RTX 2060 still good?

B.B.Woolfe

Hi everyone, with the new 3060 that just came out, are 2060s still a good performance/price deal? Also, i have a z370 board, would it be a Problem To have either of these cards with that board?

not yet, even used prices are still too high but without actual purchasable stock there isn't much you can do but wait for performance per $ gets updated in the new and used markets.

The best gaming PC is the PC you like to game on, how you like to game on it

10 minutes ago, B.B.Woolfe said:

with the new 3060 that just came out

This has not happened yet. Until it does the 2060 and 2060s are still good values.

I will recommend an NHu12s (or an NHd15 (maybe)) for your PC build. Quote or @ me @Prodigy_Smit for me to see your replies.

PSU Teir List | Howdy! A Windows Hello Alternative 

Desktop :

i7 8700 | Quadro P4000 8GB |  64gb 2933Mhz cl18 | 500 GB Samsung 960 Pro | 1tb SSD Samsung 850 evo

Laptop :

ASUS G14 | R9 5900hs | RTX 3060 | 16GB 3200Mhz | 1 TB SSD

25 minutes ago, B.B.Woolfe said:

Hi everyone, with the new 3060 that just came out, are 2060s still a good performance/price deal? Also, i have a z370 board, would it be a Problem To have either of these cards with that board?

If it meets your performance/resolution target, then yes, it's a good value for you. If it doesn't, then no, it's not..

Be sure to QUOTE or TAG me in your reply so I see it!

CPU Ryzen 7 5800X3D GPU EVGA 3080 Ti FTW3 Ultra MOBO Asus ROG Strix B550-F Gaming RAM Crucial Ballistix 3600 MHz CL16 32 GB PSU Corsair RM1000x COOLING Noctua NH-D15

29 minutes ago, RAS_3885 said:

If it meets your performance/resolution target, then yes, it's a good value for you. If it doesn't, then no, it's not..

lol Right? I never understood the point of forum questions like these. Personally it wasn't worth it for me. Did I ask on a forum? No, I returned it and got a 2080. Which I then returned when I heard about the 3000 series. Now I'm stuck back with my GTX 660 until who knows when. But that's the way the ball bounces.

12 minutes ago, NadeMagnet69 said:

lol Right? I never understood the point of forum questions like these. Personally it wasn't worth it for me. Did I ask on a forum? No, I returned it and got a 2080. Which I then returned when I heard about the 3000 series. Now I'm stuck back with my GTX 660 until who knows when. But that's the way the ball bounces.

I mean, I get it. People spend a lot of money on a purchase only to have something new come out and they feel like they could have had something better, even if what they currently have meets their needs. Just have to put it in perspective of what you're trying to achieve instead of thinking you have to always have the latest and greatest.

Be sure to QUOTE or TAG me in your reply so I see it!

CPU Ryzen 7 5800X3D GPU EVGA 3080 Ti FTW3 Ultra MOBO Asus ROG Strix B550-F Gaming RAM Crucial Ballistix 3600 MHz CL16 32 GB PSU Corsair RM1000x COOLING Noctua NH-D15

2 hours ago, B.B.Woolfe said:

the 3060ti will perform as a 2070 or 2070s (according to rumors)

hey! i know to use a computer

3070 is near 2080ti.  I wouldn't expect it to be that weak, around 2080(s) seems probable.  It is also probably more expensive then 2060 super from what I have heard, nvidia msrp is said to be at or below cost, so it will either be paper launch or sell above msrp most of time.  3050(ti) should be more like a 2070(s)

2 hours ago, RAS_3885 said:

I mean, I get it. People spend a lot of money on a purchase only to have something new come out and they feel like they could have had something better, even if what they currently have meets their needs. Just have to put it in perspective of what you're trying to achieve instead of thinking you have to always have the latest and greatest.

lol You don't have to tell me. I got my 2080 returned with only 2 days left out of the 30 I had to return it. I would have sooooo pissed considering the 2080FE price had ballooned up to 1k with taxes. So whenever it is I can find a 3080 now, I'm getting a loads better card and doing so for cheaper. Speaking of price, it surprises me how little the prices have dropped for NIB 2000 series even after launch. I mean used I get buying, but who can't wait to get a 3000 series they pay that much for NIB 2000?

3 hours ago, B.B.Woolfe said:

You have to think about the resolution that you play at and your expectations. A 2060 is probably good for 1080p high refresh with some setting turned down (for AAA games). It isn't the best choice for 1440p but it might be ok if you don't mind playing at lower settings at 60 Hz (FPS).

If you hold off a bit longer, you might be a better deal on a 2070 Super or 5700 XT as people upgrade to the 6000 series AMD cards that are coming soon or the Nvidia 3000 series when stock increases. 

CPU i7 14700K | CPU Cooler Noctua NH-U12A | Motherboard MSI Pro Z690-A | GPU Zotac Airo RTX 4080 | RAM 32 GB GSkill Ripjaws V 4400
Mhz |
 Monitor Alienware AW2721D / Gigabyte M28U | PSU ASUS ROG Strix 850G

1 hour ago, Sophia_Borjia said:

3070 is near 2080ti.  I wouldn't expect it to be that weak, around 2080(s) seems probable.  It is also probably more expensive then 2060 super from what I have heard, nvidia msrp is said to be at or below cost, so it will either be paper launch or sell above msrp most of time.  3050(ti) should be more like a 2070(s)

at least thats a good bang for buck (i mean the 3050ti)

21 minutes ago, Bobbysixjp said:

You have to think about the resolution that you play at and your expectations. A 2060 is probably good for 1080p high refresh with some setting turned down (for AAA games). It isn't the best choice for 1440p but it might be ok if you don't mind playing at lower settings at 60 Hz (FPS).

If you hold off a bit longer, you might be a better deal on a 2070 Super or 5700 XT as people upgrade to the 6000 series AMD cards that are coming soon or the Nvidia 3000 series when stock increases. 

the 3050 ti will perform somewhere around a 2060s-2070s, so you can also play games at 1440p without losing much frames (and you can also use the dlss2.0 of the 3050ti!)

16 minutes ago, hirusha.adikari said:

the 3050 ti will perform somewhere around a 2060s-2070s, so you can also play games at 1440p without losing much frames (and you can also use the dlss2.0 of the 3050ti!)

True - that’s why it is a good idea to wait for a bit for all the new cards to be released and then make a purchase. 

CPU i7 14700K | CPU Cooler Noctua NH-U12A | Motherboard MSI Pro Z690-A | GPU Zotac Airo RTX 4080 | RAM 32 GB GSkill Ripjaws V 4400
Mhz |
 Monitor Alienware AW2721D / Gigabyte M28U | PSU ASUS ROG Strix 850G

2 minutes ago, Bobbysixjp said:

True - that’s why it is a good idea to wait for a bit for all the new cards to be released and then make a purchase. 

waiting until the 3060 and 3050ti is being announced is also, ok, but if you can wait, wait and see weather that amd will release some cards for that price ran [ but anyone isnt sure that theyll doo, they might (thats a 50-50)  ]

I don't think it will be possible to wait for all cards to be released.  

For example rx5300 was launched aug 28th, just before rtx 3000 series.

RDNA3(rx7*00) and Hopper(rtx4000) are coming out in maybe spring 2022, AMD is already teasing rdna3 performance.  Last of this gen may not be out until first of next gen is being announced.

Nvidia is not sleepy intel, the two are in a performance race now.  It will be interesting when intel gets act together and all 3 companies are pushing to out do each other.