Micro Stuttering accross every game

Dxnx

Having this issue for a while accross every game I play where like every 45mins I get a stutter/microstutter what ever you want to call it. I have tried numerous amounts of things like :reduce graphic settings, update drivers on motherboard, update bios, clean up hard drive space, change pc power settings etc. But the problem still persists so looking for more assistance please.

For extra info here are my pc specs:

-Ryzen 5 3600 (Auto Overclocks whilst Gaming)

-32gb Corsair Vengeance. 2 sticks 3200mhz and 2 others 3600mhz

-650w Corsair PSU

-RTX 2070 Super 8gb not Overclocked

-Samsung evo 500gb and 1tb ssd

-I also run 3 monitors 2 144hz and 1 240hz G-sync on.

I have an example below of the new Assassin Creed Valhalla game showing what the stutter looks like.

4 minutes ago, Dxnx said:

-Ryzen 5 3600 (Auto Overclocks whilst Gaming)

trun it off, see if that fixes it. 

Are the drivers updated? 

Just now, The Sloth said:

trun it off, see if that fixes it. 

Are the drivers updated? 

Drivers are all updated, not sure tho I how to stop my CPU for auto Overclocking tho

3 minutes ago, The Sloth said:

Bios 

Isn't it not possible to do it through Ryzen Master software

13 minutes ago, Dxnx said:

2 sticks 3200mhz and 2 others 3600mhz

are thers in xmp or jdec? They cant run at 3200 and 3600 seperalty afaik.

CAn you check in something like cpu z to see the reported speed? (cpu z will show in th 1000's for mhz, multipuly x2 to get the real speed)

I could use some help with this!

please, pm me if you would like to contribute to my gpu bios database (includes overclocking bios, stock bios, and upgrades to gpus via modding)

Bios database

My beautiful, but not that powerful, main PC:

prior build:

Spoiler

Just now, Dxnx said:

Isn't it not possible to do it through Ryzen Master software

All ryzen have OC features called Precision, which is fine. Unless you clicked an "optimized" OC buttion, it whould be fine. 

What verson of windows are you running? 

Are you full screen? 

13 minutes ago, Dxnx said:

-32gb Corsair Vengeance. 2 sticks 3200mhz and 2 others 3600mhz

are both ram running at 3200MHZ? is XMP on? 

are you running the latest windows verson? 20H2

try running only the game without other programs running in the background. 

2 minutes ago, The Sloth said:

All ryzen have OC features called Precision, which is fine. Unless you clicked an "optimized" OC buttion, it whould be fine. 

What verson of windows are you running? 

Are you full screen? 

are both ram running at 3200MHZ? is XMP on? 

are you running the latest windows verson? 20H2

try running only the game without other programs running in the background. 

On Ryzen Master its set to Default control mode, but shows on the cpu clock speed that it can max to 4,200 mhz which it does but their is no way of changing it if I needed to. I play on fullscreen yes, but I will just check the XMP is on or not.

7 minutes ago, HelpfulTechWizard said:

are thers in xmp or jdec? They cant run at 3200 and 3600 seperalty afaik.

CAn you check in something like cpu z to see the reported speed? (cpu z will show in th 1000's for mhz, multipuly x2 to get the real speed)

will check xmp in bios

Is it bad that I was on Version 1909 18363 of Windows 10 Pro?

4 minutes ago, Dxnx said:

Is it bad that I was on Version 1909 18363 of Windows 10 Pro?

no. what was ram speed?

please, pm me if you would like to contribute to my gpu bios database (includes overclocking bios, stock bios, and upgrades to gpus via modding)

Bios database

prior build:

Spoiler

5 minutes ago, HelpfulTechWizard said:

no. what was ram speed?

Ram Speed on CPUZ is showing 1064.5mhz x 2 which is 2129 mhz speed that is also showing on task manager performance aswell. So its not even at what it should be

2 minutes ago, Dxnx said:

Ram Speed on CPUZ is showing 1064.5mhz x 2 which is 2129 mhz speed that is also showing on task manager performance aswell. So its not even at what it should be

its running at jdec. you need to go to the bios and choose a xmp prophile like 3200mhz cl18 (first number). Ryzen loves fast ram, and will preform over 10% better on most things.

Bios database

prior build:

Spoiler

1 minute ago, HelpfulTechWizard said:

its running at jdec. you need to go to the bios and choose a xmp prophile like 3200mhz cl18 (first number). Ryzen loves fast ram, and will preform over 10% better on most things.

Ok I will try this then

1 hour ago, HelpfulTechWizard said:

In Bios atm and have a profile set up but its trying to lock in 3600mhz memory speed atm when selecting DOCP

image.jpg

On 11/11/2020 at 9:02 PM, Dxnx said:

Drivers are all updated, not sure tho I how to stop my CPU for auto Overclocking tho

On 11/11/2020 at 9:03 PM, The Sloth said:

Bios 

Honestly I doubt it does, 3600 rather downclocks while gaming, depending on how many cores are used... 

Basically I understand this as the OP has it at *default* settings, that shouldn't cause any issues? 

This "45 minutes" thing however sounds like memory leak (likely a known windows bug) 

Also, pedantic I know, but these can't be "micro stutters" as that's something that happens constantly if it happens, usually caused by bad frame times. 

