Help..what's making my pc slow or it's really bottlenecking

Please help my 15 year old game can't even stop lagging.

I suspect maybe this is a bottleneck 

My setup: i know it's crap

• Intel atom n2600
  • GMA 3600 (its integrated graphics)
  • 2 GB ram 
  • HDD 375 GB 5700 rpm (117 GB free)

Another thing I noticed is that the ram usage while I'm gaming can't go higher than 55% 

If you're wondering I'm playing gta sa. It's fps is stuck around 5 or rarely 20 fps. Yes it's just so fustrurating playing like this.

I have used game boost softwares it only boosted around 2 fps. But sometimes it does not effect.

I don't know what's really wrong about my laptop or it's just it. It is maybe bottlenecking but I'm not quite sure. It's benchmark is around equal to the pentium 4. So it could be another factor, it's an atom cpu.

So well maybe the cpu might actually bottlenecked it. I'm going to overclock it but many said your pc doesn't improve much performance and generate more heat, so I guess it's should be the same crap.

Help me.. what should I do.

Thanks for ideas.

Edit 16/11/20 :

I tried a tweak that made my game's texture crappy low.

• before : 5 fps
  • after: 8 fps

Well results should be (experience from other players) fps jumped up slot.

Well so here's the important:

Gpu (integrated graphics GMA 3600) is bottlenecking.

Possible proofs:

1. If I looked up the sky, there is absolutely nothing to render.    Fps jumped to 60.                      When I looked buildings and stuff, fps got to 6.
  2. Gpu temp higher than Cpu.

Here's what I did to overclock GMA 3600.

At first times, I used msi afterburner.

It didn't show anything and all the interactive things looks like it cannot be pressed. ( Ofc that old stuff won't do anything with afterburner)

Then, I found a program named GMA booster. It said it overclocks GMA graphics but I launch it and it won't work. Then I looked up and actually GMA 3600 is not actually supported.

Edited by Kazov_therussianblin

Try and do a benchmark and check the temps of your CPU. Suspect it might be an overheating problem.

19 minutes ago, Kazov_therussianblin said:

Please help my 15 year old game can't even stop lagging.

I suspect maybe this is a bottleneck 

My setup: i know it's crap

• Intel atom n2600
  • GMA 3600 (its integrated graphics)
  • 2 GB ram 
  • HDD 375 GB 5700 rpm (117 GB free)

Another thing I noticed is that the ram usage while I'm gaming can't go higher than 55% 

If you're wondering I'm playing gta sa. It's fps is stuck around 5 or rarely 20 fps. Yes it's just so fustrurating playing like this.

I have used game boost softwares it only boosted around 2 fps. But sometimes it does not effect.

I don't know what's really wrong about my laptop or it's just it. It is maybe bottlenecking but I'm not quite sure. It's benchmark is around equal to the pentium 4. So it could be another factor, it's an atom cpu.

So well maybe the cpu might actually bottlenecked it. I'm going to overclock it but many said your pc doesn't improve much performance and generate more heat, so I guess it's should be the same crap.

Help me.. what should I do.

Thanks for ideas.

That cpu is a 2 core 4 thread cpu. The performance is about equal to a 1 core 1 thread AMD Athlon 64 4000+ or the 1 core 2 thread Pentium 4 3.0 GHz, both released in 2008. The fact that it is "newer" or has more threads is not relevant in 15 year old games, those run on 1 core. You also have to factor in the operating system, which in recent years is more and more taxing.

If you want to play GTA SA or other old games decently, consider buying a cheap (second hand) desktop. For less than 100 USD you can find some good (older) gaming pc's that run those games at over 60 fps.

On 11/10/2020 at 5:42 PM, Rooked said:

Try and do a benchmark and check the temps of your CPU. Suspect it might be an overheating problem.

I did l, here is the results:

Cpu max temp: 61°C

Gpu max temp: 68°C

Cpu percantage: 100% at most times

I don't know the gpu percentage I'm using win 7.

I can't know the score because it crashed before it could.

But I'm planning to clean the dust in the laptop.

On 11/10/2020 at 3:59 AM, Naijin said:

You also have to factor in the operating system, which in recent years is more and more taxing.

Correct

O/S are more bloated now then ever, more stuff installed to slow the O/S down more.

On 11/10/2020 at 2:34 AM, Kazov_therussianblin said:

I'm going to overclock it but many said your pc doesn't improve much performance and generate more heat, so I guess it's should be the same crap. Help me.. what should I do.

No you're not - you cannot overclock an Atom n2600 CPU because it does not support overclocking. What should you do to increase performance? Replace the laptop.

Desktop: KiRaShi-Intel-2022 (i5-12600K, RTX2060) Mobile: OnePlus 5T | Koodo - 75GB Data + Data Rollover for $45/month
Laptop: Dell XPS 15 9560 (the real 15" MacBook Pro that Apple didn't make) Tablet: iPad Mini 5 | Lenovo IdeaPad Duet 10.1
Camera: Canon M6 Mark II | Canon Rebel T1i (500D) | Canon SX280 | Panasonic TS20D Music: Spotify Premium (CIRCA '08)

Check with San Andreas minimum requirements it's lower than your pc, you can use FPS mods like I did, it's increased from 15 to 50 FPS for my crap laptop.

8 minutes ago, knockless said:

Check with San Andreas minimum requirements it's lower than your pc, you can use FPS mods like I did, it's increased from 15 to 50 FPS for my crap laptop.

Ok how I tried a anti lag mod and the results...it made my gta don't launch and I have to download it again

Pls explain or the video for that😀

Might be extremely helpfull

Just now, Kazov_therussianblin said:

Ok how I tried a anti lag mod and the results...it made my gta don't launch and I have to download it again

Pls explain or the video for that😀

Might be extremely helpfull

use GTA image size shrinker and sorry I don't have time to make a video on it. You can search YouTube for one.

PS: image size shrinker will make colour to 256 colours :(

22 hours ago, knockless said:

if your 100% Slav then play STALKER shadow of Chernobyl. 

Cheeki Breeki.

I can't blyat it blue screened after launching it

SOOKA BLYAT {:(

22 hours ago, knockless said:

use GTA image size shrinker and sorry I don't have time to make a video on it. You can search YouTube for one.

PS: image size shrinker will make colour to 256 colours :(

Spoiler

a literal link for the sake I can play peacefully

Is this it?

https://www.gtainside.com/en/sanandreas/tools/126429-gta-shrinker-v1-03/

Its rating is perfect maybe it is the right thing

On 11/15/2020 at 4:24 PM, Kazov_therussianblin said:
  Reveal hidden contents

a literal link for the sake I can play peacefully

Is this it?

https://www.gtainside.com/en/sanandreas/tools/126429-gta-shrinker-v1-03/

Its rating is perfect maybe it is the right thing

Loolllll

I used the mod and it just increased for 3 fps

Wow 🥺

I noticed the mod is there because all the resolutions just turned s*** and all that.

Look at the main post btw I will talk more there