Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Should I Return My Lenovo Flex 5? Stopped Working After 2 Months...

So I recently bought a Lenovo Flex 5 (4700U, 16gb ram, and 512gb ssd) and yesterday it stopped powering on altogether. I called Lenovo and they went through some troubleshooting then ended up telling me to send it in for service.

It is still within its return period with Costco so I was wondering if I should just return it and go with a different brand like HP, or if I should go through with the warranty process? I've never had a Lenovo before but it's pretty disappointing that it stopped working after only 2 months of use, I thought they had better quality control.

Might as well exchange it at Costco, it would be easier.

1 minute ago, z123killer said:

I thought they had better quality control.

1 in a few hundred+ is still pretty good, it happens sometimes 

Community Standards || Tech News Posting Guidelines

---======================================================================---

CPU: R5 3600 || GPU: GTX 1080 || Memory: 16GB @ 3200 || Cooler: Noctua D15 || PSU: 750W EVGA G2 || Case: Define C

I wonder how Costco handle their returns. I mean, it is possible that if you do a non-warranty return, they assume it's a good unit you didn't like, turn around and sell it to someone else. That would be kind of a peepee move

20 minutes ago, Yebi said:

I wonder how Costco handle their returns. I mean, it is possible that if you do a non-warranty return, they assume it's a good unit you didn't like, turn around and sell it to someone else. That would be kind of a peepee move

No I mentioned that it doesn't power on anymore and they said it would still be returnable. 

26 minutes ago, z123killer said:

So I recently bought a Lenovo Flex 5 (4700U, 16gb ram, and 512gb ssd) and yesterday it stopped powering on altogether. I called Lenovo and they went through some troubleshooting then ended up telling me to send it in for service.

It is still within its return period with Costco so I was wondering if I should just return it and go with a different brand like HP, or if I should go through with the warranty process? I've never had a Lenovo before but it's pretty disappointing that it stopped working after only 2 months of use, I thought they had better quality control.

I might try and return it to Costco for the exact same thing if that’s the model you want.  I don’t recall Lenovo as having a bad reputation.  The occasional bad machine happens to all companies.  Now if you did that and it happened again, THEN I would be looking for a different model. 

Life is like a bowl of chocolates: there are all these little crinkly paper cups everywhere.

1 minute ago, Bombastinator said:

I might try and return it to Costco for the exact same thing if that’s the model you want.  I don’t recall Lenovo as having a bad reputation.  The occasional bad machine happens to all companies.  Now if you did that and it happened again, THEN I would be looking for a different model. 

28 minutes ago, Slottr said:

Might as well exchange it at Costco, it would be easier.

1 in a few hundred+ is still pretty good, it happens sometimes 

That would be a good idea but I just checked and that model isn't on their website anymore so I won't be able to exchange it. It had pretty good specs for what it cost ($750) which is why I really liked it. 

1 hour ago, Yebi said:

When I worked at Sams Club we were not allowed to resell any return that had user data on it. We would have to return it to the vendor. 

I just want to sit back and watch the world burn.