Jump to content
Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Bridging two VLAN ID's on a Cisco SG 350

Hello, I need help with an odd VLAN setup, basically because my new AP does not support adding SSID's on the default VLAN when there already are configured other multiple VLAN SSID's, I thought I could just create another VLAN id bridged to the default one on a Cisco SG 350, but I never did that and I don't even know where to start. 
A quick look on the internet showed you can create bridge groups, but those do not work via CLI (I have only the bridge multicast command on the vlan interface, not bridge-group) 

Another thing that I can do is to just waste two switch ports, untagging them to the VLAN 1 and 11 (the one I created for the bridge)  and just connecting together, but sadily I cannot waste those two ports.

 

Is there a way to accomplish this? 

Link to post
Share on other sites

@Lurick Cisco Guru will help

CPU: i7 4790K |CPU Cooler: CM Hyper 212 Evo | Motherboard: Z97-A | RAM: 4x4GB Kingston Memory 1600mhz | GPU: Nvidia GTX 1060 6GB Zotac Mini | Case: K280 Case | PSU: Cooler Master B600 Power supply | SSD: 120GB Kingston V300 SSD | HDDs: 1x 250GB & 1x 1TB WD Blue | Monitors: 24" Acer S240HLBID + 24" Samsung  | OS: Win 10 Pro

 

Audio: Behringer 302USB Xenyx 5 Input Mixer |  U-PHORIA UMC204HD | Neewer NW-700 Mic | Sound Blaster Audigy Fx PCI-E card

 

Networking gear:  Lenovo ThinkCenter M82 ESXi 6.7 | Lenovo M93 Tiny Exchange 2019 | TP-LINK TL-SG1024D 24-Port Gigabit | Cisco ASA 5506 firewall  | Cisco Catalyst 3750 Gigabit Switch | HP MicroServer G7 NAS | Dell PowerEdge R210 II SCCM Server

Link to post
Share on other sites

The SG350 doesn't support bridge groups so unfortunately that's out.

Can you tag the different SSIDs with a non-default VLAN and use that same VLAN for all the SSIDs on the AP?

Current Network Layout:

Current Build Log/PC:

Prior Build Log/PC:

Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, Lurick said:

The SG350 doesn't support bridge groups so unfortunately that's out.

Can you tag the different SSIDs with a non-default VLAN and use that same VLAN for all the SSIDs on the AP?

Sadly no, all the other SSID's have their VLAN because of other networks, so I guess I need to shout at Sophos because of something this stupid for their AP, but thanks anyway 

Funny thing when you have the central management subscription it actually lets you do that, but it expired so I must use the XG firewall.

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Chunchunmaru_ said:

Sadly no, all the other SSID's have their VLAN because of other networks, so I guess I need to shout at Sophos because of something this stupid, but thanks anyway 

Ah, so each SSID has to have it's own VLAN, that's pretty stupid for sure.

I was going to say if you could use VLAN 11 for all the SSIDs then you could just setup the SG350 with a trunk port and native vlan of 11 and it should work.

Current Network Layout:

Current Build Log/PC:

Prior Build Log/PC:

Link to post
Share on other sites
23 hours ago, Lurick said:

Ah, so each SSID has to have it's own VLAN, that's pretty stupid for sure.

I was going to say if you could use VLAN 11 for all the SSIDs then you could just setup the SG350 with a trunk port and native vlan of 11 and it should work.

I'm upping this thread again

 

This time I decided to do this in the "physical" way,

 

I found two free ports I can use

I want to connect those VLAN's by untagging those two ports, and connect them together in the switch with a short cable

 

I untagged the VLAN 11 to the port 9, connected them to the default VLAN port 35, disabled the STP protocol on those two (in case the loop detection kicks in) but still i can't get the DHCP from VLAN 1, am I missing something? 

 

image.png.d7196efac1a04e5f1a6b9675ed9f1d3d.png

image.png.1b272a8fe1ebdef1734425a151852c7c.png

 

In this way, the traffic coming from the AP which is a trunk port, accepting vlan 11, should get the VLAN 1 DHCP, but that does not seem to happen

Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, Chunchunmaru_ said:

I'm upping this thread again

 

This time I decided to do this in the "physical" way,

 

I found two free ports I can use

I want to connect those VLAN's by untagging those two ports, and connect them together in the switch with a short cable

 

I untagged the VLAN 11 to the port 9, connected them to the default VLAN port 35, disabled the STP protocol on those two (in case the loop detection kicks in) but still i can't get the DHCP from VLAN 1, am I missing something? 

 

image.png.d7196efac1a04e5f1a6b9675ed9f1d3d.png

image.png.1b272a8fe1ebdef1734425a151852c7c.png

 

In this way, the traffic coming from the AP which is a trunk port, accepting vlan 11, should get the VLAN 1 DHCP, but that does not seem to happen

If the AP is acting as a trunk port then you'll need to set a default VLAN so when it hits the port on the switch traffic in that native VLAN gets the VLAN ID stripped.

Current Network Layout:

Current Build Log/PC:

Prior Build Log/PC:

Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
Newegg

×