Automatically Switch to 60Hz While on Battery?

Go to solution Solved by WereCatf,
4 minutes ago, Stylized_Violence said:

I just thought if someone out there knew of a setting that I was missing I could skip that step

There is no such a setting in Windows natively. You could write an Autohotkey-script that does what you want, but I'm not aware of any ready-made solution.

I have a Razer Base Model 2020 laptop that's 144Hz, and I want to squeeze out every drop of battery power I can. I figured one way to do that is make it so that the laptop switches to 60Hz while on battery power, then back to 144Hz when plugged in...but I can't seem to find a way to do it. Razer Synapse doesn't have an option and I can't find anything on Windows. I feel like this should be easily done and obvious but maybe I'm just blind. Also Google didn't seem to know what I was talking about, but if the answer is on their I'd appreciate the link. Much obliged and thanks for any insight.

7 minutes ago, Stylized_Violence said:

I have a Razer Base Model 2020 laptop that's 144Hz, and I want to squeeze out every drop of battery power I can. I figured one way to do that is make it so that the laptop switches to 60Hz while on battery power, then back to 144Hz when plugged in

Have you actually measured if it really makes any difference? If it doesn't, then you're just wasting effort on a frivolous thing.

Hand, n. A singular instrument worn at the end of the human arm and commonly thrust into somebody’s pocket.

14 minutes ago, WereCatf said:

Have you actually measured if it really makes any difference? If it doesn't, then you're just wasting effort on a frivolous thing.

I can't measure it yet because I'm not able to do it, that's my issue. But if a slower refresh rate can yield better battery on phones, I figured why not on laptops? Logic tells me that if the panel doesn't have to refresh as fast, it can save a couple points on battery. I'm not expecting monumental gains, just trying to save where I can.

2 minutes ago, Stylized_Violence said:

I can't measure it yet because I'm not able to do it, that's my issue.

Of course you can. Charge the laptop up, set refresh-rate to 60Hz manually and then unplug it from power and see how long it lasts compared to 144Hz.

Hand, n. A singular instrument worn at the end of the human arm and commonly thrust into somebody’s pocket.

1 minute ago, WereCatf said:

Of course you can. Charge the laptop up, set refresh-rate to 60Hz manually and then unplug it from power and see how long it lasts compared to 144Hz.

Well shit don't I feel like a fucking idiot? Lol, damn I never thought of doing it manually. I suppose I definitely could, I just thought if someone out there knew of a setting that I was missing I could skip that step.

4 minutes ago, Stylized_Violence said:

I just thought if someone out there knew of a setting that I was missing I could skip that step

There is no such a setting in Windows natively. You could write an Autohotkey-script that does what you want, but I'm not aware of any ready-made solution.

On 11/11/2020 at 4:58 AM, WereCatf said:

Well, that's disappointing. Thanks