Proposed fix:  @ OP

https://m.majorgeeks.com/files/details/intelligent_standby_list_cleaner.html

TRY IT, report back, it kind of *has* to fix it, worked for me in a very similar situation (using Microsoft Windows 10 and "random" "unexplainable" frame drops) 

PS: I honestly don't know why this isn't a sticky in troubleshooting forum, this program has helped so many people... 

The direction tells you... the direction

-Scott Manley, 2021

Softwares used:

Corsair Link (Anime Edition) 

MSI Afterburner 

OpenRGB

Lively Wallpaper 

OBS Studio

Shutter Encoder

Avidemux

FSResizer

Audacity 

VLC

WMP

GIMP

HWiNFO64

Paint

3D Paint

GitHub Desktop 

Superposition 

Prime95

Aida64

GPUZ

CPUZ

Generic Logviewer

On 11/13/2020 at 5:38 PM, Mark Kaine said:

Honestly I doubt it does, 3600 rather downclocks while gaming, depending on how many cores are used... 

Basically I understand this as the OP has it at *default* settings, that shouldn't cause any issues? 

This "45 minutes" thing however sounds like memory leak (likely a known windows bug) 

Also, pedantic I know, but these can't be "micro stutters" as that's something that happens constantly if it happens, usually caused by bad frame times. 

Proposed fix:  @ OP

https://m.majorgeeks.com/files/details/intelligent_standby_list_cleaner.html

TRY IT, report back, it kind of *has* to fix it, worked for me in a very similar situation (using Microsoft Windows 10 and "random" "unexplainable" frame drops) 

PS: I honestly don't know why this isn't a sticky in troubleshooting forum, this program has helped so many people... 

How do I use the software? do I run in as it is in default mode or do I need to adjust some things

47 minutes ago, Dxnx said:

How do I use the software? do I run in as it is in default mode or do I need to adjust some things

For a start default settings should be fine, though you should check it's set to half of your system ram in "free memory is lower than" ideally. 

20201117_133220.thumb.jpg.426d486ec8f6266ae68ccb3f6706eb28.jpg

Like I have 16GB for example so I set it to 8GB... 

BUT! I just noticed something! 

On 11/11/2020 at 8:55 PM, Dxnx said:

32gb Corsair Vengeance. 2 sticks 3200mhz and 2 others 3600mhz

This is a complete no go and doesn't benefit you at all for gaming... 

You need to remove 2 of those so you only have RAM that's rated at the same speed, also refer to your mb manual where you actually have to place the 2 remaining RAM sticks...! 

Also then, reset CMOS, then set XMP to the rated speed of your RAM (whichever you kept, 3200 or 3600)

IF that still doesn't fix your issues then I would strongly suggest trying the ISLC, you can also try as is of course, but I don't think it makes a lot of sense with all 4 of your RAM sticks as they're likely to make issues anyway (don't mix different RAM sticks ever, unless you 100% know what you're doing and how to set it up properly...) 

The direction tells you... the direction

-Scott Manley, 2021

Softwares used:

Corsair Link (Anime Edition) 

MSI Afterburner 

OpenRGB

Lively Wallpaper 

OBS Studio

Shutter Encoder

Avidemux

FSResizer

Audacity 

VLC

WMP

GIMP

HWiNFO64

Paint

3D Paint

GitHub Desktop 

Superposition 

Prime95

Aida64

GPUZ

CPUZ

Generic Logviewer

2 hours ago, Mark Kaine said:

For a start default settings should be fine, though you should check it's set to half of your system ram in "free memory is lower than" ideally. 

20201117_133220.thumb.jpg.426d486ec8f6266ae68ccb3f6706eb28.jpg

Like I have 16GB for example so I set it to 8GB... 

BUT! I just noticed something! 

This is a complete no go and doesn't benefit you at all for gaming... 

You need to remove 2 of those so you only have RAM that's rated at the same speed, also refer to your mb manual where you actually have to place the 2 remaining RAM sticks...! 

Also then, reset CMOS, then set XMP to the rated speed of your RAM (whichever you kept, 3200 or 3600)

IF that still doesn't fix your issues then I would strongly suggest trying the ISLC, you can also try as is of course, but I don't think it makes a lot of sense with all 4 of your RAM sticks as they're likely to make issues anyway (don't mix different RAM sticks ever, unless you 100% know what you're doing and how to set it up properly...) 

Ok I have reset the CMOS well at least I think I did held a screwdriver over the two pins labelled CLRTC then booted and set a profile to 3600mhz and is showing on task manager now going to play a game to see if it is fixed.

1 hour ago, Dxnx said:

Ok I have reset the CMOS well at least I think I did held a screwdriver over the two pins labelled CLRTC then booted and set a profile to 3600mhz and is showing on task manager now going to play a game to see if it is fixed.

Had a stutter again whilst playing but I noticed aswell that my ryzen master was showing so really high temps in the 70’s and even hit 80 which it use to sit around in the 60’s. But my corsair icue was showing it was only at 36c so now updating that to see which one is right

1 hour ago, Dxnx said:

Had a stutter again whilst playing but I noticed aswell that my ryzen master was showing so really high temps in the 70’s and even hit 80 which it use to sit around in the 60’s. But my corsair icue was showing it was only at 36c so now updating that to see which one is right

Turned off XMP and set a manual speed to 3600mhz but now my pc one get to boot screen need help ASAP

5 hours ago, Dxnx said:

Turned off XMP and set a manual speed to 3600mhz but now my pc one get to boot screen need help ASAP

Managed too boot had to remove battery from motherboard