Anyone an idea how to decrypt Ampere BIOS?

Plermpel

Hello guys,

I am testing through my 3090 TUF at the moment and nomatter what I do, I allways hit the power limit at about 2030MHz and I am affraif that a waterblock will not have any benefit for that card, because it will also hit the power limit...

Now I am sitting here looking at the Hexdumps of the VBIOS, just a flash isn't really an option because the only card with two 8pins and higher power limit (390W) is some gigabyte one and I don't think those 20W will give me that extreme performance boost.

The Hexdumps are crypted you can find easy things like BIOS Number, Revision Vendor but nothing leads to the power target power limit stuff.

The two closest BIOSes you can find are 94.02.26.40.72 and 94.02.26.40.73 from Colorful, those BIOSes are mostly identical but the Power Limit, but nothing really indicates a Power Limit in there.

There are about 20 crypted sections in the two BIOSes that differ from each other

The best way to find a hint would be someone who has that Poworcolor Card change those sections in the BIOS one by one and see where it leads, hoping not to brick the card.

Anybody better Ideas?

You can't really decrypt the bios by yourself.

Your best option is to try out BIOSes from other brands and see if any of those give you some extra watts. Keep in mind that you probably won't be able to reach much higher clocks than that, even with shunt mods Ampere hasn't been able to go really far.

FX6300 @ 4.2GHz | Gigabyte GA-78LMT-USB3 R2 | Hyper 212x | 3x 8GB + 1x 4GB @ 1600MHz | Gigabyte 2060 Super | Corsair CX650M | LG 43UK6520PSA
ASUS X550LN | i5 4210u | 12GB
Lenovo N23 Yoga

I allready hit the Power Limit on Air an there lays an EKWB in my Kitchen, which I will not really benefit from, because the card hit 375W like nothing and then you're stuck at 1980MHz max.

The best BIOS which works on my card would be from a Gigabyte card with 390W limit but I don't think those 15W will make the difference.

Only one way to know for sure. Also keep in mind that your chip may not have a good bin, so it won't clock much higher no matter what.

FX6300 @ 4.2GHz | Gigabyte GA-78LMT-USB3 R2 | Hyper 212x | 3x 8GB + 1x 4GB @ 1600MHz | Gigabyte 2060 Super | Corsair CX650M | LG 43UK6520PSA
ASUS X550LN | i5 4210u | 12GB
Lenovo N23 Yoga

2 minutes ago, Plermpel said:

I allready hit the Power Limit on Air an there lays an EKWB in my Kitchen, which I will not really benefit from, because the card hit 375W like nothing and then you're stuck at 1980MHz max.

The best BIOS which works on my card would be from a Gigabyte card with 390W limit but I don't think those 15W will make the difference.

i mean better to try it than not

AMD blackout rig

cpu: ryzen 5 3600 @4.4ghz @1.35v

gpu: rx5700xt 2200mhz

ram: vengeance lpx c15 3200mhz

mobo: gigabyte b550 auros pro 

psu: cooler master mwe 650w

case: masterbox mbx520

fans:Noctua industrial 3000rpm x6