 0.1GHz realistically?

What do you guys think? It is sorely tempting...

The 5800x can just slam dunck the 10900k, and a fair few places seem to be getting it back in stock.

I would look for a week or so, and then go for the 10900kf.

I could use some help with this!

please, pm me if you would like to contribute to my gpu bios database (includes overclocking bios, stock bios, and upgrades to gpus via modding)

Bios database

My beautiful, but not that powerful, main PC:

prior build:

Spoiler

Lots of reviewers are getting between 300 and 500MHz OC easily on their ryzen 5000 CPUs and you can absolutely use an affordable B550 motherboard to achieve this.

I WILL find your ITX build thread, and I WILL recommend the SIlverstone Sugo SG13B

Primary PC:

i7 8086k - EVGA Z370 Classified K - G.Skill Trident Z RGB - WD SN750 - Jedi Order Titan Xp - Hyper 212 Black (with RGB Riing flair) - EVGA G3 650W - dual booting Windows 10 and Linux - Black and green theme, Razer brainwashed me.

Draws 400 watts under max load, for reference.

How many watts do I needATX 3.0 & PCIe 5.0 spec, PSU misconceptions, protections explainedgroup reg is bad

Just wait if you can. I would hate to buy old tech when new stuff is out but just OOS.

Before you reply to my post, REFRESH. 99.99% chance I edited my post. 

My System: i7-13700KF // Corsair iCUE H150i Elite Capellix // MSI MPG Z690 Edge Wifi // 32GB DDR5 G. SKILL RIPJAWS S5 6000 CL32 // Nvidia RTX 4070 Super FE // Corsair 5000D Airflow // Corsair SP120 RGB Pro x7 // Seasonic Focus Plus Gold 850w //1TB ADATA XPG SX8200 Pro/1TB Teamgroup MP33/2TB Seagate 7200RPM Hard Drive // Displays: LG Ultragear 32GP83B x2 // Royal Kludge RK100 // Logitech G Pro X Superlight // Sennheiser DROP PC38x